mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Let's get Stoned! Stone beer that is

I'm down in the Riverfront area today and there's this truck with Stone Ruination written all over it. My kind of truck!
    Guy was offloading/picking up empty kegs, some of which were Boulevard. But mostly Stone. He showed me this new "collaboration" brew---13%!!

These are uploaded using mtbr's uploader so...whatever.

Let's get Stoned!  Stone beer that is-1-dsc_2239.jpgLet's get Stoned!  Stone beer that is-2-dsc_2240.jpgLet's get Stoned!  Stone beer that is-3-dsc_2241.jpgLet's get Stoned!  Stone beer that is-4-dsc_2242.jpgLet's get Stoned!  Stone beer that is-5-dsc_2244.jpgLet's get Stoned!  Stone beer that is-6-dsc_2246.jpgLet's get Stoned!  Stone beer that is-7-dsc_2250.jpgLet's get Stoned!  Stone beer that is-8-dsc_2251.jpg
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Did you get a sample?

Twin Six METAL Team
    Love Stone! Their IPA is my go-to beer, but Ruination and Self Righteous are damn good too! If you ever see their Enjoy By or Daymun Coffee IPA on tap or in the store in a bomber, get it! You won't be sorry!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    xcguy, you should go to the Stone World Bistro and Gardens if you ever make it to San Diego. I think your memory card might explode Seriously one of the coolest breweries I've ever been to, and I've seen a lot.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bipolarbear View Post
    xcguy, you should go to the Stone World Bistro and Gardens if you ever make it to San Diego. I think your memory card might explode Seriously one of the coolest breweries I've ever been to, and I've seen a lot.
    I'm booking a flight right now. I used to live in San Diego, back before the days of craft beer.

I was in Superior Liquors when the latest "Enjoy by..." (at the time) came out. Guy was filling his shopping cart with it. Literally.
    I might have to buy a bomber of the 13% brew in the pics above, just to see what they came up with.
    Last edited by xcguy; 07-20-2013 at 03:55 PM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Re: Let's get Stoned! Stone beer that is

Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    I'm booking a flight right now. I used to live in San Diego, back before the days of craft beer.

I was in Superior Liquors when the latest "Enjoy by..." came out. Guy was filling his shopping cart with it. Literally.
    I might have to buy a bomber of the 13% brew in the pics above, just to see what they came up with.
    Then check out Lost Abbey too. Just down the street from Stone, in Stone's old brewery. Also a cool spot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Stone "Enjoy by IPA" is amazing. $9.00 bombers at Applejack, a few other places. They brew it not to last more than a few weeks. Prolly the freshest beer you'll drink from a bottle. Tastes so much better than their standard IPA which is damn good to begin with.

"We're only bike terrorists, 5:30, second Friday, Berkley BART" -Jeff Ott, fifteen

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Just kidding about the flight. I was in Total Bev in Westminster (92nd St) just now and they had both the WootStout and "Enjoy By...8-2-2013". I got the "Enjoy By" for $7.48 but the WootStout was $9.48 which sounds like the price of a decent 1.5L of some Australian Shiraz to me.

Let's get Stoned!  Stone beer that is-1-dsc_2461.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rmalling View Post
    Stone "Enjoy by IPA" is amazing. $9.00 bombers at Applejack, a few other places. They brew it not to last more than a few weeks. Prolly the freshest beer you'll drink from a bottle. Tastes so much better than their standard IPA which is damn good to begin with.
    I was shooting inside Breckenridge's brewery on Kalamath awhile ago. I kept refusing offers of brews (because I don't drink and drive) then a worker there pulled an unlabeled bottle off the assembly line and handed it to me. "It doesn't get any fresher than this". No shite. I asked what it was, no label and all. He shrugged his shoulders. I said, OK, pour this into a glass so I can get a pic of it and I'll have a sip or two. Turned out to be Vanilla Porter (at 5% I could still drive) and I swear it was almost a religious experience, being so fresh and all, those two sips.