Professional Bad Ass
    Feb 2007

Looking for Boulder area riding buddies

I just moved from Tucson to the Boulder area, and I am looking to meet some people to ride with.

I enjoy technical XC riding (some might say "all mountain"...). My average ride in Tucson would be 20-25 miles with ~2500 ft of climbing at 6-12 mph depending on difficulty. I'm hoping to meet someone with the same riding tastes as me. From what I have heard, Boulder doesn't have many trails, so I'd like to find some riders from the area who don't mind driving a bit on the weekends to get to the good stuff. I'm living in Louisville.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dthomp325 View Post
    I just moved from Tucson to the Boulder area, and I am looking to meet some people to ride with.

I enjoy technical XC riding (some might say "all mountain"...)
    all mountain like this?

Inflexable...
    That trail sounds awesome!

Well, except for the climbing part...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

Professional Bad Ass
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KarateChicken View Post
    Yes, yes, yes, quite possibly one of the best trails in the entire world. I usually ride that as a ~20 mile semi loop starting with a 5.5 mile/2000 ft road climb (it's fun trying to keep up with and occasionally pass roadies while riding a 30lb, 6" travel bike), followed by 4-8 miles of occasionally steep and technical single track with another ~2000 ft of climbing before turning around and bombing back down at full speed. The AZ trail from the ridge and Milagrosa proper have similar terrain (but more difficult) than Moore Fun in Fruita.

You can also access the trail from the east (a-la the Single Swizzle single speed race, hosted by DeJay Birch), where you can put together rides from 25-50 miles with 3500-7000 ft of climbing.

I'm excited to try out the swoopy alpine trails in CO (at least that's how I envision them), as I've been riding in the rocky desert for many years.

banned
    don't worry, there is technical riding here if you look for it

You may miss Viva Burrito though.

Now older but less slow!
    Sent you an pm.

ride
    We ride every Tuesday, meeting at Redstone in Lyons @5:30pm. We don't generally drive more than 30 min and the Oskar Blues kitchen closes at 10:00. If you like steep and technical riding with a strong crew, you might enjoy our Tues ride. Bring lights if you have em, were finish up after dark pretty frequently.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Professional Bad Ass
    Feb 2007
    I have a light, and it sounds like a great ride, but I doubt I can make it up there by 5:30 during rush-hour traffic. Maybe I'll be able to shuffle my schedule around a little on Tuesdays.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Greetings from your old stomping ground! Dave here from the Foothills side of Old Pueblo. You bought a wheel from me around Christmastime a couple of years ago. Glad you are settled in up there. Check out the trails around Golden / Lookout Mtn: Apex, Enchanted Forest, etc. Not a lot of miles, but fun, scenic, close-to-town riding.

Hey on a different subject, when you were in San Diego did you ride anything besides Noble? I'll be there the first week in August. Looking for 30 to 40 mile days.

oh crap...
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr View Post
    We ride every Tuesday, meeting at Redstone in Lyons @5:30pm. We don't generally drive more than 30 min and the Oskar Blues kitchen closes at 10:00. If you like steep and technical riding with a strong crew, you might enjoy our Tues ride. Bring lights if you have em, were finish up after dark pretty frequently.
    Any guys riding single speed in your group? I'll be out of town this coming Tuesday, but might be able to make it the week after.
    Grow some food for yourself.

ride
    Sure, ride whatever you want, we don't discriminate. They are your legs Seriously though, we don't stray from difficult terrain, but several in our group are regular single speeders.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO