Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Reputation: Godzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,437

    Local brake swap?

    The time has come for the bi-monthly rearranging of the stable. I was going to put my set of Hope M4s in the classifieds, but figured I'd post a thread here first to see if anyone is interested in a trade. As stated, the brakes are M4, very good (though not new) condition - the front rotor is 200, the rear is 180.

    I am considering Juicy 7s and Saints, but am open to reasonable suggestions if anyone is interested. I should add that these will be replacing the craptastic Hayes on my DH bike, so DH oriented is definitely better.

    Josh
    Now with more vitriol!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    The time has come for the bi-monthly rearranging of the stable. I was going to put my set of Hope M4s in the classifieds, but figured I'd post a thread here first to see if anyone is interested in a trade. As stated, the brakes are M4, very good (though not new) condition - the front rotor is 200, the rear is 180.

    I am considering Juicy 7s and Saints, but am open to reasonable suggestions if anyone is interested. I should add that these will be replacing the craptastic Hayes on my DH bike, so DH oriented is definitely better.

    Josh
    I'll trade you my Hayes HFX9's from my 4x bike. They're super-duper!

  3. #3
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    The time has come for the bi-monthly rearranging of the stable. I was going to put my set of Hope M4s in the classifieds, but figured I'd post a thread here first to see if anyone is interested in a trade. As stated, the brakes are M4, very good (though not new) condition - the front rotor is 200, the rear is 180.

    I am considering Juicy 7s and Saints, but am open to reasonable suggestions if anyone is interested. I should add that these will be replacing the craptastic Hayes on my DH bike, so DH oriented is definitely better.

    Josh
    I've got a set of brakes I'll trade you for them. Gustavs! I'll even pop for new pads and lines (extra if you want Goodridges).
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

  4. #4
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Reputation: Godzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    I've got a set of brakes I'll trade you for them. Gustavs! I'll even pop for new pads and lines (extra if you want Goodridges).

    I might consider that if I could make them work, I don't think I can though.

    As far as your offer Grant - more than one set of Hayes is just too much bliss for any one person to handle. Keep them and think about how lucky you are every time you're wondering why your brakes can't just, for once, work consistently well.
    Now with more vitriol!

  5. #5
    Out Of Control
    Reputation: jrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    244
    I have a set of Hayes El caminos with a bunch of spares that I just replaced with mono 6s. Dunno if they are worth a trade for mono 4s but thought I would throw this out there.

  6. #6
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Reputation: Godzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by jrok
    I have a set of Hayes El caminos with a bunch of spares that I just replaced with mono 6s. Dunno if they are worth a trade for mono 4s but thought I would throw this out there.

    I appreciate the offer, I just hope to avoid Hayes from here on.
    Now with more vitriol!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FrontRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,427
    I have some blingtastic tektro cantis that are just begging for some DH use. Throw in some cash and I might be willing to trade.

  8. #8
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,984
    You think those brakes are to blame for your blown corners?
    You're lucky if road rash is all you ended up with going down at those speeds. There's a short bit on the Mass dh which says speeds AVERAGED 40mph.
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

  9. #9
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Reputation: Godzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    You think those brakes are to blame for your blown corners?
    You're lucky if road rash is all you ended up with going down at those speeds. There's a short bit on the Mass dh which says speeds AVERAGED 40mph.
    Nah - in truth, the Hayes on my Mono work better than any Hayes I've ever had - part of my desire to change them stems from the fact that I think my brakes could be a bit better - and part of it comes from my long held superstition that Hayes only work well once - after something goes wrong with them, you can kiss any hopes for consistent braking goodbye regardless of who works on them.

    I was lucky to walk away from my wreck - I have never wrecked going anywhere near as fast as I was going the other day. I wish I had video of it, I have no idea what happened - one second I was off the brakes trying to stay loose through the braking bumps, the next second I was skipping along next to my bike. While I wish I could blame my mishap on my equipment, I know that ultimately there are no excuses when it comes to racing, it's all racing. (Well, that and the fact that the brakes really did have nothing to do with the wreck)
    Last edited by Godzilla; 07-19-2006 at 02:45 PM.
    Now with more vitriol!

  10. #10
    Now Uploading
    Reputation: mtbdirteater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,110

    brake trade

    Josh,

    Contact me if you want to talk about trading a pair of Juicy Sevens for your Hope M4s.

    Cheers,

    Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

  11. #11
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Reputation: Godzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    Josh,

    Contact me if you want to talk about trading a pair of Juicy Sevens for your Hope M4s.

    Cheers,

    Dave
    Dave - I just shot you an e-mail, let me know if you don't recieve it.
    Now with more vitriol!

  12. #12
    Now Uploading
    Reputation: mtbdirteater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    Dave - I just shot you an e-mail, let me know if you don't recieve it.
    Dude, call me, your email bounces.

    Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kbahus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    82
    I just picked up some new Shimano's for my bike. Ended up getting an xtr front 203mm setup and a rear saint setup. I have had nothing but issues with my Hayes since my first problem this spring. It is weird because I didn't have a single problem last year but this year I can't ride once without a brake issue. It's so frustrating that I finally just gave in today and ditched the Hayes. Out of three Hayes brake setups I have one that works like it is supposed to. Hopefully this new Shimano stuff pans out for the best.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    The time has come for the bi-monthly rearranging of the stable. I was going to put my set of Hope M4s in the classifieds, but figured I'd post a thread here first to see if anyone is interested in a trade. As stated, the brakes are M4, very good (though not new) condition - the front rotor is 200, the rear is 180.

    I am considering Juicy 7s and Saints, but am open to reasonable suggestions if anyone is interested. I should add that these will be replacing the craptastic Hayes on my DH bike, so DH oriented is definitely better.

    Josh
    What? Ok so you hate hayes which is good but you are going to keep the hayes and put those on your HT, right? Then whatever you trade your sweet ass Hopes for you are going to put them on the Mono? Is the correct?

    Just wanted to make sure I understand where you are going with this?

  15. #15
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Reputation: Godzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeandski
    What? Ok so you hate hayes which is good but you are going to keep the hayes and put those on your HT, right? Then whatever you trade your sweet ass Hopes for you are going to put them on the Mono? Is the correct?

    Just wanted to make sure I understand where you are going with this?
    Almost - I am going to sell my Hayes in the classifieds once I have another set for the Foes and buy a new pair *ahem* Code *cough* for the Endless - Why am I going about it this way? Not sure - it just seems like the thing to do, don't go trying to foul my plan with logic, Brent.
    Now with more vitriol!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •