mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Looking for a biking buddy

My dad has recently moved to Highlands Ranch, CO and was wondering if there are any biking groups that are out there or just some people that like to ride. He is a moderate XC rider and roadie. He doesn't know MTBR yet so I thought i'd ask for him. I have met some pretty cool guys in Eagle, ID from MTBR, so I'd thought I'd give it a shot.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

GL1
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Group rides

Quote Originally Posted by idaho biker 90
    My dad has recently moved to Highlands Ranch, CO and was wondering if there are any biking groups that are out there or just some people that like to ride. He is a moderate XC rider and roadie. He doesn't know MTBR yet so I thought i'd ask for him. I have met some pretty cool guys in Eagle, ID from MTBR, so I'd thought I'd give it a shot.

Thanks
    Team Ironclad (ICCC) puts on a ton of rides both MTB and road all season long for all ages and abilities. Check out their blog at http://www.teamironclad.blogspot.com/

Also, team Evergreen is a great way to connect and ride both MTB and road with some great folks.

-G

mtbr member
    If he enjoys night riding, Bike Source in Highlands Ranch has a weekly Wednesday evening ride. Leaves from the shop at 6 pm. Mountain bikes, singlespeeds, and a cross bike or two are the general mounts of choice for these rides.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks,

Anyone else know of any other places or just people that would like to ride?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Have him check this out...

Quote Originally Posted by idaho biker 90

Thanks
    http://www.teamevergreen.org/

Lots of spring - fall rides - mountain and road.

If he's interested in racing (even just a little...), the TE Racing club has training rides all winter - meets in Morrison for about 50 miles every Sat. All are welcome. Rides are supposedly "base miles" but they do tend to break into groups based on speed once the horses sense they're headed home...

mtbr member
    Team Evergreen is a good group; also optimizeendurance.com click on "events" - they have weekend rides, many of which start in Highlands Ranch or nearby (road and mtn bike).

Living the High Life
    There is a group ride every Thursday in Lakewood. The T.I.T.S. ride, acronym they keep changing, Thrusday..something something somethings. Point is, T.I.T.S. are good

Its a no drop casual ride, anywhere from 2 to 20 riders show up. There are guys on anything from rigid 29er SSs to FS 6" bikes. There is always a thread going about it and they're always happy for new faces.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.