Light freak

Mathew Winters trail report - 02/28/08

Got out this morning for a ride at Mathew Winters. Met at the trail head at 5:30 am. Wind just started to pick up about a mile from the trail. The trail from the parking lot to the ravine was not very snow covered, but nice and solid at this time of day. Looks like it will be a mess for a couple of more days. Swithcbacks up to the plateau, alot of hike-a-bike. Snow covered, icy, off camber. Top of plateau and down the slide is in good condition. Trail back to the parking lot is a litttle bit of everything - clear in spots, snow covered in spots, icy in spots, and dry in spots. Still put a grin on my face as I was driving in to work!

Anybody know what the construction going on is? Looks like maybe more parking.

mtbr member
    thanks for the report. I was thinking of hitting it tomorrow. but i may hit green instead.

The Dog.
    FYI...Zorro was a deathtrap yesterday morning. Probably dried out by now, but it appeared totally dry at the time. It was actually thick clay so sticky that I rubbed paint off of my fork in 100 yards. Then I tried to turn around and head back up GM, but the clay just kept picking up all the little rocks on the doubletrack.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Anyone ride Dakota Ridge? Do you know if that is clean? I was thinking about riding it on Saturday.

The Dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck Your Meat
    Anyone ride Dakota Ridge? Do you know if that is clean? I was thinking about riding it on Saturday.
    When I rode it last Sunday, the uphill sections that faced north still had some snow and ice, but it was largely rideable then. With these temps we are seeing now, I'd say it is probably even better.