Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    icegeek is hot

Local Trail Conditions

This sticky has been established in order to quickly post and find information on local trail conditions this winter. If you'd like to participate after riding a trail please reply to this thread providing any information you have, and including the trail name in the title.

Hopefully this will help us all more easily find ridable trails this winter, and help keep riders from unnecessarily driving out and riding in adverse trail conditions. Happy riders, less trail damage. It's a good thing.

Are your pants fresh?

Apex/Chimney Gulch

As of this afternoon, there were still wet/snowy spots with a bit of mud on mid-upper Apex, around the Enchanted Forest (didn't go in, just passed right by). Slushy and muddy in spots, should dry out a little tomorrow. Chimney Gulch was for the most part dry, with a few wet spots, but nothing slushy at all. Where'd everybody else ride?

FP

icegeek is hot

Hall Ranch

With the rest of the people on the planet. The good news is it was dry as a bone.

Thanks Freshpants, for replying. That's another reason to get something like this going. It will hopefully keep everybody from descending upon the same trails. MW and Hall always dry first, and get the most traffic. Maybe by sharing this information we can all spread out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshpants
    As of this afternoon, there were still wet/snowy spots with a bit of mud on mid-upper Apex, around the Enchanted Forest (didn't go in, just passed right by). Slushy and muddy in spots, should dry out a little tomorrow. Chimney Gulch was for the most part dry, with a few wet spots, but nothing slushy at all. Where'd everybody else ride?

FP

Now Uploading
    Lair O' The Bear's Bear Creek Trail was muddy, slushy and wet in places today. No quagmire, but probably best left to dry. In the dry areas, which was most of it, traction was superb.

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

Trail rider and racer
    Thanks CraigH

I was just about to PM you to make it a sticky.

Trevor!
    Trev!

icegeek is hot

Rode Dakota Ridge / MW

From s1ngletrack and dbabuser: Rode Dakota Ridge / MW yesterday - it's good except for Morrison Slide

icegeek is hot

Chimney Gulch to Lookout Mtn

From Jdub: Still had some snow on the top 1/2 and was getting a little muddy in parts on the way back down, but certainly rideable.

icegeek is hot

Mt. Falcon

From rapwithtom: Great! A few snow patches, all rideable...rode up Castle, did Parmalee, Old ute Trail, Devil's Elbow Trail...how often do you get sunny and 70 while you are riding through snow in shorts? Seriously, not more than 100 yards of snow for all the riding...a little standing water and a little mud also, but generally great! Remember, stay on the trail, ride through mud and water, do not widen the trail!

icegeek is hot

Deer Creek

From spincycle: Rode Deer creek today ,mud and snow upto meadowlark trail then soild slush/snow/mud up to red mesa trail , red mesa in pretty dry.

icegeek is hot

Fyi

Hey guys (singletrack, dbabuser, rapwithtom and spincycle):

I hope you don't mind me cutting and pasting your trail reports here. I just wanted to make F70 had all information in one place. If we can get a lot of information within this sticky, it'll be nice to be able to open it throughout the winter, switch the Display Mode to "Linear," and easily get the most up to date reports.

I'm riding Apex today and will provide a report later ...

Card Carrying Member
    The Boulder Creek Path is in great shape.

Perpetually single track
    Thanks KW, I wasn't sure, and I've really been meaning to hit that up for the last few weeks. Good to know I won't do any damage today.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss

Buffalo Creek - 11/06/04

We rode Strawberry, Baldy, Gashouse, Buck, Millers, and who know what other loops from Pine Valley yesterday and it was all in good shape.

icegeek is hot

Apex ... better than you think ...

The only real snow to be found on Apex is on the Apex trail, in small segments, mostly past the Sluice Box Junction. Enchanted is perfect, not only dry, but way tacky -- get yo' self some while the gettin's good!! Grubstake's awesome too. Work this one in before the snow flies if you can ...

icegeek is hot

Chimney Gulch

Good to go. One very short (30') segment of snow. Awesome.

icegeek is hot

Walker Ranch

Very dry and good to go. Based on friend's report.

Bad Case of the Mondays

Devil's Backbone

Very dry and loose. Good riding today, lots of hikers but only a couple of bikers.

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Thanks KW, I wasn't sure, and I've really been meaning to hit that up for the last few weeks. Good to know I won't do any damage today.
    No problem, just wanted to let all the radcore peeps know it's good to shred. Just a word of warning though... If you go by way of Skunk Creek, watch out for the dead squirrell in the middle of the path, near the junction.

I hear that Community Ditch is still in play too, but with only 6" of travel I'm afraid to ride it.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    I hear that Community Ditch is still in play too, but with only 6" of travel I'm afraid to ride it.
    There's no reason to speak of the goods on a public forum buddy. Shhhh.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    There's no reason to speak of the goods on a public forum buddy. Shhhh.
    Hey, it's not like I gave driving directions.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Palmer horse poo report:
    greasy to chunky conditions

mtbr member

White Ranch

Rode up to the fork, down lower mustang, then back down belcher to the lower lot yesterday. There was a little mud on the lower parts, especially around the creek, but everything else was good.

mtbr member

Good job!

White Ranch:
    As of yesterday (Sunday 7 Nov, @ 4,00)
    Some snow and ice on portions of Maverick as well as Belcher just below the upper parking lot. Lower Mustang like F.E. said great shape. Round-up it's fine and the portion of Belcher above the Sawmill cutoff is in excellent shape too.
    The rock garden at the bottom is dry and dusty and in the dark a bit of a challenge

As a side note I made it to the Sawmill cut off with only one stop.

Anyone ride Bergen Peak lately?

crashes in parkinglot
    Me thinks there needs to be a better way to do this (the sticky). Maybe a weekly sticky w/ the dates or something, so that by the end of the winter (december being my guess ) we don't have a 4K reply post that needs to be weeded through just to see if Hall is rideable.

Perpetually single track
    Honestly, a FR website would be ideal, not to unsimilar to what Dave has going on at redstone.

http://www.redstonecyclery.com/BLtrailcond.htm

Something clearcut, with a listing of all the trails ONCE, and the most recent condition next to them. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd offer to host it. Actually I take it back...I'll offer to host it, if some other slacker offers to edit it on regular basis. I'll give them FTP access to my site...(Kitchen...you out there).
    Last edited by ibmkidIII; 11-08-2004 at 09:43 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast