mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Oh, So Interesting!
    you'd think they were trying to put a nuclear power plant in

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    “(The residents) want the access and the economic benefit of the trailhead, but they want to shove the impacts outside of town,” Quinn said.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

giddy up
    Lyons resident here and you guys are totally right. You'd think we are trying to put in a nuclear power plant. its such a joke. the bottom line is that there will always be NIMBY's and when you live in a small town, the mayor and trustees will never have the balls to just simply make the call knowing they may face an opponent in the street face to face. You can form all the steering committees you want and have all the votes you want but at the end of the day these people were elected to make decisions. And at the end of the next day, its the citizens who pay the price. Someone made a comment on the newspapers website, "when the county gets through with you" is exactly what will happen. We'll pay the price in the long run. This town is paradise which is why I chose to live here but its extremely embarassing when stuff like this happens. We are lucky we don't have to deal with real issues like violence and crime.

The county is just gonna rip us a new one. We are screwed if we ever want anything from them again.

One last comment on the article and this is a complaint to Boulder County. I found it interesting that Heil ranch is 5000 acres and there are SIX MILES OF TRAIL!!!!!. Thats not open space people. meanwhile the trails that do exist are getting demolished in the process.

Enough from me and my rant.
    Rub n Tiz'zug

Rolling
    I wonder where they get the 11,000 per year number???

You mean we will all be driving to Lyons to park and ride Heil from that lot? no!

You mean we will all be driving to Lyons to ride hall ranch from that parking lot? No! I currently park at Sandstone park to ride Hall--And there are literally no bikers besides me parking there at any given time.

The majority of riders don't like the extra mileage and will park at the closest open space lots to the trail.

This alarmist response by the Lyons locals is beyond reason to me.

Team Blindspot
    Sounds like one of the new town board members is one of those NIMBY's.

P.S. Lidar, how is it possible you can even read that article, or ride your bike without proper eyecare??
    Astigmatic Visionary

bbc
    Bueno!
    The trailhead discussion at the town meetings is out of control. The town of Lyons has been working on this forever and some of the residents here don't understand what we are getting out of the deal if there is a trailhead in Bohn Park. We would get 10 acres for free + 10 acres for peanuts. We could have a small parking area next to the trailhead and additional signage through out town encouraging people to park in town and ride from there. It's very simple.

Improve the town's paths and trails so you could park at The Stone Cup or the post office and ride on improved paths and trails without touching that much pavement.

I see maybe 1 or 2 cars in the parking lot at Bohn Park on the weekend. Why not use that? Also, bikers would park at Heil or Hall and ride from the parking lots there. It would disperse traffic, not everyone would park at one parking lot.

Done ranting.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works

P.S. Lidar, how is it possible you can even read that article, or ride your bike without proper eyecare??
    I get the audio version.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    I get the audio version.

so, you will be the one on the trail riding with the red-tipped cane
    Astigmatic Visionary

!Vamos, flaco!
    The ol' N.I.M.B.Y. principle at work.

I hope it goes through. I was just up in Fort Collins where the Blue Sky connector trail has really opened up all the trails and releived congestion and traffic of all types throughout the system.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson