mtbmike

The Lyons Connector is No More....

It shall now be referred to as the Picture Rock Trail. Back in the early days of sandstone quarrying, there was quite a business for tabletop sized slabs of stone with imperfections/minerals that gave the effect of it being a picture. There is a quarry about two miles from the Wild Turkey that apparently specialized in this type of stone. The trail will go right through this quarry.

So that's where it came from. I am happy to not call it the nebulous name we've been calling it since 1996.

BCPOS is getting very aggresive about making this trail happen. The Trail staff is doing the best work they've ever done, but productivity is the problem. The remoteness of the work site adds to it. They've been working 4 10 hour days a week, but it takes at least an hour to get in or out of the site, so....

BMA has been talking to BCPOS about how we can help make this trail happen sooner as well. While we are still talking about what to do, it is likely that we'll come up with a program that has the County Staff onsite on a weekend day and a group of less than 20 volunteers will show up to augment the productivity.

How long we work and how many people is still not determined. There is a desire on BMA's part to train more volunteer trail crew leaders. Nothing is set in stone as of yet, but we are working on it.

If you have a group of friends that want to get together to work on this trail project. start talking now. If we have a mild winter, we could have this trail open on National Trails Day in June (my goal). BCPOS has a goal of August to get this 4.5 miles of trail built.

BMA has hired Pete Webber From IMBA Trail Solutions to collaborate with BCPOS on trail alignment and design, and the feedback we've been getting so far has been positive beyond expectations. We are going to love the results.

Let's git er dun!
    mtbmike
    Longmont Colorado

The world is run by those that show up....

Rolling
    My heart stopped for a moment there Mike!

This is exciting.

skillz to pay billz
    dang me too. whewww!

giddy up
    It will always be the connector to me.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by papawheelie
    It will always be the connector to me.
    That was not funny man!

...ok it was....