mtbr member
    Jul 2008

LOST KEYS - Picture Rock Trail

Hey everybody, I'm hoping that a front ranger frequenting the Picture Rock Trail area within the past 1.5 weeks might have stumbled across my set of keys. I believe they would have fallen out between the Wild Turkey back loop and the first 2mi of the Picture Rock decent.
    The keys are part of a large bundle on 3 key rings, attatched to which is a black "ATi" lanyard and a blue key ring which is a custom-filed blue chainring with a small length of polished bike chain wrapped around it. There are also membership cards for both King Soopers and The Vitamin Shoppe on it.

I'm not that hopeful as I have scanned the area a second time and couldnt find anything, but maybe somebody picked them up. If so, give me a shout! Thanks a ton!

Evan

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I'll keep an eye out for them maybe tomorrow, maybe Thursday. How did you get home and into your house w/o your keys? I lost a wallet once, went all the way back and redid my ride (I was beat already). Turned out somebody had picked it up right behind me and I had a message on my home phone when I got back.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Awesome, I will be heading back up tomorrow (Thursday) to check again.
    I usually keep the back door of my car unlocked, so i was able to switch out my clothes. I just waited for the first person coming down on a bike and asked if they were heading to boulder with room for a bike. I got a lift home from a really nice woman (mind you, i would have rode home but I ran out of water on the Heil/Hall back and forth) and asked my girlfriend to drive me back with my spare car key in hand in her car.
    It was a pain, but all the keys are replaceable or have duplicates already, but it would be nice to have the rest of my keys back safe and sound.

Thanks to anybody who is riding these trails and keeping a lookout!

Evan

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hey, ewro, I was up there today and asked everyone who came down if they found some keys but, oddly, most of them had kept their eyes on the trail and saw no keys. My shoulder said turn around about 1/4 mile past the rusted out auto bodies but I was lookin' until then. I'm just thinking that if you truly did lose them in that two mile stretch, somebody some day will be riding at just the right time that the sun will glint off them and catch their eye.

Maybe you didn't lose them there and are looking in the wrong place. What makes you think that's where they are?
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

Who said Punisher?

I found your keys...

Quote Originally Posted by ewro
    The keys are part of a large bundle on 3 key rings, attatched to which is a black "ATi" lanyard and a blue key ring which is a custom-filed blue chainring with a small length of polished bike chain wrapped around it. There are also membership cards for both King Soopers and The Vitamin Shoppe on it.Evan
    Evan,
    I found your keys for sure the other day while on a bike patrol--they were in the pine needles on the side of the trail--just happened to stop to yield to someone and looked down and there they were. Fit the description to a T. See the PM.
    Last edited by VAhardtail; 10-16-2008 at 08:52 AM.

183 BRO's before hoes.
    Sep 2006
    What do you drive and where do you normally leave it parked?

183 BRO's before hoes.
    Sep 2006
    Also want to add, you guys are making it a bit easy for any random person to go and pick them up, I would delete some stuff and take it to PM's.

Who said Punisher?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromedToast
    Also want to add, you guys are making it a bit easy for any random person to go and pick them up, I would delete some stuff and take it to PM's.
    How about removing the great scamming idea you so graciously posted for everyone to see--not sure that helps a whole lot but thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks to everybody who looked on the trails, keys found!

Evan!!!!!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0