mtbr member

A.lternative S.teep S.lope wants to be conquered

As the little thaw we are having right now makes trails sloppy we will stick (mostly) to a fire road again for this Thursday's 6 PM night ride.

Plan:

Meet at JJs at 6 pm Thursday, Feb 4.

Carpool to HTMP main parking lot. Gear up and ride up South Ridge. Depending on the trail conditions we develop the plan from there.
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

slow
    I hope to make this one. Hopefully I can remember how to ride on something other than pavement.

"Oldfart from Wayback"

Speaking of........

Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    I hope to make this one. Hopefully I can remember how to ride on something other than pavement.
    While I was up doing a few loops around Spring Crk park this afternoon , FCNA was in the process of gating off the entrances to Pineridge.

HTMP is the the only option left now.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by onbelaydave
    FCNA was in the process of gating off the entrances to Pineridge.
    Good. More trails should be closed in these conditions.

P.S. OBD, will you be joining us Thursday night?

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    Wish I could join you guys but the Thursday evening rides just don't work for me. In case you guys missed my report from Monday (yesterday):

Today from 11:15 until 12:30, from the upper HTMP lot, rode up Southridge to Soderburg down Springcreek down Stout. Turned around just a few minutes from the intersection with Tower Road.

Southridge - mostly dry with some packed snow/crusty ice sections. A few short sections of mud are starting to appear, but not a ride killer. I walked one short muddy section of Southridge due to mud.
    Soderburg - Mix of dry/ice/snow with a little mud by the wood stairs. I walked two short sections of Soderburg due to either muddy or icy conditions.
    Springcreek down toward Stout - Amazing conditions. Almost all dry.
    Stout - Dry until you get to some of the north/east facing trails in the washes, but almost all ridable. I started hitting some thin mud as I got closer to Tower Road and decided to turn around.

I think conditions will get worse (especially on Stout and sections of Southridge) as we get more melting, but it's a good morning or early afternoon ride right now.

mtbr member
    I'll be there this week

mtbr member
    Thanks to M, R, M, H for showing up. Fun as usual!

We rode up Towers, hiked (most of it anyway) Westridge to Wathen, sled down Wathen and went back to the Towers road via Herrington.

No serious spills. Just one tube gave up. Mud wasn't a problem. Towers was mostly dry. A few large ice slaps early on and snow at the very top kept things interesting. When we reached the antennas the temperature had dropped enough to freeze any potential mud. Quite some snow on the trails, though.
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.