Shoulda went faster

Living Vicariously Through Jr.

Went to the doctor today and got this not so pretty picture.
    xray.jpg
    Although it is healing I have to spend 3 more weeks constrained and 7 weeks till I get to ride.

Since I cannot ride I have to get my ride stoke through my son. Here are a few pics from tonight's pick me up!

Drop practice
    domdrop.jpg

Some roller action
    domroll.jpg

Down the trail he goes
    domtrail.jpg

A fitting end
    dompeak.jpg

Thanks for the pick me up buddy!

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Great pics (and one crappy one)! Your son is going to be joining us on the Inflexables rides soon! (just remember--the newbie always brings the beer...).

So what's the deal with your shoulder? Is it not healing as quickly as the doc wants it to, or is there something wrong with the way the bones were screwed together?

Angelfire in late September!!!

mtbr member

you may as well quit now...

he's gonna be waaay better than you in a year or two anyway, so just throw in the towel.

i hear bocce ball is nice.
    Last edited by gotdirt; 07-21-2008 at 09:00 PM.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

Shoulda went faster
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    Great pics (and one crappy one)! Your son is going to be joining us on the Inflexables rides soon! (just remember--the newbie always brings the beer...).

So what's the deal with your shoulder? Is it not healing as quickly as the doc wants it to, or is there something wrong with the way the bones were screwed together?

Angelfire in late September!!!
    Thanks - Dominic is really progressing this year.

As for the shoulder, my wife tells me I only hear what I want to hear - I heard sooner rather than later with regards to recovery time. The doctor tells me I did a good job of blowing up the bone. If you notice on the x-ray, there are three screws, what looks to be a gap, then another three screws. The gap is where they had to put a bone graft in to replace the chunk I blew out, the sideways screw is holding in another chunk of bone that blew out, so, he says if I want it to heal, I can't move it, especially not riding a bike!

You read my mind, Angel Fire will be all the downhilling I'll get this year.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Damn, sorry to hear your going to be laid up for so long. Heal Quick!!!

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

mtbr member
    Impressive set of pictures! All of them!! Thanks for sharing.

Looks like you are a splendid coach. Dominic will be able to hang with you pretty soon. Now, that will be cool. Father and son shredding the mountain together. Cannot wait to see that show.

Annemarie is facinated by the X-Ray. Guess so are the doctors. And certainly so am I. You sure did a 'nice' piece of work there. Dang! Please be patient and let it heal well. We all want to ride with you soon. Don't screw it.

Heal fast!
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That kid is getting some real skillz together!

Now with 20% more fat!!
    I hope some day I can ride as well as your son! Heal up and listen to that doctor... better to let it heal and get it right, than to have a nagging injury. With a little patience you'll be showing me how it's done again real soon! Fortunately, Dominic is a great substitute teacher.

Inflexable...
    Nomad rdr jr?

I wish I had sons instead of daughters sometimes! Very nice moves and I agree - he will be an inflexible some day!
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

Your retarded
    Whoa, he's progressing quickly. His form is looking really good too. I think his in air form is better than many experienced riders out there; certainly better than mine. Very cool to see you coaching him and getting to see him advance so quickly.

As for the clavicle, bummer. I was really hoping it would heal sooner than later. On the bright side for me, once you do come back I'll have about four weeks of riding with you before you're back to your old ways and I'll be riding behind you.

Lastly, posts like this are the highlight of MTBR.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Hairshirt Rider
    Kewl photos.

Quote Originally Posted by kchri

I wish I had sons instead of daughters sometimes!
    So do we. It usually isn't until about half way through the ride that you are able to shed the cloying vestiges of estrogen that follow you out of the house. All in all you've done a good job holding on to your man card.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Bummer your gonna miss most of the season Shawn but the fall is a great time of the year to ride, and Angel Fire in Sept sounds awesome, just no gap jumps

Your son is gonna be faster than you in 5 years

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Right on with the offspring! Bummer about the clav. I feel for you on that. I broke my hand at Crested Butte in June, took it easy, tried to get some rides in, the tried to ride at Snowmass and only made it worse after a few practice runs and I've been pissed off ever since. Being injured sucks....but you know that.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Slopestyle Rider
    Your boy has got some serious style... I mean that. He looks entirely natural and that is something you cannot teach. Awesome pics!

Shoulda went faster
    Thanks for all the good vibes. It's a bummer being injured but it's also been fun watching Dominic. He was eyeballing a bigger drop at the top of the fire road in Ute last night. I had to be the voice of reason and tell him not yet, he said "yes i know", but you could see the wheels turning. Someday I'll have to remind him that I used to wait on him when he leaves me in the dust.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    [QUOTE=kchri]Nomad rdr jr?

WOW!!! That's a weird comment . I know some VERY GOOD, in fact, GREAT girl bike riders.

Inflexable...
    [quote=Muff]
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri
    Nomad rdr jr?

WOW!!! That's a weird comment . I know some VERY GOOD, in fact, GREAT girl bike riders.
    Yeah, but you don't know my lazy daughters. Funny thing is they both are very good bike riders they just don't want to do anything physical. Hopefully when they get out of the teen years they'll gain some physical ambition. Myspace is more important right now...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    Awesome post Shawn.

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad rdr
    He was eyeballing a bigger drop at the top of the fire road in Ute last night. I had to be the voice of reason and tell him not yet, he said "yes i know", but you could see the wheels turning.
    When he thinks he's ready, be the first to cheer him on. My dad did that when I was making my way through the freestyle bmx ranks, and to this day it's something that we can look back on and enjoy. My dad used to give me encouragement, but never really pressured me hard to do a trick that I was really scared of. He'd push me until he knew I was uncomfortable and then let it go. My advice would be let him progress at his own pace with just a little bit of nudging from you. Enjoy these times.