rider on the storm
    Jul 2007

In Loveland all next week; any trails worth riding?

Hi all,

I'll be up in Loveland on business all next week. Just wondering if there are any trails worth hitting at this time of year. I'm interested in rides that aren't all snowed over and are not total mudfests where riding will cause unnecessary trail destruction.

My preferred riding style is lots of up n down, technical moves, ledges / jumps, etc. Some call it all mountain... I'll probably have time to ride at the end of every day, and a lot of time after lunch on next Friday.

Any ideas / hints / thoughts much appreciated. Please reply to this thread or shoot me a PM.

Thanks!
    mm22
    In love with the up as much as the down...

skillz to pay billz
    devils backbone was pretty fun, coupla small drops and plenty of rocky trails, Blue sky may even be dry by now/then.

single track ****
    What nooby said, and Bobcat too. If you can deal with a bit of snow, and ride later when ground is frozen, then you could hit Lory/Horsetooth for some longer rides(or just ride there from Backbone)

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by mmatador22
    Hi all,

I'll be up in Loveland on business all next week. Just wondering if there are any trails worth hitting at this time of year. I'm interested in rides that aren't all snowed over and are not total mudfests where riding will cause unnecessary trail destruction.

My preferred riding style is lots of up n down, technical moves, ledges / jumps, etc. Some call it all mountain... I'll probably have time to ride at the end of every day, and a lot of time after lunch on next Friday.

Any ideas / hints / thoughts much appreciated. Please reply to this thread or shoot me a PM.

Thanks!
    mm22
    Get in touch, I often ride late afternoon/early evening, might be able to show you some of the local goods mentioned above. I'm 1/2mi from the Backbone and 10min from Bobcat.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

rider on the storm
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for the suggestions all. Next week's weather forecast is looking fantastic.

Ventanarama, PM coming your way...
    In love with the up as much as the down...

!Vamos, flaco!
    I rode Devil's Backbone/Blue Sky for four hours on Monday, from 7am to 11am. It was very nice, although once the temps got near 32 degrees, moisture started to come out and make them a bit sloppy in the Blue Sky area--Devil's was dry as a bone. I also rode over and just into Soderburg, which was very wet (much more so than to the south) and icy just a few hundred vertical feet up from the reservoir.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

holding back the darkness
    Any day next week except thursday, and I'm good to go.
    **** censorship

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    Any day next week except thursday, and I'm good to go.
    Got the Stumpy is rollin again, the RP23 is just super-fab.
    Might join ya Wednesday.... I mean, if thats OK with you.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    Got the Stumpy is rollin again, the RP23 is just super-fab.
    Might join ya Wednesday.... I mean, if thats OK with you.
    Subject stealing, sorry....

You like the RP23 instead of the Triad? I bought a 2007 Stumpy over the Summer. I like it, but I definitely think the "squat" of the Triad is not ideal. Well, mainly it's my legs, but it does sink into travel too easily when pushing uphill, especially on quick bursts like up a rock ledge.

friend of Apex

Threadjack con't

Quote Originally Posted by jonny boy
    Subject stealing, sorry....

You like the RP23 instead of the Triad? I bought a 2007 Stumpy over the Summer. I like it, but I definitely think the "squat" of the Triad is not ideal. Well, mainly it's my legs, but it does sink into travel too easily when pushing uphill, especially on quick bursts like up a rock ledge.
    I have a '05 Stumpy with a Septune (similar to the Triad, but with 7 useless positions instead of 3). It has issues with sucking itself in, even after it was Pushed. So after being screwed on yet another ride I decided to replace it with a superior shock.
    Problem is not very many shocks fit the '05. I did some searching on the Specialized forum and found that the Cannondale Rush makes an RP23 that size (7.5 i2i x 1.75). So I gots one from the local Cannondale guys.
    I have had a chance to do my neighborhood ride (love those hits the kids make). Holy schnikies batman....what a difference. SMOOTHE man, SMOOTHE. Not jerky or sticky, way easier to ride a wheelie, little drops were much smoother, too.

Here's some threads on the subject
    How can I get a RP23 for my 07 stumpy FSR?
    RP23 Recplacement on SJ Continued
    & my own thread that no one came to. I guess I'm a dork
    Replaced my Septune with a RP23....

Threadjack complete

I can (and will) ride Loveland (DBB/Cougar/whatever) Wednesday
    [SIZE="2"](unless its a pow-day)[/SIZE]
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

holding back the darkness
    Wednesday sounds good. Pow-day rules apply. (And this a-basin gig I have that might, as a slight chance, trump riding (work related).. but I doubt that will happen). I'll do my usual prowling around and try to find what's dry.
    **** censorship