ride

Memorial Day riding, parties, etc Lyons

I've been fielding a lot of phone calls for this so I figured it's about time I put something up on mtbr. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of Memorial Day weekend this year (5/28-30) we'll be doing our 10th Annual Lyons Fat Tire Fest.

Here's the Schedule:
    Friday 5/28 movie night. We're showing Race Across the Sky in the OB brewerey in downtown Lyons. It's $5 head with all fundage going to Lyons Parks and Rec for the Lyons Bike Park. I'm still working out the details of beer subsidation so bring money for beer

Saturday, 5/29 3 group rides. Rides leave from the bike shop at 138 Main in Lyons. Meetup time is 7:30am on Sat. I know it's early, but we'll need to work out driving details and these are all long rides. One ride will be a point to point so shuttle logistics will have to be worked out as well.

Rather than trying to be something for everyone (which was fun), we're focusing on our core audience. For this years fest, we're doing 3 rides ranging from moderately difficult to long and hard, to downright masochistic. Also, as a way to thank BMA for all they have done for us, this year, we're asking for a $20 donation per rider. 100% of that will go to BMA.

Since most folks are unfamiliar with the terrain up here, our group rides tend to be ridden as a group, more like a fast paced tour than anything else. A lot of opportunities exist where you could get hurt or lost riding solo. Backcountry smarts are definitely recommended for coming out. On our big, big ride, my goal is to have at least one person cursing me. That hasn't happened for the last few years, so I'm really stepping it up for this one. The point to point ride is pretty chill but will still be around 3 or 4 hours and will involve some crazy technical singletrack. Average finish time on the 'medium' ride is still a solid 6+ hours. The longest ride will probably be 7-8 hours long and will involve a couple of real character building hike a bikes.

Sunday is a new one for us. Sundays have usually been pretty chill mostly due to Saturdays post ride activities. This year, we'll be having bike polo and general play time at the Lyons Bike Park, both in Bohn Park. We'll get that started around 11.

We also tend to shoot from the hip a lot so be prepared for that. This isn't a big budget, big staff event. It's just me and some friends that want to have a good time riding so we're doing a handful of rides and throwing a couple of parties. It'll be a pretty laid back good time.

lyonsfattirefest.blogspot.com

Hope to see some of you out. We'll go get lost and have some fun
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

friend of Apex
    Interested

Will there be a drunk guy passed out next to the bonfire to takes pix with this year?

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    Interested

Will there be a drunk guy passed out next to the bonfire to takes pix with this year?

I gotta check with my wife but I've played that role before.

Rolling
    Interested

I will be arriving back in town on Saturday, I might be able to help with that on Sunday....whether it's needed--or wanted-- or not.

ride
    Interested

like this? heh heh
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO