Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    My leg feels funny
    Reputation: liqwid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,073

    Matthews Winters 'bike only' trail

    For some reason I stopped and read the sign before riding up to the lot today and noticed that they're going to designate the side of the village walk trail that runs adjacent to the highway for a little while as 'bike only' and shut down the other side of the trail for ped's only. I always preferred to come down the side that will be 'bike only' so woot! I'm surprised they picked that side though because it always gets muddy at the bottom. They did say they'll be building a new bridge for it.

  2. #2
    ridin dirtay
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,602
    I'd prefer the other side with the fun little hits. But thats prolly why they are takin it away
    No need for a bridge, makes for a great cool down.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kosayno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    956
    Was there Tuesday, looks like the bridge is almost done and its only about 100 ft from the other one.

  4. #4
    My leg feels funny
    Reputation: liqwid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    No need for a bridge, makes for a great cool down.
    LOL I hear that but I always feel bad that its tearing the place up. Either that spot has some serious volunteer hours or its self-healing.

  5. #5
    ridin dirtay
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by liqwid
    LOL I hear that but I always feel bad that its tearing the place up. Either that spot has some serious volunteer hours or its self-healing.
    Dippin in the stream does not require damaging the trail.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  6. #6
    My leg feels funny
    Reputation: liqwid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    Dippin in the stream does not require damaging the trail.
    Ah, I'm talking about that spot that turns to mud soup every spring. I just avoid that side all together until July.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kosayno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by liqwid
    Ah, I'm talking about that spot that turns to mud soup every spring. I just avoid that side all together until July.
    The mud soup is a non-issue after the new bridge.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sooner518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,557
    that sucks. That last section with those jumps is so much fun at the end of a ride. Make the stupid peds take the village walk trail. Hell, its called Village Walk.

  9. #9
    Thread Terrorist
    Reputation: IndecentExposure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,837
    I like the tighter singletrack on Village Walk. The exact reasons they're re-routing it is because of Sooner518's comments.
    Golden Bike Park Group

    Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sooner518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    I like the tighter singletrack on Village Walk. The exact reasons they're re-routing it is because of Sooner518's comments.
    yea youre right, we really should just walk our bikes down that section. its just too fast!

    regardless, Im not sure how much longer I will be riding Matthew Winters. Today was the most unbelievably busy day there I have ever seen. I couldn't get more than 30 seconds at a time of downhill before running into a hiking family or another biking, whereupon I would stop and wait for them to come up. I guess I'll start going elsewhere.

  11. #11
    formerly shabadu
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    881
    ^^^^^^ Really? It was crowded at noon on a 65deg Saturday in March? Crazy.

    I think the bike only on Village is cool. The 2 sets of S turns on the trail are good times, as are the little bump jump set ups. It'll be fun not to have to worry about hikers.

  12. #12
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,254
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner518

    regardless, Im not sure how much longer I will be riding Matthew Winters. Today was the most unbelievably busy day there I have ever seen. I couldn't get more than 30 seconds at a time of downhill before running into a hiking family or another biking, whereupon I would stop and wait for them to come up. I guess I'll start going elsewhere.
    OMG! Matthew Winters was busy on a really sunny, warm Saturday in March?!? You have gotta be kidding...

  13. #13
    ridin dirtay
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    OMG! Matthew Winters was busy on a really sunny, warm Saturday in March?!? You have gotta be kidding...
    Maybe they should put in a toll during peak hours.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  14. #14
    skillz to pay billz
    Reputation: nOOby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,556
    hummmm, I only saw like 20-25 peeps wednesday night

  15. #15
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,254
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    hummmm, I only saw like 20-25 peeps wednesday night
    WTF?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •