Now Uploading

More Palmer Park pics from Sunday, 12/19/04...

...a few more,

Ken in yellow jersey, Dave in full-face both dropping and goofing around, Celeste on Templeton, Ken, Dave, Mitch and Celeste standing around. Most shots by Celeste, a few by Ken.

Was another good day to ride.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mtbdirteater; 12-19-2004 at 09:48 PM. Reason: added pics
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

Now Uploading
    next five pics...

Not just famous; infamous
    Very nice, sorry I missed it. Looks like you took roughly the same route as last week--lotsa places to play.

I did get in a nice road ride yesterday

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluchs
    Looks like you took roughly the same route as last week--lotsa places to play.
    Yeah, we were hoping to run into more locals there and find some new stuff, but nobody else riding there at 10:00am when we got there. Still had a blast though, always a fun place. Need to explore it more next time. We've just gotta plan it for when nobody's in a hurry to get home!

Cheers,

Dave

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    Yeah, we were hoping to run into more locals there and find some new stuff, but nobody else riding there at 10:00am when we got there. Still had a blast though, always a fun place. Need to explore it more next time. We've just gotta plan it for when nobody's in a hurry to get home!

Cheers,

Dave
    We had friends visiting from out of town, so I would have felt like a rat abondoning them two days in row.

Even so, it looks like you found a couple of nice ledges that I've never spotted before.

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    We had friends visiting from out of town, so I would have felt like a rat abondoning them two days in row.

Even so, it looks like you found a couple of nice ledges that I've never spotted before.
    Hey, it's that time of the year. We'll ride it again soon.

Merry Christmas,

Dave

mtbr member
    May 2004
    where are the drops in Palmer Park? I Have 2 in my backyard that if anyone want to know where they are they can ask me and I will tell ya in a PM if you agree not to sue me or something. I live like in plamer park my yard is p park

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8kid33
    where are the drops in Palmer Park? I Have 2 in my backyard that if anyone want to know where they are they can ask me and I will tell ya in a PM if you agree not to sue me or something. I live like in plamer park my yard is p park
    You're Jacob's friend right? I was looking at your forum a few days ago at the photo albums and realized that I recognized just about everyone of you. I'm the guy that rode with you all a few times at the BMX track that moved from a stinky to a bighit over a few months. lol. We should go riding sometime over break.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    You're Jacob's friend right? I was looking at your forum a few days ago at the photo albums and realized that I recognized just about everyone of you. I'm the guy that rode with you all a few times at the BMX track that moved from a stinky to a bighit over a few months. lol. We should go riding sometime over break.
    oh yeah we should you rode with all those guys I remember you .didn't you have a monster on you big hit for a while than you gave that other guy (I can't remember his name) the boxxer for the v10?

Cynical Bystander
    oh yeah we should you rode with all those guys I remember you .didn't you have a monster on you big hit for a while than you gave that other guy (I can't remember his name) the boxxer for the v10?
    yeah, and then I raced over the summer and decided to be even more of a bikewhore so I got the V10, lol.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    yeah, and then I raced over the summer and decided to be even more of a bikewhore so I got the V10, lol.
    so were you at any mountain sates cup races? which ones? how did you do I started racing Dh to nd so did all of my friends

Cynical Bystander
    so were you at any mountain sates cup races? which ones? how did you do I started racing Dh to nd so did all of my friends
    I only went to Angelfire last season cuz my parents didn't want to be dragged out to the others... It was my first race so i didn't do the greatest but I think that on a bike that's more than 10lbs lighter, and a lot more riding experience that I'm a lot better. What about you guys?

Has Jacob tried doing the backflip again? I saw the movies of his attempts and thats pretty crazy stuff. Looks like he couldn't quite get the final rotation down but sweet none the less. I bet he could do it.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I was at angel fire to and didn't do to good had some major bike issues and 2 crashes me jacob and chris (maybe you remember him) kid on a ghetto bike all raced keystone too and jocob smoked junior sport and I got 9th junior beginner. He has tried 3 backflips and the third one he basicly got the whole rotation but cased the jump front tire he is waiting for a new full face to come in then he will try more but we put a better lip on the jump so he will get it next time. Whats your name? I feel dumb but I just can't recall you giving it to me. I am Jose Garcia by the way.

Cynical Bystander
    Was Chris on some oldass Kona fireMountain? I remember him jumping the double at the bmx track and wondering why it hadn't cracked in half yet.

I'm Tony.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Was Chris on some oldass Kona fireMountain? I remember him jumping the double at the bmx track and wondering why it hadn't cracked in half yet.

I'm Tony.
    yep and like three days later it snapped when he cased a jump and his face hit the ground pretty good his face was all bleeding and stuff but it was funny

Cynical Bystander
    lol, that would suck a lot!

last time I saw Chris was....a few weeks ago s'ling(bad word to say here) Palmer with keaton...he had an old Enduro or Stumpjumper or something
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    lol, that would suck a lot!

last time I saw Chris was....a few weeks ago s'ling(bad word to say here) Palmer with keaton...he had an old Enduro or Stumpjumper or something

yeah he broke that a few days later too. he is riding jacobs old scab right now.

Cynical Bystander
    yeah he broke that a few days later too. he is riding jacobs old scab right now.
    Ahahahaha, lol. Are you still riding that Lenz and some other thing that you got recently?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    yeah I got that lenz pro descender and a Rocky Mountain switch but I had a bullit for racing last season. I just noticed you are on ADR I am currently negotiating with them to sponser me, Chris and jacob but jacob is concerned how much their frames are even with discount. Do you have one yet????

Now Uploading
    ...so you guys didn't have any pics from Sunday at Palmer Park to post, eh?

Cynical Bystander
    yeah I got that lenz pro descender and a Rocky Mountain switch but I had a bullit for racing last season. I just noticed you are on ADR I am currently negotiating with them to sponser me, Chris and jacob but jacob is concerned how much their frames are even with discount. Do you have one yet????
    Nah, I've been talking with Neil lately and he says that the production frames aren't going to be out until mid-Marchish. Tell Jacob that there's no reason to be concerned with pricing, its just about THE best deal i've ever seen for a dh frame, and some of the parts pricing are simply incredible too. That'd be sweet if you guys got on and we had a Springs Team or something like that for them. I think I'm going to atleast get their 4x frame that they're coming out with and probably the DH frame too.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Cynical Bystander
    ...so you guys didn't have any pics from Sunday at Palmer Park to post, eh?
    Oh yea, sorry for the derailment. Here's a pic of a car crash i saw earlier today. The car got crunched under the semi trailer....lol Not crunchedcrunched but just a dent on top of the drivers side.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Now Uploading
    Oh yea, sorry for the derailment. Here's a pic of a car crash i saw earlier today. The car got crunched under the semi trailer....lol Not crunchedcrunched but just a dent on top of the drivers side.
    No problem Tony, I was gonna put a few more pics up from Sunday in this thread, but they'd be so far down here now, I'd be better off posting them as part of some other shorter thread.

Dave

Cynical Bystander
    No problem Tony, I was gonna put a few more pics up from Sunday in this thread, but they'd be so far down here now, I'd be better off posting them as part of some other shorter thread.

Dave
    Lol. Hey would you be up for some Palmer or something later this week? I get off school tomorrow and with my newly built up rigid hardtail it's dying for some riding.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Now Uploading
    Hey would you be up for some Palmer or something later this week?
    'Tis the season to be jolly, so probably no more trips down to the Springs to ride until after all this joyous holiday crap is over again...

I get off school tomorrow and with my newly built up rigid hardtail it's dying for some riding.
    Here's my last rigid hardtail below, my wheels were smaller back then, and so was any concern I may have had about landing in the ER. Think I'm going with a 100mm XC fork on my next hardtail SS project.

Cheers,

Dave