Thread: More Pueblo!

Yappy little dog!

More Pueblo!

Video coming soon.

First I just want to say what an unbelievable state Colorado is. There are not too many places you can be skiing incredible runs one day (as I was on Saturday) and then mountain biking in shorts the next. Now to the goods.

There was so much chatter on the riding in Pueblo, that a bunch of us just had to check it out for ourselves. That and the fact it was going to be in the 70's and dry as a bone in the south. It's about a two hour drive down, but heck I used to drive two hours just to get to 300' above sea level when I lived on the east coast.

I'm not going to even try to remember the trailnames only to say they had names such as Dead Dog, Freeride, and Bones. I think you can get the picture. The cool thing was that one side was technical and the other XC. All around one of the bigger reserviors in the state.

So off we go to hit up some of the playground while we still have en energy.

The trails are very loose shale in most parts. I guess that just adds another level of complexity.

There's certainly no lack of rocky goodness. Yet, the lines have been laid out well.

Most of the time you are riding up and down a valley trying out the short technical shoots. Each one a little different from the next, yet all fun.

A little more of the technical stuff.

Then it was off to the other side of the trail system and another 10.5 miles of XC. I named it the crappy carnie go cart ride. Because you would round the corner and see the other riders heading towards you. It just reminded me of one of those five mile an hour kiddie rides where the kid thinks he's actually driving the car.

And finally on the way back to the car, Bill get's some nerves. What you don't see is the ice at the top.

Nice stuff and happy to be riding it!

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Good stuff schnauzers! That place is a blast. Can't wait to see your video.

skillz to pay billz
    anyone want to say what trail that last image is on? pleasey?

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Log Drop, I believe... Hit it off of Pedro's Point to Waterfall... take a right on Log Drop and enjoy.

skillz to pay billz
    thanks! looks like a good time down there today.

skillz to pay billz
    well put, hall ranch on sat. powder day at abasin on sun.

Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    First I just want to say what an unbelievable state Colorado is. There are not too many places you can be skiing incredible runs one day (as I was on Saturday) and then mountain biking in shorts the next. Now to the goods.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    Good stuff schnauzers! That place is a blast. Can't wait to see your video.
    Thanks. You had great shots too and a little more blue sky. Missed it by one hour.

I'll edit the vid tomorrow. It's a little bouncy because I wasn't using the full cam set up which has image stabilization. I guess I have to go back to keeping my shoulders still.

I can't ride 45!
    Good seeing you down south, Mitch!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb
    hey, let's keep it clean... this is a family show.

[SIZE="1"](that's what you get for not writing me back w/ the pweblo 411 saturday).[/SIZE]

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb

You too. I bet it felt great to be back on the bike after the rehab.

I can't ride 45!
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt

[SIZE="1"](that's what you get for not writing me back w/ the pweblo 411 saturday).[/SIZE]
    Heck I did write you back on Saturday! Did you not get a message from me at your gotdirt account? Was hoping you were going to join. I just though you didn't like me anymore. Searching for the emoticon for crying but not finding one.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    :*( and :'( are both acceptable "crying" ascii emoticons. And that's one to grown on!

Your retarded

[SIZE=1](that's what you get for not writing me back w/ the pweblo 411 saturday).[/SIZE]
    Dude, I wrote you the "411" on Saturday too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    haven't heard from jason in a few days, but i did see that thread earlier in the week... so is the plan for pweb tomorrow? i'll drop him a line and check in; not sure i'll be able to get out that long (considering commute time).
    Correct. Green light for Pueblo tomorrow. This is the email I got from Jason this morning.
    I think we are rendezvousing at 7:30 in dtown and then heading south.
    I need to talk to anthony to firm up plans and then I will call you
    with details, OK?
    See you tomorrow, Terry. Do me a favor and think slow thoughts, mmkkkaayyy?

-Nicholas
    You are soooo busted, Mr.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

mtbr member

rain check

the last i heard from sir bertolacci: "As I get firm detail I will relay them."

it's all good. if indeed the caravan left at 7:30, then i woulda had to pass anyway... something about good wine, good company/conversation, and a 3:am bedtime the night before.

besides, as JSD points out, you guys are waaay too bad@ss for me [SIZE="1"](not to mention my bike might have gotten dirty)[/SIZE].
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.