Bike Shop Girl
    Apr 2004

MTB Clinics in the Front Range?

I just moved to Denver from the southeast and quickly realizing that riding and bike setup is very different here.

Are there any 2-3 day MTB clinics coming up? I would love if it is women's specific, but it won't keep me away if it isn't.
    Bike Shop Girl Empowering women in cycling

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I remember finding a print in a local bike shop about the upcoming events, i.e., races and MTB clinics. I throw the magazine but I think you'll find one in bike shops around you. I remember seeing one woman trainer around the area in that booklet. Good luck.
    2009 Stumpjumper Comp HT.
    An old Trek 820 ST.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Lakewood Parks and Rec offers women's specific bike clinics, and there are a few coming up in June and July. They are a lot cheaper and lot less time commitment than most others, and they offer beginner/intermediate/advanced levels. I took the beginner one when I started mountain biking and it was awesome - taking the intermediate next week. The instructor Yana Sweeney is great and they're limited to a few people so the instruction is pretty tailored to who is there. You can find the info here (go to this link and then on the right hand side under “Quick Links” click on “Outdoor Adventures Summer 2013” (at the bottom of the list) and it will open a pdf with all the class descriptions and dates):

Outdoor Adventures

If you want to do a weekend/destination thing, Sheride does camps in Durango and Crested Butte, and Trek Dirt Series does some in Winter Park and Fruita.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    2 places to check out. Leelikesbikes.com and Betterride.net. Either one should do the trick.

Ink

adamant
    Sep 2006
    yep....LeeLikesBikes at Valmont Bike Park, highly recommended and BetterRide.net

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Salvagetti does a great suspension and tire workshop every few weeks that is definitely worth checking out as well! The yeti beti women's race team also puts on a great clinic in the summer too

mtbr member
    Check out the Dirt Divas women's riding group. They do women only clinics during the summer. Women Mountain Biking Colorado | Mountain Biking Colorado

mtbr member
    I did the Women's Dirt Series in Fruita last year. I highly recommend them. Their strengths:
    • The coaches can not only demonstrate the skills they are teaching, they break the skills down into steps and are adept at describing what students are doing wrong and how to correct it
    • The coaches teach the skills in a consistent manner. Students don't get conflicting instruction from different coaches.
    • Students practice new skills on equipment set up in a park. Afternoon trail rides offer the opportunity to apply the skills to real life trail situations.
    • Students are broken up into groups of people with similar skills so teaching and learning are efficient. Advanced students aren't bored while new students learn basic skills and new students aren't intimidated by advanced skills and trails.
    • All coaches have basic first aid training and first aid kits in case of injury.
    • Colorado clinics are led by women coaches and are for women only.
    • The business is owned by a woman with many years of experience offering these clinics. She's got it down to a science.

I've worked with other coaches who could demonstrate skills but couldn't break the skill down into steps, nor could they determine what a student was doing wrong or how to correct it. I'll go back to the Dirt Series clinics when I want to learn more.

mtbr member
    There's this:
    Trestle® Bike Park - Mountain Bike Camps

But they might have already sold out (the Trek one), and not exactly on the FR altho close.

Edit: the Trek one is wait-listed...
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Yes, the Women's Dirt Series clinic at Trestle is full. The Fruita clinic is still open.

FasCat Coaching
    Shoot me your email info at fascatcoaching.com

We just finished up a 3 weeknight session (tuesdays) of skills clinics <6 people with former World Downhill Champion Myles Rockwell and are working on setting up another session. They were really cheap $150-200 range ff and really had fun and learned quite a bit (dude can corner like nobody's business). Myles is a great teacher & super skilled rider and yes, we had females there!
    FasCat Coaching
    Personalized Coaching for All Cyclists

Chairman of the Beard
    I 2nd LeeLikesBikes as a great value for money 1 day course. BetterRide covers very similar topics, but over 3 days and for a lot more money. I've taken both. If you want 3 days and have the coin, it's a great course that will let you get more practice time in and more details and individual coaching.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.