I think I can.

Monument Preserve Trail Work

For those who can, tomorrow Tuesday the 8th of June at 6pm is the monthly meeting of Friends of Monument Preserve. If you ride the area you will have noticed all the scrub oak and choke cherry is growing in strong and fast, this is a great time of year to get out an hike with a friend and a tool, unless your friend is a tool

For more info refer to the link below, hope to see you tomorrow.
    http://fomp.org/membership/

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks Joe. Email should go out to those on the list as well.

Tools provided. Wear gloves and work clothes. Depending on the turnout we'll be working on:
    - Major drain cleaning. We'd pair up, and cover a pile of the preserve cleaning drains out and fixing those put in correctly (i.e. not imba spec).
    - Fixing any specific issues that present workers want to cover (i.e. fix your favorite trail).
    - Seedling release. Using loppers and clearing the freakin scrub oak from around some of the smaller pine seedlings. This is in the burn area to help it recover.
    - Cutting some oak back off the trails for visibility. But, this also means preventing corners from being cut and trails from being widended by half-burying rocks to direct traffic on the trail vs allowing shortcuts through the apex. The Keep Single Track Single aproach.

mtbr member
    planned on being there tonight, but just came down with the flu...

Members who have read this thread: 0