Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Still on Training Wheels!

Lost goggles on Apex 5/10/06

I think I lost a pair of Oakley goggles on The main Apex trail If they are on the trail it will probibly be lower than the first cut off on the north side(can't remember the trail name). The goggles are grey, black and red and look like carbon.

As it was I had a bad enough day on the trail. First run down I busted the bead on my rear tire about a 1/2 mile from the top. I hike-a-biked down to meet up with the other guys from the group and tossed a tube in to "fix" the problem. The next run I got to about the same place on the trail and flatted again By the time I got to the bottom I was pretty pi$$ed, and tossed my gear down by the truck. When we started to load up I noticed my goggles were gone. I had them looped on my handle bar the whole time I was hike-a-bike'n so I'm not really sure how or if they fell off, but I would appreciate it if you could keep a look out for them your next time up.

Oh well, 10 minutes on a bike is alot better than none
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

Rolling
    Goggles are needed on Apex nowdays?

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Deja Vu

And I'm without a pint of Ben and Jerry's just moments before the show...
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Umm, if I was shuttling Apex and lost my goggles I sure as hell wouldn't post a thread about it here. Whatever though, hope you find your goggles.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    Deja Vu

And I'm without a pint of Ben and Jerry's just moments before the show...
    LOL! Nice one.

Product engineer
    good luck, I lost a pair of Monster Dogs on apex, even saw the guy who probably picked them up. People suck
    FLIGHT BIKES bikes by Colorado riders.
    Like us on FaceBook!

Rocket Scientist
    BBOX maybe he's riding agressive XC and lost his sight...On a muddy snowy day...

Trail Sanitizer
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    It took a lot of restraint not to post something very similar when I first read this post.

mtbr member
    Awww, man! What happened?!?! I was expecting the trail use nazis to jump all over this! Where did they go?

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    Awww, man! What happened?!?! I was expecting the trail use nazis to jump all over this! Where did they go?
    Prolly cuz it's more of a poseur issue.

Outcast
    Help! I lost my clutch cable off my suzuki yesterday while riding down the main apex trail. It must of fallen off when it snagged on the handle bars of some weenie rider climbing up the trail. The moron wouldn't yield right of way to my superior riding skills. If you find a clutch cable, please p.m. me.

mtbr member
    I rode Apex this morning and didn't see any goggles. Probably picked up by a hiker and long gone.
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

Actually I was doing a few laps in the creek after my ride

Umm.....thanks for the help though

bicycle fanatic
    Why is it that everyone thinks that one way is the only way. I wear a pair of goggles on EVERY RIDE no matter what kind. I wear contacts, and if I go over about 10 miles an hour I can't see at all...glasses don't do it for me so I wear the goggles. Understandably, some XC guys are afraid of going a little quicker or may not have imperfect vision otherwise...goggles are necessary on Green Mountain fer me.

and sorry haven't seen em yet.
    TWO wheels ONE love

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillazilla
    Why is it that everyone thinks that one way is the only way. I wear a pair of goggles on EVERY RIDE no matter what kind. I wear contacts, and if I go over about 10 miles an hour I can't see at all...glasses don't do it for me so I wear the goggles. Understandably, some XC guys are afraid of going a little quicker or may not have imperfect vision otherwise...goggles are necessary on Green Mountain fer me.
    Nothing at all wrong with it...You can wear leopard skin tights as well if you care.

My wife has no problem with needing goggles with her contacts when she is going 30 MPH. But then she doesn't race DH down chasing after a rider when all the dust kicked up is still in the air. It does make sense during a race when the course is either muddy or really dusty and there are small intervals between riders.

That said, I do wear goggles when I ride to work and it's snowing.

Next time I ride green mountain, I will look out for you. I guess it will be easy to tell who you are. Will you be dauning a full face helmet and pads as well?

Next time I ride green mountain, I will look out for you. I guess it will be easy to tell who you are. Will you be dauning a full face helmet and pads as well?

Dress for the crash not the ride.

old skool newbie

lost some eyewear too

I lost a pair of light blue ESPN sunglasses in Golden Gate State Park a couple of weeks ago. I am really desperate to find them; they are irreplacable since Safeway doesn't carry them anymore. Please PM me if you found them or would like to loan a pair of yours until I buy a new pair or lose the loaners.

and oh ya - Shuttling trails around the Front Range

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy
    Everytime I read this stuff I get so amazed at the contempt expressed by a certain stereotyped set of people!
    Last edited by lidarman; 05-11-2006 at 07:36 PM.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    That reminds me, I lost my rifle scabbard, a pack of Lucky's, and a sixer of Bud off of my ATV last weekend at Mt. Falcon after colliding with one of them lycra wearing nancy boys. If anybody finds 'em, give me a call!
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

old skool newbie
    Everytime I read this stuff I get so amazed at the contempt expressed by a certain stereotyped set of people!
    Lidaman- who are you stereotyping? I thought this thread was about lost items. The link (without a pro or con comment) was supposed to defer the other discussion, again.

DWF- I may have found the sixpack of beer, but it was empty(d). I didn't see the nancy boy you are lookin for. I also lost my virginity on a front range trail about 20 years ago, keep it if you find it.

eci
    We'll your wife is a very lucky lady. I personally cannot snowboard with out goggles. i cannot bike with out either a goggles or b very large framed sunglasses. and if i am dhing with large framed sunglasses my eyes water like crazy.

oh and i believe your commentary is much more appreciated on teh passion board

mtbr member

Just a refresher.

Here's a little history on WHY YOU DON'T POST YOUR EPIC APEX SHUTTLE RIDES ON MTBR.

Enjoy! Funniest god damn thread ever!
    For You Who Hate Snowskillz And Like Apex......

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy
    Lidaman- who are you stereotyping?
    They are called "Item losers!" With a big "L"
    Come on, you have heard of them, right?

Otherwise, I have no idea what some people are being defensive about!

eci
    theres def a lot of wonderful threads on shuttling, and theres just as many trails to shuttle locally.

bicycle fanatic
    Hey....
    I love you all!!!! Whether yer an idiot, weight weenied, lungs fer brains, masochistic XC geek, or a loudmouthed, obnoxious, "XXXtreme(VanDiesel around?) DH rider.

It takes EVERYONE to make the world go around..... I had never read any of the previous posts....but honestly... OK...it's not worth the effort. Yeah maybe it is.

Lets just suffice it to say....any time anyone even MENTIONS riding downhill(whether in an XC fashion, or not....) I see two or three of the SAME people always attack.....(Oh my god my precious APEX). So....without further ado....for those people(cough cough....if ya don't remember posting it...maybe you should go back and read it again...) who are always on the attack....here is a wise adage from your own sayings. Don't remember who exactly it was that said it, but it essentially read like this.

"have you noticed that a character shows itself by how it repetitously reacts on these boards?" hmmmm....I see Lidarman, Kitchenware....essentially all the same people attacking...and a few defending...So if I attacked you, you would attack me...and eventually you ended up actually attacking personally....hmmm, kinda sophomoric...so what happens, they attack back and we get a HUGE rift in the MTB community.

Wonder why that happened? Instead of getting mad at a shuttler, explain to them kindly why it is wrong(or at least why you think it is). Offer solutions, or at least explain why the rules of the trails are there. I find it amazing that so many XC people think that only DH'rs come through and don't yield. It has actually been in my experience that fewer XC people will yield trail than DH(sorry, but trying to ride a little to the side to keep yer heart rate up doesn't count). If I am climbing, I expect full use of the trail. Not a small patch. And on that note....
    WHAT THE HELL DH'RS?!?!?(this means if you rode up the hill or not) Freakin' yield fer people. It is the way that it is supposed to be done, and the rules of the trail. Sure, if you are out at the resorts and you are ripping a DH run, I can understand not stopping(you did pay to ride there). However even then that is uncourteous. If you are EVER riding a trail on the front range and you see someone coming up....you should be literally falling off the bike to stop and give the uphill the right of way.

Oh, and yes, I will have a full face helmet on...and prolly be riding my DH bike XC style....get spanked by you all the way up Green Mountain and then Spanked back down because my tank of a bike needs something to chew on in order to actually go fast.

I hope no-one took offense. I truly did not write this in the attempt to upset either side, or declare a side. I understand both sides...and both sides have to see that they are BOTH going to remain permanently, for good or fer bad. I can say this though....if a rift continues between both factions..... We are ALL going to lose Apex...and maybe more trails on the front range.

TWO wheels ONE love.

get the picture?
    Last edited by downhillazilla; 05-11-2006 at 11:39 PM.
    TWO wheels ONE love

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast