Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Looking for local trail knowledge about Estes Park and Allenspark area

922 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ddblu 
#1 ·
Hi,

I will be visiting from Fort Worth, Texas in the middle of June and am looking for some fun (novice to intermediate, 2-3 hours worth of riding) trails in the Allenspark and/or Estes Park area. It's for me and my family (aged 10 to 43), all decent riders capable of a 20 mile semi-technical single track ride at sea level, but looking for something a little less challenging and more scenic due to the altitude.

Thank you.

#2 ·
The riding close to Estes is advanced gnarly stuff. You may want to check out Sourdough Trail up the road starting at the southern most trailhead off how HW 72 on the Peak to Peak HWY. Lyons also has some good intermediate stuff. If you are up for the gnar gnar semi close to Estes and Allenspark check out Crosier Mtn Trail, Lions Gulch, South St. Vrain Trail, Buchannan Pass Trail. These trails will frustrate the novice and intermediate riders though,

#3 ·
Not a local, visited CO twice, but did get to rid eup in Estes once and loved it, as AP said, more technical oriented trails in Estes. I got to ride Crosier Mtn Trail & Lions Gulch and it was def a techyish and fairly long climb up that worked you and going down was definitely technical, but I loved every minute of it - back then I would consider myself def an intermediate rider.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.