mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Looking for ROAD Bike - Help please

Hey guys,

Know this is a mtn bike post and I've given my fair share of advice and posts for riding mtn.

I have the new Specialized Enduro and love it!!!!

I am wanting to get a road bike and I know alot of you ride road for training, bad weather, etc.

ANY help for around the 2-3K price range for a great road bike....any advice appreciated

Old, stale, negative
    I know this is kinda spammy but I happen to have a highend K2 mod 5 loaded. I was thinking of getting rid of it to fund a monstercross project. Ultegra, Carbon Fsa compact cranks, shimano low spoke count wheels, carbon fizik aliante saddle, speedplay pedals. I'd miss her but just not putting in the miles on it since building my niner. I'd be willing to budge on the price if interested and I don't have to ship it. PM me if you are interested and we'll chat. I'm in Louisville Colorado. O, I was thinking of selling it for 2k, but like I said, we"ll talk. It's a 55. I'm 5'11 with 31" inseam. Let me know if any of this works for ya.

Rocket Scientist
    I have my road bike on ebay at the moment. It's a 2006 Giant OCR3 Carbon. I rode it maybe 2 times total and I decided it wasnt for me. Size Large.

Shimano 105 components, Truvativ 175mm cranks.
    Super great shape. like I said, it was only ridden maybe twice.

asking 1200.00

Here is a pic.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have a Specialized Roubix and love it. Mines full Dura Ace and out of the price range you listed, but you can get it speced to meet your price point. It's a comfortable, yet snappy ride, climbs great and so on.

If you have 2-3 grand to drop, you have lots of options on great road bikes, it all depends on what kind of riding is your cup of tea.

Go hard or go home
    I have an Orbea Lobular 50 with Campy Chorus (carbon) components and FSA cranks. Got it at Wheat Ridge - really like it. Its a combo of carbon and alumninum in the frame and was a bit over 3k...some people have railed on it, but I think its pretty comfortable and is definitely quick.

Too busy looking good
    If you're primarily an MTBer (and it sounds like you are), I suggest considering a cyclocross bike rather than a road bike. The flexibility of a CX bike is nice - with the right tires, it can be as efficient as a road bike. But, if you're like me and you get sick of pavement, even in the winter, you have the option of wider tires to venture onto dirt and gravel roads.

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcat
    Hey guys,

Know this is a mtn bike post and I've given my fair share of advice and posts for riding mtn.

I have the new Specialized Enduro and love it!!!!

I am wanting to get a road bike and I know alot of you ride road for training, bad weather, etc.

ANY help for around the 2-3K price range for a great road bike....any advice appreciated

Ventanarama can help you out. He's got access to a bunch of closeout '07 roadies through his shop in Loveland: www.mtnhighcyclery.com. You won't find any of the road stuff on the website....but give him a call.

If you are looking for a 57cm roadie, I have a sweet carbon/steel roadie for sale with some ultra sweet components and it's lightly used, well within your price range.
    PM me for more info....

--Beast

Slopestyle Rider
    Dear God.

Thread Terrorist
    what's a road bike again?

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    I think it's what you call your mountain bike when you cross asphalt to get to a trailhead.

--Beast

trail waggler

I think that it's...

One of the many forms of torture approved by the Bush Administration.
    MY dog can lick YOUR dog!

J\V
    mtbr member
    It's that thing you spent several days this summer riding...
    '07 Specialized Epic Marathon w/Crossmax SLRs
    '10 S-Works Tarmac SL3 w/Polar CS600x+Power