mtbr member
    Aug 2004

More White Rim Difficulties Possible

I'm cross-posting this from the Utah forum because I know a lot of Front Rangers hit White Rim in the spring...

The new road to Mineral Bottom is open, but now the Green River may interfere with White RIm soon:

"On Monday, the Canyonlands National Park issued a high water alert to individuals and outfitters holding permits for trips on the White Rim and the Green River between May 15 and June 25.

The letter warns White Rim permit holders that the west side of the White Rim road will flood if river levels top 25,000 cfs, making completion of the White Rim loop impossible. Permit holders are advised to bring extra fuel in case they must retrace their route in order to complete their trip."

http://moabtimes.com/view/full_story...ome_news_right

old skool newbie

irony

We only adjusted our campgrounds a couple of weeks ago so we'd be back to the loop again. Maybe we should have kept them with the out and back format. We are at Hardscrabble A the last night and I can't recall right now, but I think there is flood spot on the road is before Hardscrabble. hmmm?
    We've gotten stuck in those muddy washes between Hardscrabble and Mineral Bottom on previous trips. Or have waited for others to dig out too. Its always fun a trip tho'.