Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Cynical Bystander

Looking for a FS frame

I really want to get a full suspension frame/half build/complete build whether it costs some money or I can trade lots of things for it. Something with about 5-7" of travel front and back, is pretty climbable and is all around a good bike that can take up atleast 5ft drops from a big 200# person like me. Doesn't have to be fancy, could be that antique bike from 2000 that you never ride anymore. Just curious if any locals have anything of interest. If so please let me know. Thanks,
    Tony

Yo snowskilz I think I want the SGS if you have it. Let me know.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

go big
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I really want to get a full suspension frame/half build/complete build whether it costs some money or I can trade lots of things for it. Something with about 5-7" of travel front and back, is pretty climbable and is all around a good bike that can take up atleast 5ft drops from a big 200# person like me. Doesn't have to be fancy, could be that antique bike from 2000 that you never ride anymore. Just curious if any locals have anything of interest. If so please let me know. Thanks,
    Tony

trade you for my big hit-v 10

locked - time out
    Tony

I've got your ride Tony - it'll only cost you a V10 - hell, I'll even throw in 2 dogs, misc. manuals for assorted things, a toothbrush, a raccoon skin hat, and three slightly used pairs of socks. The AC1 is perfect - doesn't even look like it's been ridden - in fact, I've only ridden it to the store and back - never in dirt, and never over any terrain that would scratch or stress it. Let me know - I'll drive it down tonight

If you respond within the next 10 minutes, I'll throw in 3 slices of Tombstone Veggie pizza - but act fast, as there is crazy demand for this pizza and after the initial 10 minutes, all bets are off.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    I've got your ride Tony - it'll only cost you a V10 - hell, I'll even throw in 2 dogs, misc. manuals for assorted things, a toothbrush, a raccoon skin hat, and three slightly used pairs of socks. The AC1 is perfect - doesn't even look like it's been ridden - in fact, I've only ridden it to the store and back - never in dirt, and never over any terrain that would scratch or stress it. Let me know - I'll drive it down tonight

If you respond within the next 10 minutes, I'll throw in 3 slices of Tombstone Veggie pizza - but act fast, as there is crazy demand for this pizza and after the initial 10 minutes, all bets are off.
    Can I still get the pizza?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

locked - time out
    Can I still get the pizza?
    It's 2.3 pieces now - but I have a cold 7 oz of Pepsi left too...

Cynical Bystander
    It's 2.3 pieces now - but I have a cold 7 oz of Pepsi left too...
    Pepsi's good....I'm a caffeine addict....
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Stand back

I don't know about that

I'd check that seatpost, I'm guessing it's gonna have something interesting to say.
    Also make sure the dogs have their shots, wouldn't want 'em infecting your pizza...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    I'd check that seatpost, I'm guessing it's gonna have something interesting to say.
    Also make sure the dogs have their shots, wouldn't want 'em infecting your pizza...
    Still got that DB fo sale? If so how much would you want?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Seatpost? I've checked the whole area over about 12 times since Jim's incident - I've officially concluded that Jim's was a freak failure - I plan, however, to subject the bike to extensive testing over the next season or two - so I'll have to report back.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Seatpost? I've checked the whole area over about 12 times since Jim's incident - I've officially concluded that Jim's was a freak failure - I plan, however, to subject the bike to extensive testing over the next season or two - so I'll have to report back.
    That's funny, when I looked at it, it already had stress cracks in the paint.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    That's funny, when I looked at it, it already had stress cracks in the paint.
    Shhh...c'mon man, as a frame builder you should know that those lines just mean that the bike is breaking in nicely - like a good pair of shoes, or a handcrafted cello... they lend the bike character.

Stand back

Db?

Still got that DB fo sale? If so how much would you want?
    I had a xc dually DB for sale back in January or so... You wouldn't have wanted it, anyway. 4" travel with a SID rear shock. But hey, it was a warranty frame, I was just happy to have gotten something in return for my broken '00 XR.
    What I do have for sale - large '02 Titus Switchblade . I dunno that it's quite what you're looking for, but if ya got $900, I'm not one to argue.
    But give him a couple seconds and I'm sure that Renegade guy will be here, telling you how you need his ASX.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

locked - time out
    That was awesome - when I took the flashlight into the gararge (of course I looked!) there was a hair of some sort near the seat-tube that looked alot like a crack, I got all excited for a second.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    That was awesome - when I took the flashlight into the gararge (of course I looked!) there was a hair of some sort near the seat-tube that looked alot like a crack, I got all excited for a second.
    I knew you'd look...

BTW, I've got the notes you wrote on HI already packed up. Thanks for that. Taking my shoes and pedals and some riding gear. Hope to get at least a few rides in. I'm still debating taking the bike, I've got a couple of Ironcases, but hate to be bothered with lugging bikes around.

Card Carrying Member
    See update.

eci
    Tony

i will let you know tomorrow
    may be sold

Outcast
    Tony

How about an '04 Yeti ASX? http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin/...uery=retrieval

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    How about an '04 Yeti ASX?
    Whats up with the secret spy photos? That would be perfect for wildman, he needs to ride it.

Rocket Scientist
    Rene...
    What are you riding now that your selling the Yeti?

Outcast
    I borrowed a digital camera from work; I didn't realize that it was in "portrait" mode untill I snapped off a dozen photos. The frame is in as good a shape as the pics suggest.

Billy, I bought a 2002 turner RFX frame, hoping that it's angles will be more suited for the majority of my riding.

Last edited by Renegade; 12-15-2004 at 09:35 AM. Reason: added pic

mtbr member

Gemini

you should be looking for a Gemini. Very light and 7" front and rear, climbs like a billy goat too. Also it is a very balanced jumper too. If we ever get together for a ride.... you should ride my rig.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    you should be looking for a Gemini. Very light and 7" front and rear, climbs like a billy goat too. Also it is a very balanced jumper too. If we ever get together for a ride.... you should ride my rig.
    Are you looking to sell one?
    Oh Renegade, I'm too poor for $900 Looks sweet though. Maybe trade my hardtail for it?

Maybe I should just save enough money to get a layaway going for something....
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Rocket Scientist
    Tony...
    ADR 4x Frame should be here by Spring...
    4-5" Travel. I have some info if your interested.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by bpatterson6
    Tony...
    ADR 4x Frame should be here by Spring...
    4-5" Travel. I have some info if your interested.
    Yea I know thats' comin out but I haven't seen any info about it. Mind showing me the info? Neil hasn't answered my most recent email(Monday) asking him for info about it.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    not sure what you are wanting to climb, but I've climbed up fireroads following XC racers on this. If you throw a ring smaller than a 44 on the front, you could probably do some climbing. 5 ft drops wouldn't phase the bike, so you might have to up the minumum drop height standard.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin/...uery=retrieval

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast