mtbr member

A Little of This....A Little of That...2.28.09

Have to love the Front Range of Colorado, especially this winter we are having. Regular snow in the mountains and dry trail in town......so I decided to double up yesterday, not a bad way to end February.

Day started up at Berthoud Pass......

After a couple laps there, headed back to Golden had some lunch then up Chimney....

Really love the Front Range.....

mtbr member
    Ya know, I moved here to snowboard, but being that I turn 30 this year, I've kind of topped out on my progression for that sport. I've just recently gotten real serious about mountain biking, and this winter has been the absolute best. I've been able to ride a few times a week every single week I think. It's helped my confidence a ton. I've still had 15 or so awesome powder days as well. I personally wouldn't live anywhere else. Looks like a great day!

mtbr member
    I live in Nor cal and really don't like the rain right now. I've been thinking of moving out there myself. Is it typical to be dry and snowy at the same time like that in Winter?
    "Chancho. When you are a man sometimes you wear stretchy pants... Its for fun..."

mtbr member
    I've been here for 5 years now, and this is the driest winter I can remember. That being said, this is the first year I've really paid attention as I've just really gotten serious about biking.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whason
    I live in Nor cal and really don't like the rain right now. I've been thinking of moving out there myself. Is it typical to be dry and snowy at the same time like that in Winter?
    Not as typical as it has been this winter, but I did ride dirt every month in 2008 and ride regular about 8 months of the year, while still being able to ski. The Front Range is pretty dry overall.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    That's funny. I started my Saturday at Berthoud and then ended up at a Dakota Ridge/Matthew Winters loop. We were the folks grilling out A-basin style in the parking lot at Berthoud.
    Cheers!
    -jon

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I just skied on Sunday. Way too tired after the tour to ride.

ridin dirtay
    Gotta love the Colorado Biathalon
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    Gotta love the Colorado Biathalon

For sure, especially finishing it off with a good beer. I have your avatar in the kegarator right now.....it is really enjoyable on tap.

Old, stale, negative
    [QUOTE=hitek79]Ya know, I moved here to snowboard, but being that I turn 30 this year, I've kind of topped out on my progression for that sport.

Same for me, I took up tele skis this year and have fallen for winter again. It's good to have something to do no matter what the weather. Whatever you ride, have fun.

ridin dirtay
    Quote Originally Posted by hitek79
    Ya know, I moved here to snowboard, but being that I turn 30 this year, I've kind of topped out on my progression for that sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by bstrick
    Same for me.
    you guys need to try a different stace, different board... different hill. Challenge yourself a bit
    I managed to improve some skillz this year, after 15 seasons

ridin dirtay
    Quote Originally Posted by steadyflow
    For sure, especially finishing it off with a good beer. I have your avatar in the kegarator right now.....it is really enjoyable on tap.

It is DAM good on tap. I used to guzzle that stuff when I lived in Bend and rode Mt Bachelor everyday

I'll be over later

mtbr member
    Yeah, I think I'm going to take up skiing next year.

I can make it down any run on a snowboard, and don't have any interests in learning to do tricks, so I just don't see where the improvement would come from. Learning something entirely new would keep me motivated more. Don't get me wrong, I can't turn down a powder day, but unless the conditions are superb, I'd rather stay in town and mountain bike.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Spring time/early summer is my favorite. there have been a bunch of times when we get up at 5:00am, climb and ski a peak, get in the car and go to BV/Salida to paddle the Arkansas, then finish it off with a couple hour mountian bike ride before the sun goes down at 8:00.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    It is DAM good on tap. I used to guzzle that stuff when I lived in Bend and rode Mt Bachelor everyday

I'll be over later
    That would be the place.....how was living in Bend?

I also enjoy the Black Butte Porter...Yard House has almost all of the Deschutes on tap.

ridin dirtay
    Quote Originally Posted by steadyflow
    That would be the place.....how was living in Bend?

I also enjoy the Black Butte Porter...Yard House has almost all of the Deschutes on tap.
    Bend was interesting, but in a good way. Relaxed... Not nearly as liberal as Boulder, and not nearly as crowded either. Certainly some characters in the area though
    Good mountains (not CO quality though) ....Snow season, then smoke season.
    Working on a rez was quite humbling

Coming back to the homeland and seeing Deschutes spreading was pretty darn cool.
    I like Full Sail out of Hood River as well.
    Both are a bit cheaper than some of the local brews here, go figure

Last edited by WKD-RDR; 03-03-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: added pic, more beer talk