mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Lyons, Co opportunities??

Hello all,

Hey, I am looking for some help with riding in Lyons, Co. on August 9th, 2008. I am hoping to pull into town mid-morning and would like to put in say 1-3 hours of trail riding around the town. I may be bringing my own bike (Redline MC29er), or I may want to rent for a few hours. Basically I was hoping some locals might want to show a guy some good trails to ride. Just for reference I am not a racer, but I commute daily, and do a group ride or two a week. Also, note that Nebraska trails are buff single track that you can easily ride a full rigid on. So, if major susupension is needed I would need to rent a bike.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

ridin dirtay
    Hall Ranch

Start/finish on the Antelope side, lots of fun on that bike. Do a few loops up top until you had enough. If you are adventurous you could hit the rock garden with the MC, or rent a bike.

Talk to Dave at Redstone in Lyons, he'll steer ya right.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

ride
    Hi Chris, look me up when you get into town. Your Redline will be plenty o' bike for Hall Ranch - it's a bit rougher here than you're used to but you will be fine. Hall is only a 5-10min ride from the shop here. I've got a couple of full squishers, too, if you'd rather.

Where in NE are you coming from Chris?
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

You beat me to it by one minute

Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    Hall Ranch

Start/finish on the Antelope side, lots of fun on that bike. Do a few loops up top until you had enough. If you are adventurous you could hit the rock garden with the MC, or rent a bike.

Talk to Dave at Redstone in Lyons, he'll steer ya right.
    Redstone all the way. If you're anything like the rider from Kansas I encountered on Hall a few weeks ago you'll go 'round and 'round the loop, gazing at the scenery.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    Hi Chris, look me up when you get into town. Your Redline will be plenty o' bike for Hall Ranch - it's a bit rougher here than you're used to but you will be fine. Hall is only a 5-10min ride from the shop here. I've got a couple of full squishers, too, if you'd rather.

Where in NE are you coming from Chris?
    I checked out your website. Looks like my kind of bike shop!! I live in Lincoln. I also checked out your blog and noticed that you know some other bike guys from Lincoln. I usually encounter Wills on a local shop ride. He is good guy and a very strong rider! It is amazing how much miles he puts in on a SS.

The plan so far is to come into Lyons and ride for a few hours, then hit Oscar blues on the way out of town. I have to be back in Denver that evening for a Birthday party.

If I rented a bike, I would only need it for a couple of hours...not a full day. Should I contact you via PM or your website to talk details about bike rental??

Also, if there are any locals that want hang out or guide a lost Nebraskan through the trails that would be cool. It would be myself and one other guy. I am still working out the details with my travel buddy, but I am sure he would be game to ride in Lyons.

Chris

skillz to pay billz
    hall ranch antelope side

ride
    Cool Chris. I used to live in Lincoln and know most of those crusty old guys of Wills' vintage That's a good crew you've got out there.

Shoot me an email. I'd love to go for a spin with you guys, but I'll probably have the shop open depending on what time you're up here. Might be down for a Dale's Pale at Oskar's, though...
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris V.
    I checked out your website. Looks like my kind of bike shop!! I live in Lincoln. I also checked out your blog and noticed that you know some other bike guys from Lincoln. I usually encounter Wills on a local shop ride. He is good guy and a very strong rider! It is amazing how much miles he puts in on a SS.
    Wills would be so much stronger if he would eat a hamburger once in a while.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks to all so far for the responses.

ignazjr...you have an email response from me already.

BTW, I have never ridden a bike as nice as some of your Intense brand rentals. Holy cow, I won't know how to act.

Chris

caffeine dependent
    Up antelope, a lap on the lollipop in both directions, and descend bitterbrush. If you're here from ignazjr's birthin' grounds, you might as well see why they call'em the ROCKY mountains.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bstiff
    Up antelope, a lap on the lollipop in both directions, and descend bitterbrush. If you're here from ignazjr's birthin' grounds, you might as well see why they call'em the ROCKY mountains.
    Yup,

I just finished up a group ride tonight and got some local intell on Hall Ranch. Sounds like a good ride. I am planning on renting a full susser, in the big boy wheel edition from Redstone. I will be riding Saturday August 9th. I would like to start around 8.30-9.00 if I can get Dave to open up a little early for me to grab the bike..wink wink. I plan to ride for about 2 hours, then it is miller...I mean Dale's Pale Ale time.

BTW, I am still interested in finding a local willing to ride. It is always nice to have another guy around if you have a crash or a mechanical. I flatted twice tonight blowing the tire of the rim both times. We have a good group and there is aways someone willing to wait up and help out.

Peace out