Thread: Mini Crew

drtmvr
    May 2010

Mini Crew

Hello everybody!

Itís almost time for the first Mini Crew of the season, Thursday, May 20th.

We will be meeting at 5:30pm at the Windy Saddle parking lot on Lookout Mountain Road. Here are a couple of maps:
    http:// snipurl .com/w8xyz (google maps)
    http://co.jefferson.co.us/jeffco/ope...ads/windys.pdf

We will start the season with some light maintenance on an old favorite, Lookout Mountain Trail above Windy Saddle. You will need to dress as you would for a two hour hike, prepared with work gloves, water, and a jacket or rain slick just in case.

If you want to ride up to the location, please do, just bring a lock to secure your bike while we are working.

The mini-crew program is designed as an ďafter-work-couple-of-hoursĒ trail session. Our events fall on the 3rd Thursday of each month, from May until September.

We focus on specific tasks assigned by JCOS that support the trail maintenance activities for the JCOS work crews and staff. Our events provide mtbers an opportunity to actively participate in the support and maintenance of the trail systems, as well as a chance to spread good will to all trail users we encounter.

2010 Mini Crew Calendar

Thursday May 20 Lookout Mountain Trail above Windy Saddle
    Thursday June 17
    Thursday July 15
    Thursday August 19
    Thursday September 16

If you have any questions or need more information, send an email to minicrew.org@gmail.com or call Fred Berry at 720-840-8596.

We are looking forward to kicking off the new season with an earth shattering ka-boom!

The plans for this season include visits to other great Jeffco Trails such as Apex, Lair O The Bear and others so watch for our announcements.

glittergirl

conditions

Did they get the "blow-down" like last year?

Just want to know if we'll be competing in the "Scottish Log Toss" again.

drtmvr
    May 2010

No Log Toss

Sorry, there has not been much blowdown so the Scottish Log Toss will not be part of Mini Crew this Thursday. We do have other fun in store. In addition to light maintenance, we may have time for a little rock work to armor a section of trail.

mtbr member
    Log tossing or not, I'm sure it'll be fun, and I'll be there!

drtmvr
    May 2010

First minicrew of the season

Glad you can make it. The weather looks great for trail work.

glittergirl
    But he has to be there... he's a crew leader!

Thread Terrorist
    I'd help, but I'm in a cast. Even if I was all healed up, cheating my bike park mistress wouldn't be wise. Thanks for you help! I think I speak for a lot of us riders by saying "Thank you". Keeping this level of commitment is important when Jeffco threatens our trail access. Keep up the great work!

IE
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

Stand back
    Wonder if any trail work is planned for W Ranch - it's sorely in need, thanks to the equestrian traffic...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!