Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

MSC #1, April 12-13: Fruita - who's going?

We've got a 5.5 mile off-road TT on the 3/4 Trail on Saturday, then a ripping backcountry XC on the Kokopelli and Western Rim Trails on Sunday. We saw a bunch of you at Wahoo's last weekend and we're looking forward to catching up with the rest of you next weekend. Darner just got back and said that he'd rarely had more fun on his XC bike. Cawley's headed out tomorrow for some more recon. I'll post details when he gets back. If you want more info head to www.racemsc.com.

Just a reminder - MSC #1 will be the last time that Endurance Series season passes will be available. Also, if you'd like to avoid the processing fee on SBO or the on-site fee there's a PDF of the Rabbit Valley registration form as well as a season pass registration form posted on the Rabbit Valley event page on the site. You can mail it in if you get it postmarked by Saturday, or you can fax it in until Wednesday afternoon.

We apologize for the commercial interruption. We now return you to your normally scheduled Apex thread...

MM
    Support Open Space!

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Nope. I'll be there the next weekend with my 5&6 year olds ripping up the Kessel Run, though.

eci
    i'm in and ready for pain.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    I'm there. I have been wating for this since mike released the schedule. I am sure i am going to get my arse kicked since i just upgraded to sport but O well.

mtbr member
    Y'know jeffkenn, I sort of expected that I'd see you there.

Looking forward to it,
    Mike
    Support Open Space!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I wont be racing, just hittin every other trail friday through sunday!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    planning on being there

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Riding Saturday, racing Sunday!!!!! In expert no less.
    2011 Sponsors: Rocky Mountain Racing, Golden Bike Shop, WTB

mtbr member
    No TT for you Joel?

Let me be frank: we really need that regsitration money.

Just kidding of course. See you there!

Mike
    Support Open Space!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

sorry

Not too interested in the TT and my 10 yr old has soccer games that w/e anyway so can't do it. Would love to do the sunday race.

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Nope

My wife and kiddo are leaving for 3.5 weeks the day after....I'd be talking Alimony and Child Support....

Why couldn't you have made it one weekend later ,Mike! I thought the schedule was supposed to revolve around me?

Matt
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

<100%
    Mrs. will be racing. When I am not acting as her support crew, I'll be riding and having fun. Mike, if you're taking orders, I'd like it temperate and sunny.

mtbr member
    I've ordered up sunny and temperate for Mrs. JSJ, the kids and the rest of the field. Unfortunately for you, it comes with a side of personal deep-funk rain cloud. Guaranteed to elicit sullen moodiness and general recalcitrance.

Someone's going to have to tote that around over their head all weekend. Sorry buddy. I'd bring your slicker if I were you.

MM
    Support Open Space!

mtbr member

I dont mind..

...running the TT by my self in sport, if its too much hasle for every one, I'll just go it solo and say you guys were there!

mtbr member
    Yup, I'll be there and ready to get spanked! Actually looking forward too this. Was out two weeks ago and course will be fun!
    Ride Fast, Take Chances!

<100%
    Quote Originally Posted by MavSports
    ....Unfortunately for you, it comes with a side of personal deep-funk rain cloud. Guaranteed to elicit sullen moodiness and general recalcitrance.

MM
    Wow, that sounds serious. What have I done to deserve such unfortunate circumstances? I wonder if there is any medication that I may bring that will help lift my spirits?

Good thing we're not going to Utah!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsj3831
    Wow, that sounds serious. What have I done to deserve such unfortunate circumstances? I wonder if there is any medication that I may bring that will help lift my spirits?

Good thing we're not going to Utah!
    The antidote comes in a bottle. With a handle. In a purple velvet bag. Usually Darner brings it. Sometimes Doc.

See you there Jack -

Mike
    Support Open Space!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MavSports
    No TT for you Joel?

Let me be frank: we really need that regsitration money.

Just kidding of course. See you there!

Mike

Well I still might but I want to ride some other trails with my college buddy out there. I guess it is only 5 miles or so...I could do both.hmmmmmmm

LET ME JUST SAY I CAN NOT FRIGGEN WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2011 Sponsors: Rocky Mountain Racing, Golden Bike Shop, WTB

mtbr member
    Chris Cawley and our new Endurace Series Discipline Manager Tim Assor (say "UH-soooore") are out there today checking things out. Once I hear from them I'll update here and in the raceMSC forums. The word is that the courses are in amazing condition.

Anyone ridden Western Rim this year or last? We're debating having the pros end experts do the extra loop (Kokopelli/Trail2). MFK came back after having ridden there last weekend and said that the Western Rim Trail as is will probably be 2+ hours for most.

Any thoughts?
    Support Open Space!

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Yup

1) I rode it backwards which I think would be slower as the Rim was a slight uphill grade rather than downhill, also I think descending trail 2 rather than climbing would be faster.

2)Once we completed the rim singletrack , we went back down the Koko and did it (the rim singletrack) again for fun... adding 4 or 5 miles.

3) We were on SS's geared too easily to pedal very much on the way back.

It took us about 2hrs and 40 min considering the above. I was estimating we would do it in under 2 hours on race day.
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Leave the loop for the pros/semipros and drop it for the experts maybe? As a semi, I want to do the extra loop. But if you will end up with experts doing near 3 hrs, or more, than that's a bit much.

Oh, and I'll be there. Racing a collegiate RR on saturday so I should be nice and tired

mtbr member
    longer the better, I want my money's worth!

mtbr member
    I suspected as much JcospoCo...
    Support Open Space!

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by used2Bhard
    1) I rode it backwards which I think would be slower as the Rim was a slight uphill grade rather than downhill, also I think descending trail 2 rather than climbing would be faster.

2)Once we completed the rim singletrack , we went back down the Koko and did it (the rim singletrack) again for fun... adding 4 or 5 miles.

3) We were on SS's geared too easily to pedal very much on the way back.

It took us about 2hrs and 40 min considering the above. I was estimating we would do it in under 2 hours on race day.
    is it save to say you can big gear the entire TT course?

I would go pre-ride this weekend but since the wife went out of town I would have to kennel the kids.

Bianchimtb
    Jul 2007
    I'm excited to be out there racin' good to see some new races for MSC.
    Whatever hurts you, can only make you stronger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast