will hike for trail
    Apr 2006

make your voice heard!

coming soon to boulder.

http://boulderindoorcycling.com/

rays mtb park + velodrome! could be a really cool place.

Thread Terrorist
    cool, boulder will finally get some mountain bike trails!

Shattering Glass
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    cool, boulder will finally get some mountain bike trails!
    And it will only cost $50 an hour and have free leg shaving service

Slopestyle Rider
    I smell failure unless they make it just like rays with a bunch of jumps and stuff for the newschool freeriders to hit. I mean seriously, who would only want fake indoor XC trails?

mtbr member
    I saw this thread on here a few weeks back, I wanted to wait until our web site was live to reply. I'd like to thank you all for any comments about our facility, and for taking the time to participate in our online survey if you care to. This survey will affect how we organise our opening structure and we will always be open to input from all.

Thank you for any and all input. Please visit www.boulderindoorcycling.com

!Vamos, flaco!
    One of my favorite parts about riding bikes is that I'm outside.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

!Vamos, flaco!
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    I mean seriously, who would only want fake indoor XC trails?
    . . . especially on the Front Range where winters are pretty mellow.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    I think that I should shed some light on what we are attempting to do with this facility. Our goal is to provide a place for all types of cyclists to come together and enjoy riding. We will offer instruction and coaching for all levels, Cycle Tykes for ages 2-7, then all juniors up to High school. There will be 3 zones for mountain biking, beginner intermediate and advanced,covering 18,000 square feet. Ray from Ray's MTB Park has been helping us with the designs, and we will be working with a local designer for the riding features. The velodrome, designed by Apollo Velodrome Systems, will feature adult racing leagues from 6-11PM, and many opportunities to learn about riding and racing on a velodrome. We will also have a 3000 square foot cafe and lounge that will facilitate the social aspect of cycling, and let non riders, parents or whom ever to view the entire facility from above.

To address some of the earlier comments, a drop in fee will only be avout $5 per day, we will offer a leg shaving sevice provided by and entirely male crew, phase two will include a very large outdoor jump park with various line choices, a pump track and there is talk of a foam pit, and while winters are really mild here on the front range some folks just are not equiped to ride outside all year round. Also who dose not want to ride outside, but what if it's summer you and your spouse work, what would your kids rather do, swelter outside at some other camp or come to an air conditioned riding play ground?

Anyway thank you all for your input, I know everyone may not belive me but it really will impact what we do at this center.

Thank you all!
    Paul
    paul@boulderindoorcycling.com