mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Lift Served XC/All Mountain

Hi All,

I have 1-2 days to kill in the boulder/nederland area coming up. I won't have my bike with me, but I would like to find some cool mtn biking while I'm there. The hitch is that we will be so beat from the prior week of adventure activity that I think long grueling uphill grinds are out of the question. So I'm thinking that some lift served mtn biking with rentals is in order.

Any recommendations for where to do this? Searching the forum has led me to Keystone and Winterpark. Although I guess my worry about Keystone is that it may be closed for rennovations when we're there (8/23 and 8/24).

The thing is that we're definitely not hard core park/stunt guys, so we're not looking for big drops, ramps, etc. Just a lift to get us up and long, fun, flowy, naturally steep and/or challenging runs. The other thing I'm hoping to avoid is spending 3/4 figuring out what trails not to ride.

Any tips, suggestions, recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    ote

mtbr member
    Sol Vista has a few that would fit that bill pretty well. Never been to another park to compare though.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    There are lots of XC trails around Winter Park and Keystone that you could access from the top of the lift. Winter Park is probably a better bet. You can also go up to Breckenridge or even Aspen, Government Trail from Snow Mass into Aspen is spectacular.

_MK

My leg feels funny
    I rode all the greens/blues on my 6" Giant Reign last year and my friends were on GIant Anthems (3.5?) with no problems. Winter park has plenty of greens/blues and the one blue I rode down (Cheyenne) was really flowy.

Thread Terrorist
    Keystone, Winter Park or Sol Vista will be the treat.

mtbr member

Sol Vista!

Cant go wrong there bro> you can demo some sick rigs there as well
    The best trails are STILL...

www.breckepic.com
    http://mavsports.com/

mtbr member
    From what you just said, do Winter Park. You'd probably get bored with Sol Vista quick if you don't do any jumps or drops. WP has those long, flowy trails you're looking for. Even the black trails can be ridden on a 4" travel bike so no need to worry about the trails you can't/don't want to do.

If you want to experience something else, and do some great runs that will progress your riding ability, go to SV.
    Biker? I don't even know her.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SylentK
    From what you just said, do Winter Park. You'd probably get bored with Sol Vista quick if you don't do any jumps or drops. WP has those long, flowy trails you're looking for. Even the black trails can be ridden on a 4" travel bike so no need to worry about the trails you can't/don't want to do.

If you want to experience something else, and do some great runs that will progress your riding ability, go to SV.
    Agreed! You will find just what you want at WP.
    Join IMBA!