Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Monument trails

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HUSKERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    130

    Monument trails

    Anyone have any suggestions for MTB trails around the Monument area?


    Thanks

  2. #2
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,933
    Mo town has trails?




    Come out thursday evening and enjoy some of those said trails.


    I tapped that

  3. #3
    Inflexable...
    Reputation: kchri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    Not after this "Mega-Blizzard" we are having!
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

  4. #4
    Team Inflexible
    Reputation: Jaydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,843
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post



    Come out thursday evening and enjoy some of those said trails.


    I tapped that
    What he said

  5. #5
    Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Reputation: jasonvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    991
    Looks fine from here.

    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

  6. #6
    I think I can.
    Reputation: JOEMTBR COLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,233

    Just out driving around

    Weathers not bad now, need to wait for tomorrow and see how much accumulates, at this point I am doubtful this will affect any of our plans for Thurs.

    As for the OP, I was at Pro Cycling, they have a map of some of the trails, lots more in other areas in monument and palmer lake. This time of year is a little tougher on the North end of town, you get used to riding on top of snow, lots of fun. Thurs. night will be a good time, hope to see you there.

    Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

  7. #7
    Candlestick Maker
    Reputation: baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO View Post
    Weathers not bad now, need to wait for tomorrow and see how much accumulates, at this point I am doubtful this will affect any of our plans for Thurs.

    As for the OP, I was at Pro Cycling, they have a map of some of the trails, lots more in other areas in monument and palmer lake. This time of year is a little tougher on the North end of town, you get used to riding on top of snow, lots of fun. Thurs. night will be a good time, hope to see you there.

    I live right next to the Monument Preserve (which is essentially the starting point for most riding in Monument). We had about 5" of snow last night. I went out for a hike in the Preserve this afternoon and the snow had significantly melted/sublimated. An adventurous soul could have a good time in the Preserve. I'd expect that the higher country (Mule Trail, Limbaugh, etc) are nearing expedition/suffering status, but haven't been out to get first-hand info.
    baker

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skiahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,534
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO View Post
    Weathers not bad now, need to wait for tomorrow and see how much accumulates, at this point I am doubtful this will affect any of our plans for Thurs.

    As for the OP, I was at Pro Cycling, they have a map of some of the trails, lots more in other areas in monument and palmer lake. This time of year is a little tougher on the North end of town, you get used to riding on top of snow, lots of fun. Thurs. night will be a good time, hope to see you there.
    I think it's Thursday's storm that'll potentially have some impact for a Thursday ride. The weather forecast just said up to 10" in Monument/Palmer Divide for tomorrow night and Thursday with temps starting in the teens on Thursday and going down from there.

    Enjoy!
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

  9. #9
    Inflexable...
    Reputation: kchri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    ... I'd expect that the higher country (Mule Trail, Limbaugh, etc) are nearing expedition/suffering status, but haven't been out to get first-hand info.

    I was on Mule 2 days ago and there is no riding to be had up there right now...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HUSKERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    130
    I'm thinking of riding on Monday morning but now I'm wondering if i should leave my bike at home. I'm leaving for Colorado in the morning.

  11. #11
    Candlestick Maker
    Reputation: baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by HUSKERS View Post
    I'm thinking of riding on Monday morning but now I'm wondering if i should leave my bike at home. I'm leaving for Colorado in the morning.
    I like riding in the snow, but there is a boatload right now. It is supposed to warm up a bit over the next couple days, but there will still be a decent amount left. I'm guessing the snow will be too deep, too annoying (from refrozen footprints), or it'll be muddy.

    If you go early enough on Monday morning, it'll still be frozen, but maybe not all that enjoyable (with all the foot traffic from the weekend).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Monument trails-buriedtracer.jpg  

    baker

Similar Threads

  1. Monument?
    By kjbike in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 06:28 AM
  2. New to Monument CO
    By luckypenguin in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 06:22 PM
  3. Mt. Herman / Monument Area Trails
    By Pulldagoalie in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 10:51 PM
  4. monument?
    By rustus in forum Custom Builders & Other Manufacturers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 02:39 PM
  5. Trails in Castle Rock or Monument Area
    By rweddy1 in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 07:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •