Thread: Lily Mountain?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Lily Mountain?

Anyone familiar with Lily Mountain? I was in CO about 10 years ago, and dug up an old picture I took on a trail, and have it labeled as "possibly Lily Mountain".

that's the pic, and it's not all the way to the top of where I went. Anyone have any ideas if that's the correct label, where the picture might be, and where Lily Mountain is? I was in both the Red Rock and Estes Park area, if that helps any.

Thanks!!

wish I still had that bike. :| Only a Trek 6500, but I still would love to have it back.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Looks like Estes

The terrain definitely looks like Estes. Maybe Lumpy Ridge in the background. There is a Lily Mountain next to Lily Lake south of town off Hwy 7.

holding back the darkness
    bingo.
    **** censorship

mtbr member

Lily Mtn. -yep

That looks like Lily Mtn. to me, off of Hwy.7 (Estes Park to Allenspark) with the Twin Sisters in the background.

The Lily Mtn. trail is a relatively short one on Forest Service land. Not great riding terrain (not long enough), but there is some good stuff east of there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnboi68
    Not great riding terrain...
    that's how I remember it. But at that time I wasn't a great technical rider, and terribly out of shape, so anything was difficult.