Lust for Life

Lyons Dirt Jumps Open for Bidness

Hey all, i just wanted to let folks know that the Bohn Park Dirt Jumps built in preperation for the Lyons Outdoor Games are open for riding. There are 3 lines so far & they will offer jumps for different abilities. We have had some people riding them since last Saturday, so if huckin is your thing come & check them out.

I tried to post some pictures but apparently this interweb thing is a bit beyond me, here are some links.

HERE

HERE

HERE

Cheers,

CM

skillz to pay billz

mtbr member

Good job! looks like fun

sadly, all of those little kids would laugh at me.

[SIZE="1"](can i sneak in at night when nobody is looking?)[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Not my cup of tea but cool none the less. Lyons, if they put some thought into it, could become somewhat of a destination for riding...
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Outcast
    nevermind

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Is there a somewhat "easy" line there or are these super star DJs?

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

Lust for Life
    Only a few people have hit the super small C Line but they are ready to be ridden. The B line has been hit a bunch, doable for most people. Obviously the big ones are BIG, but nearly anyone can find a line they can hit...i think.

Shread Ready
    Nice kickers! I used to hit jumps a lot but have been pretty sketched recently after biting it hard a few times! DOH

Thread Terrorist
    I need easy jumps

mtbr member

Lory MTB Spring KickOff May 31st

Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    I need easy jumps
    Come out to LORY STATE PARK May 31st for the Spring Kickoff. It will be a fun atmosphere with jumps for all abilities. Several bike companies and business will be out with bike demos! Also there are some organized fun rides for the XC set as well.

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by JRA925
    Come out to LORY STATE PARK May 31st for the Spring Kickoff. It will be a fun atmosphere with jumps for all abilities. Several bike companies and business will be out with bike demos! Also there are some organized fun rides for the XC set as well.
    Lory St. Park is awesome - wish we had something like that in Jeffco. Only request would be that the bigger-medium dj line was a little bigger, but the pump track rocks...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

ride
    If any of you Boulder/Denver folk don't want to truck it all the way up north, the Lyons Outdoor Games dj competition is also Sat 5/31. Lots of cool things going on out there - the comp starts at 4:30 but some badass riders will be sessioning all day.

Hey, if you come up for that, I'm having a little "welcome to the new bike shop" saurez that day. Prime rib, chicken, hot dogs, beverages, etc. Come check the dj comp and swing by to say hey.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

bbc
    Bueno!
    If any of you Boulder/Denver folk don't want to truck it all the way up north, the Lyons Outdoor Games dj competition is also Sat 5/31. Lots of cool things going on out there - the comp starts at 4:30 but some badass riders will be sessioning all day.

Hey, if you come up for that, I'm having a little "welcome to the new bike shop" saurez that day. Prime rib, chicken, hot dogs, beverages, etc. Come check the dj comp and swing by to say hey.
    Werd. It's going to be a great day in Lyons!

Lust for Life
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Lory St. Park is awesome - wish we had something like that in Jeffco. Only request would be that the bigger-medium dj line was a little bigger, but the pump track rocks...
    Well, i think we certainly have enough big lines & I think the medium line is pretty solid. We/Lyons has more dirt & a pump track is in the works, but because the Lyons Outdoor Games are the 30th to the 1st we had to focus on the bigger stuff first. We do have 3 real lines & then another line that is more of a kids line. You can see them HERE, this was from the first weekend of work & before they had been ridden at all but you can see the multiple sizes available.

Shread Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by bbc
    Werd. It's going to be a great day in Lyons!
    Man, this sucks! I'm working this Saturday.

bbc
    Bueno!
    If anyone wants to register for the LOG DJ comp go here

Shread Ready
    If anyone wants to register for the LOG DJ comp go here
    Right on for that link. I'm going to go and try and check these jumps out tomorrow.

bbc
    Bueno!
    We got more dirt for the starting point this weekend. After this rain, it should be packed down pretty darn good. You get a lot more speed for the big line now.

Shread Ready
    We got more dirt for the starting point this weekend. After this rain, it should be packed down pretty darn good. You get a lot more speed for the big line now.
    That's cool. I went and checked them out on Sunday before I hit up Hall Ranch. The 2nd line looked pretty good but the big ones would require some serious commitment. I'm still recovering from a wrist injury/crash so I wasn't going to hit them that day. I'll be coming back to hit them when I'm fully recovered. Looked pretty nice and that big launch mound seemed perfect for getting speed. Nice work.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Permanent?

Are these going to be there after the event on saturday or is it just up for the event?

bbc
    Bueno!
    Thanks Thrasher! We are going to convince the Town of Lyons Board that they need to stay.

bbc
    Bueno!

$250.00 Winner Take All!

We have an open comp and the winner will take away $250.00!