Results 1 to 40 of 40
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jugdish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,240

    Let's Go Broncos!!

    C'mon ya bunch of skinny, spandex wearin', two wheel ridin' Coloradans!! Let's hear it!!

    Hope PFM owns it today!

    Where you watchin'?

    What are you cookin'?

    Drinkin'?
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,942
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
    C'mon ya bunch of skinny, spandex wearin', two wheel ridin' Coloradans!! Let's hear it!!

    Hope PFM owns it today!

    Where you watchin'?

    What are you cookin'?

    Drinkin'?
    Watching from on top my trainer in front of the toob.
    Burgers.
    Avery New World Porter.

    The better team won. Flacco is the real deal. PM looked old and tired at the end, Flacco looked young and strong. Rookie kicker nailin' it in the second overtime? That makes it 31 of 34 field goals for him this year. That's how you win.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smmokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,239
    The better team didn't win... but the team that played better won.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    465
    That was painful to watch.
    It's not how old I am, it's how old I feel - Minor Threat

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    939
    Dont blame PM.. defense lost that one

  6. #6
    Almost Human
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,580

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Watching from on top my trainer in front of the toob.
    Burgers.
    Avery New World Porter.

    The better team won. Flacco is the real deal. PM looked old and tired at the end, Flacco looked young and strong. Rookie kicker nailin' it in the second overtime? That makes it 31 of 34 field goals for him this year. That's how you win.
    Tebow is available. :0

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    465
    How the hell do you allow that 70 plus yard pass with 38 seconds left? Seriously?
    It's not how old I am, it's how old I feel - Minor Threat

  8. #8
    Total Goober
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    909
    This is why I wear a John Lynch jersey. He made absolutely no errors in the game today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jugdish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,240
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    That was painful to watch.

    .....
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    That was painful to watch.
    More painful being there watching it, The defense let flacco look like montana, they must of been looking past to next week with NE. Great game but only one team showed up.

  11. #11
    650b me
    Reputation: golden boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,347
    Big-time choke. At the end of regulation, they played not to lose instead of to win. Terrible play calling. Three runs and a punt, when all they needed was one more first down and it's game over. What the hell was that? Broncos deserved to lose.

    Gotta wonder how much longer Manning and Bailey can play. They both looked old yesterday.

  12. #12
    I did it all for the kudo
    Reputation: Short Bus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,285
    That game made my heart hurt!!! ):

    Personally I think the temperature was the great equalizer last night...

    Giving much props to the Broncos on a great season and I am already looking forward to next season.

  13. #13
    Ride Like the Wind
    Reputation: steve32300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    99

    Woudl have won in nice(er) wether

    With ya on the cold theory shortbus,manning is not good in the cold especially in playoff cold and it showed yesterday.Ray Lewis stuffed up the middle and the other guys stuffed up the outside when Manning couldnt throw the longer balls in the cold.QB cant run at all either and we got running backs that couldnt run against Ray Lewis and his deffense.Just imagine what would of happend if we didnt get those two kick returns for TD's,would have been over by halftime instead of 2 OT's.....

    On the other hand though,it was exceptionally awsome to be at the stadium when we DID score on those kick returns,that stadium came UNGLUED and that in itself was quite an experience....
    Last edited by steve32300; 01-13-2013 at 09:02 AM. Reason: forgot title

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by golden boy View Post
    Big-time choke. At the end of regulation, they played not to lose instead of to win. Terrible play calling. Three runs and a punt, when all they needed was one more first down and it's game over. What the hell was that? Broncos deserved to lose.

    Gotta wonder how much longer Manning and Bailey can play. They both looked old yesterday.
    Bingo! 3rd and 7 and you don't trust PFM to get you that 7??? C'mon.
    It's not how old I am, it's how old I feel - Minor Threat

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: keith-stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27
    Broncos first draft pick needs to be a new corner...Bailey is old.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    Bingo! 3rd and 7 and you don't trust PFM to get you that 7??? C'mon.
    Nobody showed up on broncos except for special teams, why the f is bailey covering the fastest receiver he should be covering boldin and harris or carter should have been covering smith, bad play and bad coaching did in this season(no excuses) if they played again denver would smoke them just didn't show up. And agreed with the 3rd and 7 and also at end of game with 30 seconds left and 2 time outs and you down it. Fox had some awful play calling. If he does that next year he will be gone.

  17. #17
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    Bingo! 3rd and 7 and you don't trust PFM to get you that 7??? C'mon.
    Yup, and they had their 3rd string RB in there with Moreno out, Manning musta just been off cause the passing game was shut down in the 2nd half.

    And why the hell didn't the defense get better pass rush? The TD pass at the end of regulation was pathetic, they had 6 def backs in for that play and the guy was WIDE OPEN.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,942
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder View Post
    Yup, and they had their 3rd string RB in there with Moreno out, Manning musta just been off cause the passing game was shut down in the 2nd half.

    And why the hell didn't the defense get better pass rush? The TD pass at the end of regulation was pathetic, they had 6 def backs in for that play and the guy was WIDE OPEN.
    In practice I bet our DBs don't usually backpedal 70 yards to cover somebody. After 50 yards or so they were probably thinking, that's it, that's all the farther back I need to be 'cause nobody can throw it accurately that far. Wrong. Ya know, Flacco didn't HAVE to toss it 70 yards right on the money. That receiver didn't HAVE to catch it cleanly. A lot of things went right for the Ravens on that play and everything went wrong for us. And so it goes.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  19. #19
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    A lot of things went right for the Ravens on that play and everything went wrong for us. And so it goes.
    You nailed it, there were a handful of plays that went the Ravens way that would of won the game for us, how bout Prater missing that FG cause he hit the ground before the ball? He would normally hit that 99 times out of a 100, he hits that and we win in regulation.

    After their season tho they had to be devastated, I'm rooting for Houston today, F the Patriots!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    429
    Excuses excuses. They got beat. Both teams played a good game. Both teams took advantage of their opponents' mistakes. The better team won.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,942
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder View Post
    You nailed it, there were a handful of plays that went the Ravens way that would of won the game for us, how bout Prater missing that FG cause he hit the ground before the ball? He would normally hit that 99 times out of a 100, he hits that and we win in regulation.

    After their season tho they had to be devastated, I'm rooting for Houston today, F the Patriots!
    I can think of others. The way that Raven's receiver jumped up and over in full stride to CATCH that long Flacco pass over Bailey? Then scores? What an athlete.

    The rookie kicker freezing on the sidelines then "cooly" nailing the 47 yarder to win? He didn't HAVE to hit that field goal but he did. Prater missing like he did is so unbelievable as to be almost fantasyland bad. Then when Manning started running away from the rush I just knew something bad was gonna happen and sure enough he uncharacteristically tries to toss it while running for his life---for an interception.

    Also--yes, Manning is a legend but---all that gobbledegoop he spouts at the line, audible-ing and audible-ing and directing traffic nonstop then just executes some play. Flacco gets up to the line, the ball is hiked, he's just as accurate, makes just as many good decisions and can throw it 70 yards if he has to. First time I ever seen him play.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    I can think of others. The way that Raven's receiver jumped up and over in full stride to CATCH that long Flacco pass over Bailey? Then scores? What an athlete.

    The rookie kicker freezing on the sidelines then "cooly" nailing the 47 yarder to win? He didn't HAVE to hit that field goal but he did. Prater missing like he did is so unbelievable as to be almost fantasyland bad. Then when Manning started running away from the rush I just knew something bad was gonna happen and sure enough he uncharacteristically tries to toss it while running for his life---for an interception.

    Also--yes, Manning is a legend but---all that gobbledegoop he spouts at the line, audible-ing and audible-ing and directing traffic nonstop then just executes some play. Flacco gets up to the line, the ball is hiked, he's just as accurate, makes just as many good decisions and can throw it 70 yards if he has to. First time I ever seen him play.
    Gobbledegoop at the line?? Really?? That is exactly what makes him so dangerous. Watch the db's play 6-7 yards off not because of good receivers. But because pm is so dangerous. This game isn't his fault. It's poor defense. The ravens walked the field pretty well minus the beginning of the fourth quarter. They shut them down for 5-6 minutes.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB. View Post
    Excuses excuses. They got beat. Both teams played a good game. Both teams took advantage of their opponents' mistakes. The better team won.
    Not excuses , just observations. Let us at least have that. I don't think anyone would argue that if both teams played their best game, broncos win. Ravens were the better team that day.
    It's not how old I am, it's how old I feel - Minor Threat

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    Not excuses , just observations. Let us at least have that. I don't think anyone would argue that if both teams played their best game, broncos win. Ravens were the better team that day.
    Well put

  25. #25
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB. View Post
    ....."Both teams took advantage of their opponents' mistakes."
    *Broncos- 3 turnovers=17pts for Ravens
    *Ravens- 1 turnover= 0 pts for Broncos

    That and the crappy defensive play is the story of the game, but beating a dead horse I know. The SB is gonna be a yawner with the teams left

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    429
    Good defensive play leads to turnovers just as much as poor offensive play. Every article I see is taking credit away from the Ravens and putting it on "mistakes" made by the Broncos. The 'birds played well and beat the Broncos. Period. Corey Graham was sniffing out that play during the entire game and he finally made it happen at the most opportune time.

  27. #27
    Bad Andy!
    Reputation: GIANTkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    383
    The mistakes by the Broncos definitely lost the game.
    Yes, the Ravens played good, maybe even great. Some of those catches with Denver's D's hands right in there were pretty impressive.
    But - - -
    3 penalties on Kuper - mistakes.
    Prater, missed FG - hitting foot on ground 1st = mistake.
    Champs misplays = mistakes.
    Moore's clueless play on the long TD pass at the end = mistake. (Possibly the worst play by a safety I have ever seen).
    And - Manning's throw back to the left while rolling right to a guy not even close to open - mistake. This was not a great play by the DB, just good coverage. Even a rookie QB knows not to throw that ball there.
    The Ravens did play well.
    But you gotta admit, the Broncos played bad.

  28. #28
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    The first turnover for TD return was interference, the ref's blew several calls in the first half. The other 2 turnovers I agree with you, but again, if they get the call right on the first turnover, Broncos win.

    I do hope the Ravens beat the Partiots, doubtful tho as the Patriots don't turn the ball over

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,395
    Worst. Football. Weekend. Ever.

    For me, anyway, as far as results. Every single team I wanted to win, lost. Great games, bad outcomes.

    I watched the Broncos-Ravens game end-to-end, the first game I have watched all year that way. When Flacco stepped up to take the snap at the end of regulation, I said out loud that the only way the Ravens would win was a Hail Mary. Flacco throws THE PASS, and my non-football savvy teenaged daughter who was sitting next to me looked up from her book and said "Hey Dad, was that a Hail Mary?"

    Yes girl, that was.

    I'm not a huge Broncos fan, or even football fan, but man, that play is going to haunt a lot of people for a long, long time. As well as about a dozen other plays. It was like &deity had it in for the Broncos.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    452
    honestly I don't care much about football and will ride my bike every sunday that i can, but it was fun to watch the home team in the playoffs and it was an exciting game.

    The most glaring thing that I saw beside the Broncos really not playing well and the Ravens playing their best game of the year was that the officials were really bad. They blew quite a few calls throughout the game. Two reviews I believe they got wrong. The one pass interference on Bailey near the end was criminal.. the weird long pause on the fumble/non fumble that was nullified by the Ravens penalty and then didn't know where to place the ball? and then they placed it wrong. There were others too that went against the Ravens too.. it was just poor all around.

    You really do have to wonder if the week off just threw them off, they were so go for so long and they just made so many mistakes, offensively and defensively. However, if you told me the Broncos would score 35 I would have bet my bank account they would have won, easily. The defense simply sucked.

  31. #31
    Goofing off?
    Reputation: Intenserider2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    441
    Here is what I told my co-worker why we lost:

    1. Week off. They were def out of rhythm.
    2. Underestimation. Broncos thought they had it but the Ravens wanted it more. And took it.
    3. Couple bad calls by the refs. This only adds icing to the cake, not a determining factor.
    4. No real sacks for Von or Elvis. Elvis was off sides TWICE!!!
    5. NOT changing up the defense. When Champ gets smoked twice in the first half, something isnít right. Change it. Would you go to the same mechanic a 3rd time if he ****ed up the first 2 visits?
    6. Giving up the last 30 seconds in the first half. That could have been a touchdown. It was for the Ravens Ė several times. Just knowing you receive the kickoff in the 3rd quarter isnít good enough. Sounds like procrastination. If a salesman had a confirmed sale for Friday should he not sell for Tuesday and Wednesday as well?
    7. NOT striving for a first down at the very end. Running for 2 yards isnít gonna cut it. We have one of the best quarterback money can buy. Couldnít throw a 5-6 yard pass without an interception? If we got the first down, we could of ran out the clock and won.
    8. End of 4th quarter we gave them the ball hoping our defense could stop them. AKA: PUTTING IT IN THE HANDS OF THEIR OFFENCE (which had already proved they could make long passes and beat our DEFENSE)

  32. #32
    Almost Human
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,580

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vespasianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTrail View Post
    Dude, that is low, just low.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    452
    at the end of the day, no matter what you think of ole Tebow, he has one more playoff win as a Bronco Quartback than Peyton Manning, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton all combined..

    Honestly though, between Tebow and Manning there has been tons and tons more media attention on the Broncos in the last two years than the previous 12...

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    824
    Just a matter of time b4 the Tebow kooks come out of the woodwork. Oh wait...

  36. #36
    I did it all for the kudo
    Reputation: Short Bus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,285
    Thought this one was funny.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's Go Broncos!!-manning-pic.jpg  


  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DenVen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    56

    Von Miller for President

    How Sweet it is
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Triber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    73
    ^Play of the game!!!
    Ride yer bike, drink your beer, and keep it hid

  39. #39
    friend of Apex
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,901
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  40. #40
    <100%
    Reputation: JackJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    675
    We called that a "waggle" and decided that even if others joined in it would not constitute excessive celebration.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •