Cycling, FTW!!

Bonking ... not feelin' well Mike Janelle has passed away

I wish I could tell you this is just a joke, but its not.

Velonews has posted an article here.

My heart goes out to his family and close friends.

RIP Mike, you will never be forgotten.
    "When you pay $340 to do a 24 hour race you'll only have enough money to eat mustard sandwiches the rest of the year." -TD

ride
    This is truly a loss for the Colorado (and national) mountain bike scene. He was a great guy and a great racer. I'm at a loss for any other words
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

i can't type the letter s
    Wow, what a shock. I'm in Calfornia, but you guys in Vail and vicinity should reach out to his family and see if there's anything you can do to help. His wife is 6 months pregnant. My prayers go out to them.

Thread Terrorist
    That's not cool. 40 and a heart attack? I wonder what triggered it? Seriously, Mike is in phenominal shape.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sad story and only 40 years old. I have to think he had some sort of a heart condition that was never diagnosed and/or had no symptoms. Man, that is horrible for his wife. I hope she has a lot of family in Avon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

When it's your time

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Sad story and only 40 years old. I have to think he had some sort of a heart condition that was never diagnosed and/or had no symptoms. Man, that is horrible for his wife. I hope she has a lot of family in Avon.
    there's nothing you can do about it. Death is hardest on the living. Any friend of this fine person, I know, will be reaching out to his family.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Memorial service for Mike Janelle will be at 5 p.m. Monday at the Vilar Center at Beaver Creek. In lieu of flowers, donations should be made to the Mike Janelle Memorial Fund, c/o 1st Bank of Avon, PO Box 5270, Avon, CO 81620. Donations may also be dropped off at 1st Bank in Avon or Bobís Place in Avon. For more information, call Kelli Anthony Rohrig at 390-9145.
    THERE WILL BE A GATHERING (PARTY) FOR ALL THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO CELEBRATE MIKE'S WONDERFUL LIFE AT THE BOB'S PLACE IN AVON IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE SERVICE

http://mikejanelle.blogspot.com/

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Didn't know him personally, but I was 100% aware of him and his accomplishments. I have also raced against him many many times. As someone who competes in the same events he does.....it puts a lump in my throat. It's hard to think this could happen to someone of this fitness level. Very, very scary and sad.
    Last edited by KERKOVEJ; 11-24-2007 at 05:17 PM.

I'm a unitard!
    Good guy. He'll be missed. Rest In Peace.