mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Looking for Funk Cycles La Ruta Demo in Large.....

About a year back I sold off all my Ibis Ti 26ers in favor of my Moots MXZ. I was in touch with a MTBR member who worked with them in some capacity as he was selling his Bowti too. He urged me to take a demo ride on a La Ruta because I was considering a Castallano Silk 29 at the time....

Fast forward 12-14 months. I made a call to Daryl at Funk yesteday, but was wondering if anyone else had some info or has a size Large frame I could ride. I'm willing to meet you at the trail. We can swap pedals and take a spin. My Mooto XZ 19" ride might be a bit heavier at 26.5 lbs but it still rides nice.

Which brings me to why I'm considerig a new frame. I don't do enough all Mountain riding to justify this frame when 90% of my rides are front range XC and everyone I ride with is riding 21-24lb bikes. I'm REALLY happy with the MXZ thats why I want to demo an La Ruta before plinking down $3.5K.

Thanks guys!

I did it all for the kudo
    You would think for that kinda price Funk would have a demo readily available to try. But I guess some people have more dollars than sense.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
    You would think for that kinda price Funk would have a demo readily available to try. But I guess some people have more dollars than sense.
    I'm sure they do but I just called yesterday. I'll send an e-mail too as it seems like Daryl has some out of the country interests and may be tied up at the moment. I just thought someone who has worked with them in the past may be able to chime in...

I'm itching to go, but after 41 years, I've learned patience too.

For example: I know Moots has an entire demo fleet they load into a sprinter van that is currently on the east coast. Thats A LOT of titanium traveling down the road. It would be impossible for every dealer to stock demo's. too much $$$$$$$$$$.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Just to follow up....

Dave from Funk gave me a ring today and answered all my questions including setting up a Demo ride date where he will bring a La Ruta in my size to the trail. How about that for customer service? Looking forward to meeting him and taking the silkie monster for a ride.

Yet another reason I live here.