The Notorious S.L.O

Maxwell Falls, Evergreen

Anyone else ever ride this trail? From the lower lot, the climb is a pretty good one, tech with rocks and roots to spare.
    It is open to mtb, but in 7 years, I have never seen another bike on the trail, other than those that were part of my group.
    It is pretty short, but nice ride when short on time.
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."

friend of Apex
    Hiked there with the dogs a few times, but its been a while.

Never by bike.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    Hiked there with the dogs a few times, but its been a while.

Never by bike.
    Same, only with the dogs and kids
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member

fun ride

Maxwell Falls is biking distance from my house. Usually once a year or so when I'm not in the mood to put the bike in the car. Not a bad destination ride either, but it's short. There are some trail off-shoots to add a little variety. A little more scenic by the upper parking lot (although the "falls" are more like cascades) and some good rocky challenges toward the lower lot. As you said though, rarely do I see other bikes there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Rode it the other day with the dogs and had a good time. It was nice to ride a trail that wasn't toooooo over crowded.

Armchair Sasquatcheror

Maxwell

I lot of people actually shuttle this. I ride it as an out and back, hitting the cliff loop on the way down. there is some sick natural freeride terrain off of the cliff loop. Go and explore - the downhill back to the car is fantastic.

Afterwards, stop in the Brook Forest Inn for a beer and tour of the rooms. This is one of America's most haunted places, er something. If you check out the place at night, you can see why. Maxwell is also great for xc skiing.

mtbr member
    I am moving in just down the road from Maxwell Falls next week so I look forward to riding up there from the house and checking it out. After I get moved in I hope to hook up with some locals and get to know the trails around Evergreen and beyond. I think I will be able to ride to Alderfer from home also. That is after I get used to the altitude.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rungmonkey
    I am moving in just down the road from Maxwell Falls next week so I look forward to riding up there from the house and checking it out. After I get moved in I hope to hook up with some locals and get to know the trails around Evergreen and beyond. I think I will be able to ride to Alderfer from home also. That is after I get used to the altitude.
    The altitude can be a killer, I've been in the front range for about a year now and just getting used to 5500 ft. Went out to Breck last week and it killed me...

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Alderfer

Quote Originally Posted by rungmonkey

Yup that will be no problem from your house. It's so nice to just ride from the garage and do 25 - 45 miles of joy. The road-biking is second to none also....if your into that sorta thing...

I just rode by Maxwell on the roadie on Saturday and thought I really need to come back on the Yeti and check it out.
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.