Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2003

looks like pueblo is good for this weekend again

Looks like pueblo is good to go again this weekend. Anybody in?

Your retarded
    Meh, why not. I could be persuaded for a Sunday ride with some slow pedalers... as long as we hit Hooters at least once.
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Very strong possibility... unless some good trails melt off around here between now and then

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

mtbr member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    as long as we hit Hooters at least once.
    and here i thought you were a nice boy w/ a skateboard collection...

[SIZE="1"]
    (fwiw, image pulled from a feminist studies blog).[/SIZE]

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    I might be in. Depends on which day I decide to snowboard.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Looks like the weather is going to be great this weekend. Anyone going?

mtbr member
    Anyone have current conditions? I know the area got 1 or 2 inches late Wed. Yesterday (Thur) I was in Penrose which had an inch or so on the ground...

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkenn
    Looks like the weather is going to be great this weekend. Anyone going?
    I'll be down there on Saturday for sure and perhaps sunday if we stay and camp saturday night.

So if you see a couple of Mojo's going up and down the canyons stop and say hello.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Can't Saturday and probably going to Heil or Hall on Sunday, staying close to the front range to partake in Superbowl festivities.

Fingers crossed for next weekend though.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Current conditions...

Just got back from a ride out there (south shore/red gate). There's still a little snow/mud in the canyons, but it's fairly warm and quite windy, so I expect it'll be mostly gone by tomorrow.

Voodoo, Outer Limits and other trails in full sun will be good to go for sure.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Thanks for the update. I need to find the map again. Anyone have one they cant post?

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Thanks for the update. I need to find the map again. Anyone have one they cant post?
    here ya go. - image of the main areas
    PuebloTrails.jpg

PDF of the full system.
    peublo.pdf

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    By the way.... I park at the red gate which allows me to avoid paying the fees to enter the resivor area. So my questions is, is there anywhere to make a donation to the maintainance of the trails. Are they maintained by a group or by tyhe park services?

I feel it is only right. I am using the trails. I feel like I should give something back.

Jeff

Team Inflexible

Saturday

Has anybody planned on riding out there tomorrow.?I am planning on heading out there Saturday around 10 or 11am

mtbr member
    By the way.... I park at the red gate which allows me to avoid paying the fees to enter the resivor area. So my questions is, is there anywhere to make a donation to the maintainance of the trails. Are they maintained by a group or by tyhe park services?

I feel it is only right. I am using the trails. I feel like I should give something back.

Jeff
    Yes you can. They are called the Southern Colorado Trailbuilders. Contact Lee Newhard at Great Divide Bike shop in Pueblo 719-546-BIKE

mtbr member

Jeff

The best way to show your support is to sac up and buy a park pass. This shows the park management that mountainbiking will be a revenue generator for them and they will be more inclined to work with mountainbikers on trail building projects and access issues. Also there is some evidence of vandalism (broken glass) in the parking lot at the red gate. To avoid the horror of returning from a ride and finding your vehicle broken into the best thing to do is buy a pass. Inside the park there will be no worries about your car and what's inside. Believe me; I speak from experience. My car was broken into last fall the @ssholes took everything: ipod, camera, gymbag, jerseys, shorts, and all of my CD's. The best thing to do is but a pass.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kberkle
    The best way to show your support is to sac up and buy a park pass. This shows the park management that mountainbiking will be a revenue generator for them and they will be more inclined to work with mountainbikers on trail building projects and access issues. Also there is some evidence of vandalism (broken glass) in the parking lot at the red gate. To avoid the horror of returning from a ride and finding your vehicle broken into the best thing to do is buy a pass. Inside the park there will be no worries about your car and what's inside. Believe me; I speak from experience. My car was broken into last fall the @ssholes took everything: ipod, camera, gymbag, jerseys, shorts, and all of my CD's. The best thing to do is but a pass.
    I would love to park in the park and buy a pass. Where is the best palce to park to access the trails?

mtbr member

Say it ain't so.....

kberkle,
    1. When are the horsetards going to start the reroute of Stonehenge?

2. Sad to hear bout the breakin. Was it during the day while other vehicles were parked there? Any idea why they picked yours?

3. Pueblo reminds me so much of EL Paso, Mexico. Car breakins for the change on your seat is par for the course, (social-cultural reference omitted) many tell me los chicos son inclined to feel that the risks are worth it and they often have a plan of action and are que defensive without regard for the welfare of the decent folk. When I park my Honda near the trail head I know it might be prey, fortunately it is of no value and ain't noting inside that the Cholo's want, 'cept maybe my hairnet and some huffingmaterials. Both of which are typically reading "E".

CS
    JW
    Last edited by CSPRINGS; 02-01-2008 at 05:49 PM.
    C.SPRINGS

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    I drive a jeep soft top. Not real hard to break into that.

mtbr member
    The best place to park is easilly accessable and seen on the map. From HWY 96 take the southern most park entrance, the one highest up the hill and just below the bluff's. Stay on this road to the park booth, buy a park pass, stay straight for 100 yards. Turn left at the four way intersection and park here. From this spot you can even pick up a trail map at the kiosk to the right of the campground building. From this spot there is easy acess to the conduit trail, south shore trail, and my personal favorit start Duke Trail. Take Conduit to Duke and left on Rodeo to start your day.

My vehicle was broken into during the middle of the day and there was another unharmed. Why take chances buy a pass $6 no worries.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    To learn more about the State Parks pass, click here.

mtbr member
    The absolute best thing to support our trails is simple. It would be great for the state park rangers to drive through a parking lot full of happy mountainbikers. Thats all. You help every time you buy a pass or annual pass. We still appreciate people coming down and parking at the red gate. I'm happy to see people enjoying our trails. But $6 is trivial in comparison to what we all can spend on parts.

While you are down here get some good Mexican food too. I recomend Mexi-deli
    215 E Abriendo (across from the library) good food, good beer prices too. Arribas on the corner of the BLVD and 96 is ok but they don't sell beer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Support the trails, pay for a parks pass. The red gate is not the main access to the trail system, the rez is. Show the park that mtn bikers love the area. And trail IMPROVEMENTS are made on the advice of a professional trail building company. So, CSPRINGS and whoever else is wondering, if you see a trail changed, it for the good of all, not just some. Yeah, we noticed that someone went in and "undid" what the horsemen had done. Nice job, It makes the trails club look real good

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    WTF! I just woke up to snow in the springs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yeah, same here. NWS doesn't say if it is snowing down there.

A Few Clouds

27°F

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast