mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Smile Looking for fellow riders near Longmont!

Hi guys,
    As an exchange student I'm gonna live in Longmont from August08 to June09 and basically I'm looking for someone to ride with and decided this was the best place to look. I'm looking to build a FS bike around a 6.6 frame or similar wich I can use for light downhill and trails. I would love if someone (who lives near Longmont) would be kind enough to help build a bike since I don't have a lot of experience with that. I will be going at Lyons Middle/High school as a Senior or Junior (don't know yet), so if anyone here goes to that school please let me know.

All response is greatly appreciated
    Andreas Lindhjem - Norwegian dude

skillz to pay billz
    isn't that a beatles song?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Norweigan
    Norwegian dude

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Beatles song?
    Originally Posted by Andy_Norweigan
    Norwegian dude
    I know...
    Last edited by Andy_Norweigan; 03-11-2008 at 12:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Andy,

Welcome to the US of A. You in luck and likely to have numerous riding partners. If you have a hot, Norwegian sister, I'd suggest posting nekkid pics of her.

ride
    Hi Andy. I'm about 15 minutes west of Longmont in Lyons. I'm happy to help you out with the bike build. Might charge you a couple of 6 packs, though, although I don't know how you'd procure them

There's lots of great riding around these parts. From Longmont, you'll most likely be heading west thru Lyons to ride anyway. There are a ton of riders in this area, too. Many of them are on this board as well. Give a shout when you're out here - we're happy to take you out riding with us.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

skillz to pay billz
    sorry andy, seeing that you're still in high school that joke may have gone over your head.

welcome to the country.

here's some info on the beatles. They were a popular music group back in the day. I don't much care for them but hey...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_beatles

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Norweigan
    Beatles song?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    Hi Andy. I'm about 15 minutes west of Longmont in Lyons. I'm happy to help you out with the bike build. Might charge you a couple of 6 packs, though, although I don't know how you'd procure them

There's lots of great riding around these parts. From Longmont, you'll most likely be heading west thru Lyons to ride anyway. There are a ton of riders in this area, too. Many of them are on this board as well. Give a shout when you're out here - we're happy to take you out riding with us.
    Sounds really cool dude! (I'm certain I will be able to produce some beer )

Old, stale, negative
    When you get in town go straight to Redstone in Lyons. Springboard from there. Dave will send you up many impossible routes. Good luck, stay posted and we'll drag you out for plenty of tough days sending you home happy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bstrick
    When you get in town go straight to Redstone in Lyons. Springboard from there. Dave will send you up many impossible routes. Good luck, stay posted and we'll drag you out for plenty of tough days sending you home happy.
    That's just what I want to hear, thanks dude!

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr

I will give him a hand with that, Dave
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'm thinking of building something like a SC Bullit with a Totem 2step or Marzocchi 66ATA, and was wondering what you guys ride.. If you have any suggestions about alternative frames, it would be great! The bike will be for downhill/freeride mostly, and occasionally for trail use (hence the 2step).

Still looking very much forward to getting to the states and ride with you guys
    Last edited by Andy_Norweigan; 03-17-2008 at 04:30 AM.