Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Looking for a group ride this week/end

Looks like the weather should be nice from Friday on, does anyone have any group rides planned? Fri, Sat, or Sun work for me. Anywhere along the front range. Not looking for hammerheads as I'm not all that fast, but I don't mind being pushed.

mtbr member
    I don't have anything planned, but let me know if you get something together or have anything in mind. I'll definitely be riding somewhere this weekend.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I like to ride bikes too.... and am wide open for anything that's not a hammer-fest

mtbr member
    Well, what are you guys thinking? What part of town are you in? I'm down in Littleton, but don't mind traveling. What's it like in the Lyon's area? Marshall Mesa and that whole area should be pretty good.

Tribe Member
    Can we get a BC update from someone up there? I could be talked into a mtb ride around the Burn TT course if the conditions are right....riding on the road is getting a little boring again.

Thanks
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

That's "Mr. Tool" to you.
    Sounds interesting. Look forward to seeing a plan develop.

mtbr member
    I'm in.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I'm game for Heil to Hall via Pic Rock or anything at Buff Creek.

mtbr member
    I'm up for a longer ride as long as the pace reflects the fact that it's only mid Feb!

mtbr member
    So we have a lot of people hanging on the fence waiting for someone to organize something.... anyone going to take the initiative?
    LMB

mtbr member
    I'm up for whatever! I've only ridden Hall once, never been PR, Heil, or Buffalo Creek, so I don't know if I'm the person that should be organizing. When is best for everyone?

mtbr member
    I'm "relatively" new to the area and only ridden a few trails. I have no idea where the best places to ride are, and what will be the best conditions. So I defer to someone with greater knowledge. BTW, I'm by no means a hammerhead. I'm as slow as they come on the climbs.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    OK -- per the previous post on Buff Creek (still a lot of snow left). Lets meet at the Heil lot at 8 am on Sat w/ wheels rolling by 8:30 and ride Picture rock up to Hall with a Nelson loop.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    PS -- here is basically the ride profile but add about 5 miles. (I didn't connect the Nelson loop last time due to time constraints) --> http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7549713

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by edenger
    OK -- per the previous post on Buff Creek (still a lot of snow left). Lets meet at the Heil lot at 8 am on Sat w/ wheels rolling by 8:30 and ride Picture rock up to Hall with a Nelson loop.
    8 AM? Are you farking nuts? Come on man, I need to sleep in a little on the weekend. What about 10? There's no way I'm making it anywhere at 8 AM. Plus I live in Thornton, so I have a bit of a drive wherever we go so that means up even earlier.

That route is 30 miles. How bad is the climbing?
    Last edited by BaeckerX1; 02-19-2009 at 12:07 PM.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    OK -- I'm game to start at 10.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by edenger
    OK -- I'm game to start at 10.
    Heh. You didn't answer my other question.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Sounds good! I'm cool with a 10 am start. I'll be there about 20 minutes early.

So take a left on lefthand canyon to get to the parking lot, correct?

mtbr member
    2 things. First, is the climbing really serious? I don't want to commit to something I can't handle and then just slow you guys down. I'm still getting used to it out here and getting my fitness level up. Second, can you post some directions to the trailhead you have in mind? I think I'll probably get out there and try to hack it.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Directions: West on Left Hand - North on Geer.

http://www.bouldercounty.org/openspa...heil_ranch.htm

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Heil - Picture Rock - Hall - Return the same way = about 35 miles. The worst climb is at Hall Ranch through the rock garden (a blast on the return downhill, however!).
    Plan on approximately 6 hours saddle time at a moderate pace (not including breaks, mechanicals, etc.).

mtbr member

I am in

I am in. I haven't done that long of a ride in a bit, but you can't pass up a sunny weekend and a good group of guys.
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1
    2 things. First, is the climbing really serious? I don't want to commit to something I can't handle and then just slow you guys down. I'm still getting used to it out here and getting my fitness level up. Second, can you post some directions to the trailhead you have in mind? I think I'll probably get out there and try to hack it.

Don't worry about that, I'm hoping I can keep up with you! I'm slow too.

mtbr member
    Damn. 35 Miles with lots of climbs. I'm going to die. Let's see how well I can hack it with how out of shape I am heh. So if I'm heading that direction from Broomfield on 36, how do I get to the correct trailhead? You'll have to excuse me, I'm a bit new to the area.

So who's all in officially?
    LMB

Bad Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1
    First, is the climbing really serious? I don't want to commit to something I can't handle and then just slow you guys down.
    Hey Brendan, the climb up Heil isn't bad at all, but it is much more difficult than anything at Marshall Mesa that we did on the 7th.
    Where else have you ridden around here so far?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast