Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!

Mmmmm....vaporware.

Just for you Kirk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Now with more vitriol!

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    444g per pair... 10 full grams lighter than a set of Time Aliums. And more grip than a... thing which is super grippy
    Now with more vitriol!

Slopestyle Rider
    Dude those things need to come stock with shin pads...

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    Dude those things need to come stock with shin pads...
    Yeah - something about them reminds me of the old Hutch Bear Traps. This pair is going for $1200 - should've held onto all my BMX schtuff:
    Now with more vitriol!

Perpetually single track
    Purdy, very purdy...but do they come ATAC compatible?

Nice touch with the f88 in the background.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Purdy, very purdy...but do they come ATAC compatible?
    Of course they're Atac compatible, what do you think the screws are for? They're considerably lower profile than the Sunlines I've been running too.
    Now with more vitriol!

Perpetually single track
    Soo...please splain to me the use of "replaceable" set screws for the grippy bit. By the time you have worn them down enough to be worthy of replacing they are all bent to hell, and a PITA to get out..

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    444g per pair... 10 full grams lighter than a set of Time Aliums. And more grip than a... thing which is super grippy
    The pair we weighed yesterday was 418 grams but I don't know just how trustworthy the scale is. They're going to be awesome DH race pedals!
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Soo...please splain to me the use of "replaceable" set screws for the grippy bit. By the time you have worn them down enough to be worthy of replacing they are all bent to hell, and a PITA to get out..
    Meh... I've run both styles and honestly I've not had greater difficulty removing one type over the other. I figure at least this way I'm not pulling munched pins through my threads to extract them. I also think, given the "nothing other than what is necessary" design, that running the other style pins would result in a pedal that is more fragile with minimal benefit.
    Now with more vitriol!

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    The pair we weighed yesterday was 418 grams but I don't know just how trustworthy the scale is. They're going to be awesome DH race pedals!
    I got a pretty nice drill at my house. I bet I could get those suckers down to 250grams with no problem.

Perpetually single track
    Meh... I've run both styles and honestly I've not had greater difficulty removing one type over the other. I figure at least this way I'm not pulling munched pins through my threads to extract them.
    Shows how little I know...didn't know there was "another" style. I assumed the other option was to just have the grippy bits integrated. I figure I'd break the pedal before I wore down the grippy bits. *shrug*

Perpetually single track
    BTW, I expect my normal 0.003% fee for keeping this thread at the top.
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

Hairshirt Rider
    Looks like when they are off the bike they conform nicely to the hand for assisting in the ultimate b!tch slap.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Very very cool. I like the offset of the pins that gives you a little ball o the foot wiggle room on the 'back' of the pedal.
    How many bearings? Whats de spindle?

Watching videos like a junky lately, so much Sam Hill, I'm thinking I'm gonna try to ride on flats more this season. The D. Camp segment in that video on Litter got me stoked on flats too. That kid is fast and loose!

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    Looks like when they are off the bike they conform nicely to the hand for assisting in the ultimate b!tch slap.
    They also make wicked cool throwing stars and ninja wall climbing claws - did I mention that I fended off an attacking Mt. Lion with the one pictured?
    Last edited by Godzilla; 03-28-2008 at 09:43 AM.
    Now with more vitriol!

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron
    Very very cool. I like the offset of the pins that gives you a little ball o the foot wiggle room on the 'back' of the pedal.
    How many bearings? Whats de spindle?

Watching videos like a junky lately, so much Sam Hill, I'm thinking I'm gonna try to ride on flats more this season. The D. Camp segment in that video on Litter got me stoked on flats too. That kid is fast and loose!
    Yeah - I started running flats last season after riding clipless for 12 years and toe clips for 7 years before that. 5.10s with the right set of pedals is more than sufficient for both XC and DH type stuff. I also like the fact that getting back on my pedals is a non issue if I get a foot out in the rough stuff, and my cornering confidence has improved significantly.

The spindle is Nickel plated 4130 - Dark Cycles is running 1 bearing / 1 bushing (outside / inside) to keep the weight down.
    Now with more vitriol!

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    They also make wicked cool throwing stars and ninja wall climbing claws - did I mention that I fended off an attacking Mt. Lion with the one pictured?
    I was able to remove snakes from the trail with mine which resulted in much positive recognition and back slapping from other trail users!
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    I use a pair of vice grips--the offending screw comes right out, even if it's quite worn down. Unfortunately, my experience has been that it's easy for offending rocks to pull innocent screws out in most of the pedals I've owned.

My current pedals (Fire Eyes) use standard 3mm bolts from the hardware store which in theory is nice, but in practice adds a lot of weight, and to Josh's point, if you mangle them, you need to pull the mangled part out through the threads.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Those are beautiful... and scary.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    Those are beautiful... and scary.
    Yeah - they're so much nicer than I expected that I'll almost feel guilty getting them dirty, the pictures don't even do them justice.
    Now with more vitriol!

eci
    i wish i had the extra cash right now to pick a pair of those up. so nice, so light and so asking to give me stitches.

Living the High Life
    Those do look bad a$$, but it looks like more than a pin may rip off on some rocks. What is the cost on those buggers?

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Those do look bad a$$, but it looks like more than a pin may rip off on some rocks. What is the cost on those buggers?
    They're certainly not pedals you want to bash around on, but I believe that they'll be perfect for their intended purpose - racing. They're quite light for a platform - 418 grams according to Don's scale, compared with Straightlines @ 518 grams, Atomlab's Trailpimp @ 550 grams or my Sunlines @ 580 grams. They're priced comparably to Dangerboys , Burgtecs or Straightlines @ $140.

To top it off, they're made just across the border in good ol' Canada - by people who say stuff like "aboot".
    Now with more vitriol!

Tactical Wheel Man
    They're certainly not pedals you want to bash around on, but I believe that they'll be perfect for their intended purpose - racing. They're quite light for a platform - 418 grams according to Don's scale, compared with Straightlines @ 518 grams, Atomlab's Trailpimp @ 550 grams or my Sunlines @ 580 grams. They're priced comparably to Dangerboys , Burgtecs or Straightlines @ $140.

To top it off, they're made just across the border in good ol' Canada - by people who say stuff like "aboot".
    "aboot" got me!! LOL!! Those Dark pedals are tits. I'm gonna have to pick a pair up.

..ouch
    Yeah - I started running flats last season after riding clipless for 12 years and toe clips for 7 years before that. 5.10s with the right set of pedals is more than sufficient for both XC and DH type stuff. I also like the fact that getting back on my pedals is a non issue if I get a foot out in the rough stuff, and my cornering confidence has improved significantly.

The spindle is Nickel plated 4130 - Dark Cycles is running 1 bearing / 1 bushing (outside / inside) to keep the weight down.
    Jeebers.. with as grippy as those things look I'd be scared to step on them with my 5.10s. Looks like it would become a permanent shoe/pedal meld.

Those things are sweet.. but they frighten me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast