MTB B'dos

A Little video from my visit to CO

I've wanted to post this ever since since it's quite funny, but with a good ending. Taken near the bottom of Young's Gulch Trail in the last tech/step section. I cleared it following El Beastro on his Teremoto and then thought it would be a good idea to try it again to get a pic. Well El Beastro figured out that my camera had video and wouldn't video be more fun and show it better than a still. He explained then that it had been so difficult for me first time down because I hadn't followed "the line", which he then explained to me and which he explained after I attempted did not get right once again, also my approach speed was too high for a XCish oriented 4" travel bike. Was fun, I didn't go OTB and have something to remember it by

One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Too busy looking good
    Thanks for sharing, and hope you enjoyed your visit to Colorado.

You give further evidence to the fact that MTBers everywhere are generally cool, down to earth folks who have a sense of humor and can laugh at themselves (and don't mind if others join in).

cheeseburger in paradise
    ride 'em cowboy! thanks for the laugh. I do something like that at least once a ride. That's a fun section of Young's too.

Thread Terrorist
    DOH! Glad you made it out without knocking the boys out.

another line on that trail: Straight down, more travel.

skillz to pay billz
    pretty graceful actually compared to my usual OTBs

Motion activated

The Sidi Shuffle

Some fancy foot work their Lynx! Nice save.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

MTB B'dos
    Hey Steve, you need to shoot me a PM with the rides and locations we did so I can accurately add it into my story Was some sweet stuff you took me on and I'd like to revist next time Next time though I'll be sporting some larger rubber and more stickE AND some different shoes - those F8cking Sidi's are only for racing and on smooth courses at that. Damn no grip what so ever as you witnessed when I had to dab in that stream and went down because they just slid out on the wet rocks also trying to hike a bike in Leadville.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Some fancy foot work their Lynx! Nice save.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Motion activated
    First ride was at Golden Gate Canyon State Park. We started at Bridge Creek Parking lot and hit up Burrow to Mt. Lion.

http://parks.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyre...ateArea203.pdf

Then we headed over to Evergreen and rode Alderfer and the Three Sisters trail.

We went up Evergreen East Trail to Summit Trail and back down the same way. Then we took Ranch View Trail/Wild Iris Loop/Silver Fox to the Sisters Trail.

http://www.jeffco.us/jeffco/openspac...3sis_12_06.pdf

Yes, next time bring some bigger stickier tires, but even more importantly, lower the saddle for the Mt. Lion trail Dang!

BTW how is the fork?

MTB B'dos
    Yeah I will mount up the Nevs next time, but I like the challenge of riding with my saddle at one height no matter how steep or tech it gets. I had to walk some stuff, but I managed to ride a lot and bigger, stickier tyres definitely would have help in that respect. Also I figure by the time I get back there RS would have released the 29er PIKE which will really balance the RIP out and be stiffer w/ adjustable travel.

Fork is working fine even with the big scratches on the stanchions. Once I got home I gave them alight sanding with some 600 grade wet sand to just smooth off the edges. Put about 300 miles on them since that lil incident and haven't seen any leaks.
    Yes, next time bring some bigger stickier tires, but even more importantly, lower the saddle for the Mt. Lion trail Dang!

BTW how is the fork?
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    but I like the challenge of riding with my saddle at one height no matter how steep or tech it gets. I had to walk some stuff, but I managed to ride a lot and bigger, stickier tyres definitely would have help in that respect. Also I figure by the time I get back there RS would have released the 29er PIKE which will really balance the RIP out and be stiffer w/ adjustable travel.

Fork is working fine even with the big scratches on the stanchions. Once I got home I gave them alight sanding with some 600 grade wet sand to just smooth off the edges. Put about 300 miles on them since that lil incident and haven't seen any leaks.
    Yeah a Pike & bigger tires on that bike would be sweet, but I still say you're crazy mofo for riding some of that stuff with the seat up!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (125.5 KB, 120 views)

MTB B'dos
    LMAO Well I can't say I haven't been called that before and just so no one thinks I'm a super stud and cleared what's in the pic I didn't, but I did attempt it - Steve however did attempt it and made it. After this weekends things should settle down and I can work on resizing the pics and posting up the whole shebang.

Yeah a Pike & bigger tires on that bike would be sweet, but I still say you're crazy mofo for riding some of that stuff with the seat up!
    Last edited by LyNx; 08-29-2007 at 07:55 AM.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

i can't type the letter s
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    LMAO Well I can't say I haven't been called that before and just so no one thinks I'm a super stud and cleared what's in the pic I didn't, but I did attempt it - Steve however did attempt it and made it.
    Ummm, maybe you should lower your seat then.

Nice video.

MTB B'dos
    I guess I could have, but then again I wouldn't improve if I constantly dropped my saddle for tech stuff, now would I.
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Ummm, maybe you should lower your seat then.

Nice video.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics