web
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Maverick ML-7 Stolen

I could use everybody's help. My 2007 Large Black ML7 was stolen mid day today (Sunday) out of my garage in North Boulder. I only discovered it when I headed out to go for a ride. I am pretty sure it was stolen right around noon, give or take.

I don't know the name on the headbadge but will post that Monday when I get it from the Maverick folks. In spite of that, there is one thing that is a dead give away that it is my bike. For the last month I've had a Powertap mountain bike hub. This was a pre production model of which 4 or 5 are in existence, or so I am told. This hub differed from the production hub in that it was all black, unlike the production model on the website with the polished aluminum and carbon "windows."

Other details on the bike itself:
    Shimano XT (crank, from derailler)
    SRAM (XO shifters, rear derailluer)
    Avid Juicy breaks
    SC32 Maverick fork
    FSA XC 280 bar, stem and seatpost
    Continental front tire
    Rear wheel rim had no markings save for Wheelbuilder.com decals
    WTB saddle (not sure which model, but it was stock, I think a version of the Rocket)
    Crank Brothers candy pedals

Last there was a powertap mount on the stem as well as a Polar mount on the bar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old, stale, negative
    Make sure and report it. I got three bikes back worth over ten grand because the dummy tried to pawn em' at the same spot and the fuzz got em'. Bummer for sure, good luck.

web
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thanks, yeah I was able to get a police officer to stop by really quick to file a report. He was really understanding and was proactive in looking for it. I suspect whoever took it walked in and then rode off with the bike. I say that as there were many, many other things that could have been taken without much extra effort.

The Notorious S.L.O

That truly sucks....

the Ml-7 is a killer bike, I would be devastated if I lost my NRS, which no where near the cost of that Maverick.

Insurance coverage?
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by btadlock
    I would be devastated if I lost my NRS,
    I keep hoping someone will hoark my NRS.

Insurance coverage?
    Precisely.

web
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've talked to my insurance agent and yes it should be covered. We'll see how that goes.

do-a-wheelie
    Ouch. Losing a Maverick is losing a best friend. Karma will come to the thief.

On the plus side the new Durance's are pretty sweet.

The Notorious S.L.O
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    ouch, feel the love....

Don't you have the extended rockers on your NRS? how about letting me switch out my stock ones before someone fulfills your hopes?
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.

The Notorious S.L.O
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    ouch, feel the love....

Don't you have the extended rockers on your NRS? how about letting me switch out my stock ones before someone fulfills your hopes?
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by btadlock
    ouch, feel the love....

I do have the longer rockers. But, alas, I will need to continue riding the NRS until:

1) It gets stolen
    2) I run it into the garage
    3) I become fabulously wealthy and get a new bike

mtbr member
    I feel your pain.. I just had a valued bike stolen a few weeks ago.

giddy up
    Keep your eyes out on ebay and craigslist (as I'm sure you already know this). Big bummer. And I do believe in Karma. Too bad mountainbiking is as dangerous as kayaking because its extremely rare for boats to get stolen. Whether you believe in karma or not, it would always be on the back of your mind that you will die paddling a stolen boat. However, you can still get pretty effed up on the bike. Hopefully insurance will take care of you.

good luck and will keep the eyes open.
    Rub n Tiz'zug

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Proximity

Hey there,

I had my Heckler stolen and recovered a couple years ago. Check the story at www.trailcentral.com click on community discussion and then Things that go bump in the night.

Anyway, yours, like mine was a crime of opportunity. These guys usually live within a mile of where they steal things. my guy lived a little over three quarters of a mile from my place. Your guy probably lives closer if he were walking. Most folks don't walk more than a quarter mile away from their homes on strolls through the neighborhood. Email all the shops in Boulder, Longmont, Golden and Lyons.

Ryan

WWJR

well, not exactly, but sure would help!!

I heart the drops
    The people who stole my buddies STP where sentenced last week for 30days in jail

Keep your eyes on ebay thats where I found his then we took the # and gave it to police
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

web
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Photo

Not the best shot in the world, but there is the bike. The bar and stem in the photo were not what was on the bike. As I previously noted I had an FSA bar and stem, not the Ritchey parts pictured here. Also, this photo (from last summer in Winter Park) does not have the power tap rear wheel. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

web
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Bike found

Thanks to all that read the post and offered encouragement. Yesterday, a week after it was stolen, the bike was found not far from my house ditched in some brush. Fortunately the bike was in good shape aside from being left outside for some period of time. Either through this site or through a friends blog the guys at U bikes recognized the bike. From there the sheriff was able to track me down. So good story in the end, only wish they had caught the punk who took it.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    HELL YEAH!!! Sorry it was outside for days, but better that than lost forever. Glad you got it back, web. Now get out there and ride it like it was stolen from you!