Will to Win

MSC Races Questions!

So I want to race on MSC Sol Squared Race on august 29th-31st. Been having some little complications with the registration on the MSC website. Also, do I need a NORBA account holder or be registered somewhere? Can I race solo or do I need to be registered to a Team to be able to race?

Anyone carpooling from Boulder or Denver? I would appreciate a ride! I'm moving to Boulder next month and I know no one there!

Thanks in advance!

AM

mtbr member
    You don't need to be one a team to race. You don't need a NORBA # if you race beginner or sport. If you race expert, you should be able to buy a one-day license at the event. Can't help you on a ride, gotta full car with family and the rest of the necessities. Good luck.

Living the High Life
    You still need a USA Cycling number -NORBA- to race anything at MSC, it covers insurance for all riders, you can get a one day license. They say you save $5 by pre-registering online, but there was a $2.99 fee I got, so it only saved $2 unless I missed something. Its confusing registering online / registering two events / registering in person etc. Super D costs less than DH, you get $5 off if you do 2 events.

I know Kim who works at MSC and she assures me its ok, I believe her and don't worry about it And if I ask too many questions she makes fun of me..."Matt you're supposed to be some kind of smarta$$ rocket scientist, but you can't figure this sh!t out?"
    Last edited by Ithnu; 07-24-2008 at 10:57 AM.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Just to clarify some mis-information from ReporterKyle. If you are not a NORBA member, you may purchase a temporary license online or at the race to compete in Sport and Beginner classes ONLY. You must be an annual NORBA member to compete in Expert, Semi-Pro, and Pro classes. This is a new rule for 2008.

mtbr member
    Double post
    Last edited by Reporterkyle; 07-24-2008 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Double Post

mtbr member
    From MSC Rules Website:

An annual NORBA license is NOT mandatory to race beginner, or sport.

http://www.racemsc.com/rules/endurancerules.html

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporterkyle
    From MSC Rules Website:

An annual NORBA license is NOT mandatory to race beginner, or sport.

http://www.racemsc.com/rules/endurancerules.html
    Correct, but a temporary license (one-day) is mandatory. And to reiterate, Experts and above may not race on temporary licenses (one-day) in the 2008 season.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by merft
    Correct, but a temporary license (one-day) is mandatory. And to reiterate, Experts and above may not race on temporary licenses (one-day) in the 2008 season.
    Shheeesh. You're just confusing the poor guy and making it more complicated than it needs to be. If he is a sport or beginner, he doesn't need to register with USA Cycling or get an account. He can just show up, pay his fee and race.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If you are still confused just show up at registration. Talk to Kim about the event, talk to the USA Cycling official Dean Crandall about whether or not you need a license. You can take care of it all at the event. Pre-reg is good, but if its a hassle just go...but don't wait to the last minute. Read the event schedule carefully to find out the cut off times for on-site reg.

Will to Win
    yeah I running sport class... so I'll just show up there and race... awesome.