Thread: LOTB Conditions

Ride Buck Hill Ski Area
    Jul 2005

LOTB Conditions

Rode it yesterday at noon. The bottom access trail to the first climb was 20% ice and mud. The first climb to the clearing was almost all dry 95%, as were the three up and down sections that follow. A mud bog had taken over the last gully, but was ridable and all of the tracks were on the trail, keeping it single. It looked too muddy up through the last woods section after the double track climb, so i turned around.

Not bad for Feb, shorts and short sleeves.

mtbr member
    I did the out and back last weekend, wasn't that bad. I thought as more of the snow melted it would get worse.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

5% ice and snow

Rode it last Sunday 3/1 and it was great except for maybe a few short ice/snow section. If you park in lower parking lot the flat section by the castle is very icy

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    Has anybody ridden LOTB between last weekend and now? Any updates? Thanks.

Tribe member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtg7aa
    Has anybody ridden LOTB between last weekend and now? Any updates? Thanks.
    I went for a ride there on Sunday morning. There was a little bit of snow on the ground behind the castle house but nothing that was slippery. I only went up to the little clearing at the top of the climb and decided to turn around because I wanted to go ride Matthews/Winters and had some other business to attend to for the day. Kinda regret not heading further to see how much trail was rideable.

mtbr member
    My wife and I rode the whole thing today. There's about 150 feet of snow along the river, and then a 20 foot patch of pretty slippery ice about 4 miles in, but the rest was in perfect shape. We saw a total of 4 other riders.