STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010

Mag 7 moab 3/16/12

Headed out to Moab for the half marathon and want to ride the magnificent 7 trail. Did some searching on here for the route. My question is where exactly, and can I take Gemini bridges road back to the main parking lot off 191? Is it pretty well marked? Im sure it is.Going to shuttle it from top of bull canyon.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by Waafoo View Post
    Headed out to Moab for the half marathon and want to ride the magnificent 7 trail. Did some searching on here for the route. My question is where exactly, and can I take Gemini bridges road back to the main parking lot off 191? Is it pretty well marked? Im sure it is.Going to shuttle it from top of bull canyon.
    You basically get dumped out at the intersection of Gold Bar Rim and Gemini Bridges road. If you don't go uphill, you'll be on Gemini Bridges. Follow that out; you'll have to climb out eventually (after a few miles); your general direction is toward the exit of the canyon.

Hope this helps.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    You may already have this, but if not this site has a pretty good map of the ride Trail Mix. There are 2 maps actually, one focuses on the area in question.

Anyone know anything about "The Great Escape" trail on this map http://www.grandcountyutah.net/trail...7-Phase-1.pdf?

mtbr member
    I'm also out there on March 16thg for the half marathon.(My wife is doing it) Did Mag 7 last year, very well marked. Did the entire thing and it was super fun. Golden Spike is sort of suck though. Was thinking about doing it again, but might try some other stuff. Thinking about Flat Pass, Pipe Dream and Amasa, Rock Stacker.

Erik

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

The Great Escape Trail

For anyone interested, I got the following info from the Utah forum:

"Great Escape is a new section, you skip all of Arth's and part of Little Canyon to ride it. It is relatively new, so the dirt is still a bit loose, but the routing is generally very good and in character with the rest of Mag 7. It is a nice way to mix things up if you ride this trail frequently. I really like some of the sandstone sections, in particular."

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I got in trouble for saying this once.. but I was thoroughly underwhelmed with pipe dream... short, well built but rather boring...

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99 View Post
    I'm also out there on March 16thg for the half marathon.(My wife is doing it) Did Mag 7 last year, very well marked. Did the entire thing and it was super fun. Golden Spike is sort of suck though. Was thinking about doing it again, but might try some other stuff. Thinking about Flat Pass, Pipe Dream and Amasa, Rock Stacker.

Erik
    Haha, so is my wife! We should get hooked up out there! I can show you Amasaback to rock stacker (SICK trail) and you show me Mag 7!!??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waafoo View Post
    Haha, so is my wife! We should get hooked up out there! I can show you Amasaback to rock stacker (SICK trail) and you show me Mag 7!!??
    I'm there on Thursday thru Monday. Thursday night I'm thinking pipe dream. Saturday is my long day. Maybe Mag 7. If I did Mag seven again I would go to the portal. I would turn around at the top of Gold bar and do it backwards. In all the times I have been to Moab. I have never done Amasa.

Erik

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie7 View Post
    I got in trouble for saying this once.. but I was thoroughly underwhelmed with pipe dream... short, well built but rather boring...
    Ya, you should be put in a corner because it's nowhere near mag-7. ,,,However, I too was disappointed in that "pipe dream" over near McDonalds. But wow, the bike shops sure hype it up.

For a general post not for Josie7,

BTW, for the record, in case you didn't know, Magnificent seven is Bull Run-Arth's Corner,-Little Canyon-Gold Bar Single Track-Gold Bar-Golden spike-Portal(- or Poison Spider).

If the original Gold bar singletrack was open and included in the new gold bar single track, I think it would be the Super Awesome Five!...and if some local's trails, which this originated from was open, it would be the mind blowing five.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman View Post
    Ya, you should be put in a corner because it's nowhere near mag-7. ,,,However, I too was disappointed in that "pipe dream" over near McDonalds. But wow, the bike shops sure hype it up.

For a general post not for Josie7,

BTW, for the record, in case you didn't know, Magnificent seven is Bull Run-Arth's Corner,-Little Canyon-Gold Bar Single Track-Gold Bar-Golden spike-Portal(- or Poison Spider).

If the original Gold bar singletrack was open and included in the new gold bar single track, I think it would be the Super Awesome Five!...and if some local's trails, which this originated from was open, it would be the mind blowing five.
    I wasn't off topic totally, someone said they wanted to check it out in this thread, I just wanted to let them know not to waste a day on it.. maybe a good trail if you roll into town late or don't have much time..

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Erik

See, I wrote it for Erik..

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    I'm there on Thursday thru Monday. Thursday night I'm thinking pipe dream. Saturday is my long day. Maybe Mag 7. If I did Mag seven again I would go to the portal. I would turn around at the top of Gold bar and do it backwards. In all the times I have been to Moab. I have never done Amasa.

Erik
    I did portal from the poison spider side, its Ok, very exposed, there is better but I would do it again. I'm thinkin about leaving my hard tail 29er at home this time and just riding my big bike so I may not be doing any real long rides but who knows, its Moab and I am stoked!! I just need to hang with the kids during the run and Im good to go after that, Amasa to rock stacker is really cool, that's the reason I'm bringing the SX Trail this time. Shoot me a PM if you want to swap numbers and meet up out there, company is always good!

mtbr member
    Hell yeah I want to meet up. I also leave the 29er home and bring the 26" with flat pedals. It is always better to ride with a buddy. I get in on Thursday, what day you thinking for the long ride. I need to also hang with kids on Saturday morning but I'm thinking Saturday afternoon.

Erik

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    Hell yeah I want to meet up. I also leave the 29er home and bring the 26" with flat pedals. It is always better to ride with a buddy. I get in on Thursday, what day you thinking for the long ride. I need to also hang with kids on Saturday morning but I'm thinking Saturday afternoon.

Erik
    Crazy! Sounds like we have the exact same schedules and riding idea! I get in on Thursday too (late), thinking Friday for the long ride, and defiantly Saturday after the run. That would be a good day to do Rockstacker or Porc or anything, its Moab! I will PM u tonight

mtbr member
    Moab was great. Did pipe dream at night. Super fun.

Amasa, rock stacker, Jackson was one of the best trails I have ever ridden. I will admit I walked a bunch of sections but had a blast.

Woke up super early with the wife and watched the sunrise on Slickrock. We really do live close to paradise.

Erik

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    Good times indeed!! Looks like there is a new section called the great escape on Mag 7 after Bull run, it was a fun trail. I thought pipe dream was cool as well, not an epic but defiantly worth a try!

mtbr member
    Thanks Brant for the company. I had a blast.