Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TaS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Lesson Learned Traveling 285 to Buffalo Creek

Kitchen pass in hand, bike and gear in the truck, I was off to Buffalo Creek Saturday morning. It is about an hours drive from the house in HR to the Pine Valley parking lot. Trying to mazimize my ride time vs drive time I was traveling a little too quickly on 285 based on the opinion of the Morrison Police Dept.

Lesson learned; stick to 45mph on 285, it is an hour and 15 minutes to the parking lot, and the city of Morrison has seen the remainder of my business for the next few years.

In the end I still had a great ride in BC and will most likely take this comming Friday off work to ride again.

Drive smart and

Have a Day

Tom

!Vamos, flaco!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaS
    ... the city of Morrison has seen the remainder of my business for the next few years.
    The audacity of enforcing the rules!
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yep, 285 is a money maker for local "law" enforcement. I had a close call a few years ago and learned my lesson.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    45?
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

not actually bad :)
    A couple more PSAs for those that don't know.
    Many times there is an officer with radar in the Stegosaurus lot (across from Matthews/Winters main lot) on HW 26 waiting for the unsuspecting, as the speed limit drops from 50 to 35 headed north on 26.
    My wife would also attest not to drive 20MPH over the 50 MPH limit going south on HW40 towards I70 (between Heritage Square and the TRex lot).

Old Codger

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Fish in a barrel for those guys at that corner. A new sign was just installed in the last few weeks that says "45 mph speed zone ahead" just before the blind corner where the actual 45 mph starts. It was really unfair before that because you come around the corner at the posted 50 mph and then all of a sudden it changes to 45 mph with no warning and the Morrison PD is hanging out. They'll still get a good catch, but at least now it's signed.

Don't let your guard down though, beyond the canyon 285 is littered with CSP and jeffco.

Cruise control all the way.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Those turds are always lurking about in the tight section near The Fort - I wonder if that was you we passed on our way to PV. I've been in Morrison traffic court before, my ticket was legitimate, but I watched them rake people over the coals for doing 28mph in the 25, when the 35mph sign was visible. After watching that circus, you'd have a pretty hard time convincing me that it's not strictly a money maker for them. I drive that way every day, and I avoid those leeches like, well... leeches.
    Now with more vitriol!

Rigid in Evergreen
    You impatient city folk keep on keepin' our taxes low!

-Mountain Folk

Stiff yet compliant
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs
    The audacity of enforcing the rules!
    When traffic law enforcement is (IMO) increasingly used as a mere revenue generating tool by cash strapped municipalities that can't or won't raise taxes. It makes it difficult to be respectful.

Living the High Life
    Also a heads up in Denver, they have those camera out that snap a pic and they mail you the ticket. Its a cop sitting in a van so they move then from area to area.

When you get the ticket it says "no points" Probably encouraging you to just pay the fine and not fight it. Obviously a money maker. I bet one cop in a van cranks dozens of tickets daily like that.

But some one got a ticket for 3 mph over? Really, 28 in a 25? WTF, a speedometer could be off by a few mph.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

!Vamos, flaco!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moustache rider
    When traffic law enforcement is (IMO) increasingly used as a mere revenue generating tool by cash strapped municipalities that can't or won't raise taxes. It makes it difficult to be respectful.
    I get speeding tickets at times and it sucks. However, at least in my experience, I wouldn't have gotten them if I hadn't been speeding. I broke a valid rule, so I pay the penalty. If I really didn't like the rule, I could try to change it. There are reasons for speeding laws other than revenue generation, such as safety and the nebulous public welfare. Maybe municipalities should raise taxes and improve their revenue structures, but that doesn't somehow justify speeding.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

Rigid in Evergreen
    Denver is pretty nasty about the revenue generating cameras.

Last year I was in bumper to bumper traffic, moving very slowly (half the posted speed limit)... light turns yellow... NO chance to make it through the light safely, much less without blocking the intersection waiting for the cars in front me to move, so I hit the brakes and stopped. My front wheels were over the white line, but still well behind the cross walk... the pricks still mailed me a ticket.

Dude...
    I feel your pain. Probably hadn't had a ticket in 10 years, but got one on the curves going up 285 to Buffalo Creek about three Saturdays ago. I guess I should have been following the rules like Pabs says , but when in traffic, and going with the flow, and chatting with my buddies, I hadn't noticed I was being such a rule breaker. When I got pulled over I honestly didn't even know why. Oh well.

TaS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs
    I get speeding tickets at times and it sucks. However, at least in my experience, I wouldn't have gotten them if I hadn't been speeding. I broke a valid rule, .........................
    I only posted to give a friendly reminder that once one gets onto 285 into the foothills, make yourself aware of your speed as the cities and counties are watching it for you.

Pabs-

I am of the opinion that the City of Morrison is capitalizing on a situation. As to the validity of the posted speed, we could try and see how many speeding tickets are issued between a series of mile markers on 285 within the jurisdiction of the City of Morrison and compare it to a similar stretch on the highway say from 470 to Highway 8 where the conditions and speeds are similar and compare numbers. I would imagine that based on the numbers the posted speed in the favored speedtrap area should be reviewed.

http://xenon.arcticus.com/gis-and-fl...gerrymandering

Have a Day

Tom

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

it's a shame really

Speed traps everywhere. Used to be CO was a fun place to drive. Hardly anyone cared. On the freeways that is still the case to some extent, but the local municipalities are becoming police states with cops and cameras everywhere. In 2010 Boulder issued 30,000 citations between the live cops and photo radar/red light. There are about 100k people living in the city, so about 30% of the population got one, you could say. Meanwhile, we've got hate crimes, robberies and murders being committed by people on foot.

Rigid in Evergreen
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy
    Speed traps everywhere. Used to be CO was a fun place to drive. Hardly anyone cared. On the freeways that is still the case to some extent, but the local municipalities are becoming police states with cops and cameras everywhere. In 2010 Boulder issued 30,000 citations between the live cops and photo radar/red light. There are about 100k people living in the city, so about 30% of the population got one, you could say. Meanwhile, we've got hate crimes, robberies and murders being committed by people on foot.

Not to mention bike thieves are running rampant.

holding back the darkness
    I got a ticket about a quarter mile Denver-bound out of the DIA parking tollbooth.
    $165. If I don't fight it it gets knocked down to a "defective vehicle" ticket and no points.

There're out for your money.
    **** censorship

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    I got a ticket about a quarter mile Denver-bound out of the DIA parking tollbooth.
    $165. If I don't fight it it gets knocked down to a "defective vehicle" ticket and no points.

Fort Collins is the same way. I got a ticket for 49 in a 40. Funny thing is, I was pulling out of a parking lot into traffic & hit the gas to get up to speed. Cop was going the other way in traffic & hit the lights immediately & pulled an illegal u-turn, in traffic, to get me. When I looked down at my speedo I was doing about 45 (no faster than traffic). Ticket said if I paid by a certain date & did not contest, 0 points. pay after the date, or appear in court, 1 point.

All about the Benjamins, all $125.00 of em

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver

The DPD is always out speed trapping around DIA.

On Monday mornings, they will sit just over the hill as you come into the West side parking areas and get one person after the next. The speed limit is 35mph and people are always zooming by as they are probably running late.

I've also been told they often speed trap right off 470 on the exit ramp where it drops from 70 to 35 pretty abruptly.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Maybe so, but all you have to do is be the first one on the scene of a few bloody car crashes where speeding was a factor to understand speeding isn't the innocent fun, victimless crime that many like to portray it as. Of course there's always lots of variables, but it always amuses me how many people (almost always young men) seem to think they have some intrinsic right to speed, run lights or stop signs, drive aggro and get all indignant when they get busted.

Respect the traffic laws, even though you think you know what's better, especially in urban areas and chances are very good you'll not get a ticket.

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm
    but it always amuses me how many people (almost always young men) seem to think they have some intrinsic right to speed, run lights or stop signs, drive aggro and get all indignant when they get busted.

Respect the traffic laws, even though you think you know what's better, especially in urban areas and chances are very good you'll not get a ticket.

And it must be that the old fogeys think they have the right of to tell them how wrong they are.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    And it must be that the old fogeys think they have the right of to tell them how wrong they are.
    As long as they slow the hell down, turn down that damn noise ("music"), and stay the hell off my lawn we'll be OK. Otherwise I'll have to whap them over the head with my cane.
    Last edited by zrm; 05-09-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Chronic 1st-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by mateomtb
    Cruise control all the way.

I thought I was the only one in the state that still drove the speed limit (especially on that stretch of 285)
    Trailwrecker at large

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lubes17319

I thought I was the only one in the state that still drove the speed limit (especially on that stretch of 285)
    A good part of the reason I keep pretty close to the speed limit, don't run stops, etc is I like having a 100% clean driving record. Makes insurance a lot cheaper and money spent on tickets is money that could be spent on bikes.

Oh, So Interesting!
    My only speeding ticket in over 10 years was on rt. 6 between Golden and Idaho Springs. I have driven that road literally hundreds of times and they are getting a lot more aggressive enforcing speeding there too.

Oh and BTW... radar detectors are awesome. Most pigs are too lazy to turn their radar on and off and you get a warning well before you see them. It usually detects laser before I'm hit if there's traffic in front of me, but that's not always the case and instant-on radar can screw you too, but if you understand radar detector's limitations they really do help. In CO, they only use Ka band, which isn't shared by other devices so you can turn X and K band off and never get false alarms, although photo radar is K... I leave it off and don't speed in town, it doesn't really get you there faster anyway.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by topmounter

Last year I was in bumper to bumper traffic, moving very slowly (half the posted speed limit)... light turns yellow... NO chance to make it through the light safely, much less without blocking the intersection waiting for the cars in front me to move, so I hit the brakes and stopped. My front wheels were over the white line, but still well behind the cross walk... the pricks still mailed me a ticket.
    Got one of those in the mail on Saturday.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I got two speeding tickets in a year a few years ago so I made it a point to do the speed limit everywhere (while impatient drivers impatiently jerked into the left lane to impatiently speed by me).

Lately my speed is creeping up up up. When I come up on someone in the right lane and have to slow down I check my speedometer. Usually, not always, they're doing the speed limit. I figure if I just stay behind them I can't get a ticket. As all the other drivers impatiently jerk into the left lane then....

Rigid in Evergreen
    Quote Originally Posted by tcookson
    Got one of those in the mail on Saturday.

Of course now when I venture into Denver, I stop at green lights until the intersection clears and sprint through... I'm sure it is only a matter of time before some clown rear ends me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Of course now when I venture into Denver, I stop at green lights until the intersection clears and sprint through... I'm sure it is only a matter of time before some clown rear ends me.
    Except for the sprinting part, that's how you're supposed to do it...if you can't make it through the intersection (ESPECIALLY in bumper to bumper traffic), don't start. But based on how many intersections I see blocked routinely (and I mean actually blocked), I assume most people don't know this.

Or assume this rule is for "others"....

killin clear creek
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113
    My only speeding ticket in over 10 years was on rt. 6 between Golden and Idaho Springs. I have driven that road literally hundreds of times and they are getting a lot more aggressive enforcing speeding there too.

Oh and BTW... radar detectors are awesome. Most pigs are too lazy to turn their radar on and off and you get a warning well before you see them. It usually detects laser before I'm hit if there's traffic in front of me, but that's not always the case and instant-on radar can screw you too, but if you understand radar detector's limitations they really do help. In CO, they only use Ka band, which isn't shared by other devices so you can turn X and K band off and never get false alarms, although photo radar is K... I leave it off and don't speed in town, it doesn't really get you there faster anyway.
    Summit county uses K band & so do about 1/2 the Clear Creek guys. Also, Idaho Springs PD (you know... the jerks parked on the 103 bridge...) uses it.

100+ miles a day... the radar detector has saved my bacon many times, but the smarter CSP guys sit in blind corners & only hit the obvious speeders, so you've always got to be vigilant.

People driving the speed limit are a damn nuisance.
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by backcountryislife

People driving the speed limit are a damn nuisance.
    Preach it. I've never understood people who tout their strict adherence to arbitrary rules like it's some badge of honor. D@mned sheep.

Flame away.
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

detector ?

Does a good detector work? And what about laser detection? I assume you might get a warning if they are hitting other cars with laser befor they hit you. Seems like to 2 most common kinds are laser from a vantage point, like the top of a hill, or radar while the police are driving in the opposite direction. Would you recommend a model detector?

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    (while impatient drivers impatiently jerked into the left lane to impatiently speed by me).
    This statement cannot be true, as no one in Colorado seems to drive in the right lane when they are going the speed limit. Most like to be in the left lane, driving the exact speed as the person in the right lane they are driving next to.

killin clear creek
    Does a good detector work? And what about laser detection? I assume you might get a warning if they are hitting other cars with laser befor they hit you. Seems like to 2 most common kinds are laser from a vantage point, like the top of a hill, or radar while the police are driving in the opposite direction. Would you recommend a model detector?
    it's not infallible, but it'll save you about 1/3 of the time in my experience if you weren't paying attention.

The bridge by the cabrini shrine has CSP shooting laser all the time, I usually get a hit well before they would have me (they'd frown on 75 in a 55 I'd guess?)... same goes for a spot that frisco PD shoots S of town heading to Breck... so the laser works very well imo, better than radar.

Lots of false alerts in town though... not sure if I'd even leave it plugged in if I lived in the city.
    I use a BEL 955... works for me, I'm sure the real pricey ones do a better job with false alerts, maybe worth spending more if you live in the city? not sure.

if you really want to avoid a ticket though... I hear it's best to just stay behind ZRM in his 72 rambler going 10 under... (odd... never seen that rambler around Summit, I think he's talkin smack!)
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?

Oh, So Interesting!
    it's not infallible, but it'll save you about 1/3 of the time in my experience if you weren't paying attention.

The bridge by the cabrini shrine has CSP shooting laser all the time, I usually get a hit well before they would have me (they'd frown on 75 in a 55 I'd guess?)... same goes for a spot that frisco PD shoots S of town heading to Breck... so the laser works very well imo, better than radar.

Lots of false alerts in town though... not sure if I'd even leave it plugged in if I lived in the city.
    I use a BEL 955... works for me, I'm sure the real pricey ones do a better job with false alerts, maybe worth spending more if you live in the city? not sure.

if you really want to avoid a ticket though... I hear it's best to just stay behind ZRM in his 72 rambler going 10 under... (odd... never seen that rambler around Summit, I think he's talkin smack!)

Agreed, but I think it'll save you more like 2/3 of the time... it depends where you drive. Basically, the more traffic in front of you, the more likely you are to get an alert before you get hit. You have to be more careful on empty roads and get a feel for where they might be hiding and slow down when it's appropriate. Most cops keep their radar on, especially ones just cruising along monitoring traffic going the opposite direction. In canyons, you'll get an alert a corner or 2 before you see them, on an open interstate you have like 2 miles to slow down before they clock you sometimes.

As far as models, the passport 9500 is top of the line, the 8500 works for most, and Bel is actually the same brand, you can save some cash on Bel and get almost the exact same product. I have a Bel 995, which is the same as a passport 8500. I got it for about $200 new. I wouldn't settle for anything less than the Bel 995 or Passport 8500.

edit, Amazon has the 995 for under $200,

http://www.amazon.com/Beltronics-Vec...083364&sr=1-17

the 955 might be pretty much the same thing, you can call Bel and ask, it's about $65 cheaper...
    Last edited by davec113; 05-10-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Moustache rider
    Yep.

I got nabbed by a "revenue officer" a few days ago. This ***** is getting ridiculous, and my respect level for the police is plummeting.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Dude, that Rambler has a 427 hemi w/dual four barrels. I go so fast you just don't see me -you feel me in your chest. I go so fast the cops think they somehow locked onto a 787 headin' to San Fran from DIA.

Can't touch my Rambler.

As much as I am in the "if you don't want a speeding ticket, don't speed" crowd, here's another PSA for those that don't know.
    Many days during evening rush hour, they're set up on the side of W bound I70 between
    32nd/Youngfield and Denver West, where there's that big shoulder and sound blocking wall.
    Why are all you people in such a big hurry to get everywhere?
    Old Codger

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    The funny part about this thread is that if we started talking about mpg, many of the same voices would be chiming in.

Drive within 10 of the limit, don't drive like a jackass and you probably won't get a ticket. Its worked for me for the past 20 years.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    A good part of the reason I keep pretty close to the speed limit, don't run stops, etc is I like having a 100% clean driving record. Makes insurance a lot cheaper and money spent on tickets is money that could be spent on bikes.
    You're telling me. I had a 100% clean driving record and my insurance still seemed high. Then my friend damaged my truck by backing up into a telephone pole...my insurance sky rocketed! It really is BS for the many years I've been with the same insurer, and the many years my record has been clean. They're still quite a bit cheaper than any other insurer I've received quotes from though...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

just extra protection

I don't drive recklessly, and try not to speed on the side streets. But the enforcement is so intense now that its pretty easy to get a ticket just when you might not be paying * close* attention, doing 9,10,11 over the speed limit. My last 2 tix I got were when I was on my way to get my kid to take her to a PT appointment, or soccer practice. I was thinking of something else when I got busted for about 10 over.
    Last edited by jimmy; 05-11-2011 at 07:59 AM.

I don't drive recklessly...............
    .........might not be paying attention

Old Codger

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I don't drive recklessly, and try not to speed on the side streets. But the enforcement is so intense now that its pretty easy to get a ticket just when you might not be paying attention, doing 9,10,11 over the speed limit.
    This may seem obvious, but you should PAY ATTENTION at all times when driving...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wow, thanks for the advice. I think, generally, everybody knows what I mean, not paying close attention to the speed o meter.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy!

Quote Originally Posted by skrd
    This may seem obvious, but you should PAY ATTENTION at all times when driving...
    Don't be so judgmental, I'm sure you know your EXACT speed every moment you are driving

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Don't be so judgmental, I'm sure you know your EXACT speed every moment you are driving
    I'm not trying to be judgemental - I'm just saying that people get really complacent when driving... and it's really not a good environment for complacency. Especially on surface streets off the interstate.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Wow, thanks for the advice. I think, generally, everybody knows what I mean, not paying close attention to the speed o meter.
    Easy to just mindlessly keep up with traffic...and you're the one that gets ticketed. "But I was just keeping up with the flow of the traffic" never works as an excuse in court.

mtbr member
    I70 Eastbound at Genessee is a revenue machine. Down hill steep grade w/ limit at 55mph. My ticket cost $165 for 15mph over which can happen easily within a moment of not riding the brakes down the hill. Setting such a low limit on a wide open highway with relatively few interchanges and then adding aggressive enforcement doesn't lead me on the path of respect CSP.

Dude...
    Why are all you people in such a big hurry to get everywhere?
    We're trying to get home so we can go ride.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueallah
    <snip> which can happen easily within a moment of not riding the brakes down the hill.
    That's what the D2 on the auto transmission is for.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-ticket...,7919402.story

Cops are writing tickets to cover revenue shortfalls. That's BS.

As long as administrators project citation revenues and include them in their annual budget there will be quotas. There's no way around this, no denying it. Notice how DPD refused to release their numbers.

I would much rather pay more in taxes than have a police force taking their attention off the real crimes (which does include DUIs, reckless driving and some instances of speeding) and focused on generating revenue via citations.

The only way I see for police departments to honestly be able to say they don't have quotas is to give away the revenues generated from traffic violations. Give it to some charity or whatever. And yes, I know this will mean more taxes. But ultimately as a society we should judge the need for a police department's size based on their performance and our safety (you know, that whole "protect and serve" thing), not their ability to generate enough revenues via traffic citations that they can justify their existence.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Really? Do we know for a fact that the Morrison cops have bigger fish to fry? Or are we talking about something else now?

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusker
    http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-ticket...,7919402.story

Cops are writing tickets to cover revenue shortfalls. That's BS.

As long as administrators project citation revenues and include them in their annual budget there will be quotas. There's no way around this, no denying it. Notice how DPD refused to release their numbers.

I would much rather pay more in taxes than have a police force taking their attention off the real crimes (which does include DUIs, reckless driving and some instances of speeding) and focused on generating revenue via citations.

The only way I see for police departments to honestly be able to say they don't have quotas is to give away the revenues generated from traffic violations. Give it to some charity or whatever. And yes, I know this will mean more taxes. But ultimately as a society we should judge the need for a police department's size based on their performance and our safety (you know, that whole "protect and serve" thing), not their ability to generate enough revenues via traffic citations that they can justify their existence.

Exactly, it's hard to have respect for the pigs when their job is obviously not "protect and serve", but penalize people who are not posing a major threat to society to fill their coffers while "real" crimes aren't given enough manpower. It is bullsh*t and "we the people" are paying the pig's salaries to do a job we don't want them to do and didn't hire them for. It makes it hard to have any respect for traffic cops at all.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    That's what the D2 on the auto transmission is for.
    Yup, just downshift. No big thang.

Taking responsibility for yourself isn't very fashionable these days, is it?

killin clear creek
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron
    The funny part about this thread is that if we started talking about mpg, many of the same voices would be chiming in.

Drive within 10 of the limit, don't drive like a jackass and you probably won't get a ticket. Its worked for me for the past 20 years.

My cruise control STARTS at 74... and I get 43-46 mpg... I nursed it to see how it would do at 70 instead, and I gained 1 mpg... a 2.2% savings! It wasn't worth the pain of going that slow!!!

The funny thing, EVERY day the same guy in an audi wagon passes me going a solid 8-10 over what I drive... makes me feel slow while I'm going just under 80. Bastard.

oh, btw... a big shocker PSA for y'all,

Don't speed through Empire. John DEFINITELY does not have bigger fish to fry & he loves nailing out of towners!!
    The fact that he just points at his radar when we're (locals) going a bit over, imo is pretty cool. Not something I make a habit of though.

Rigid in Evergreen
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueallah
    I70 Eastbound at Genessee is a revenue machine. Down hill steep grade w/ limit at 55mph. My ticket cost $165 for 15mph over which can happen easily within a moment of not riding the brakes down the hill. Setting such a low limit on a wide open highway with relatively few interchanges and then adding aggressive enforcement doesn't lead me on the path of respect CSP.

I drive that segment of I-70 pretty regularly and it can be a pretty dangerous section of road if there is moderate traffic. You have a lot of slow moving traffic (independent of the speed limit), a lot of fast moving traffic (regardless of the speed limit) and a lot of idiots in crappy, overloaded vehicles who don't appreciate the steepness of the grade, nor the severity of some of the bends in the road. Besides, it is only 55 MPH between the Genessee exit and the Morrison / Golden exit and only for the East-bound (downhill) lanes... i.e. Definitely not what I would classify as a "revenue generator" (or what historically has been known as a "speed-trap").

imaorobbie
    People that willfully speed are a bunch of jerks.

People that willfully speed, get caught, and complain about it are ignorant and have no self-respect and no integrity.

Shut your mouth, pay your fines, and stop speeding. It's not the cops fault, it's not the city's fault, it is solely the responsibility of the driver to know and obey the speed limits (they're posted on very large signs along the side of the road, about 1/4 mile past on on-ramp, with a white back ground and black lettering; at night they are reflective).

Rigid in Evergreen
    Really? Do we know for a fact that the Morrison cops have bigger fish to fry? Or are we talking about something else now?

I'd say the issue isn't whether the Morrison PD have bigger fish to fry or not (It's hard to believe that they would most days), but the real issue is whether the Morrison PD should be fishing on 285 to begin with.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Yup, just downshift. No big thang.

Taking responsibility for yourself isn't very fashionable these days, is it?
    It's not that it's unfashionable, it's just that we're having to compensate for all your boot-licking.

A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

killin clear creek
    Quote Originally Posted by imaorobbie

People that willfully speed, get caught, and complain about it are ignorant and have no self-respect and no integrity.

Shut your mouth, pay your fines, and stop speeding. It's not the cops fault, it's not the city's fault, it is solely the responsibility of the driver to know and obey the speed limits (they're posted on very large signs along the side of the road, about 1/4 mile past on on-ramp, with a white back ground and black lettering; at night they are reflective).

Self righteous much bud?

People like you make good speed bumps.

Like I said before... people who drive the speed limit are a nuisance.

I don't know a single cop (and I'm friends with many) that drives the speed limit. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me. The captain from the Jail in CCC passed me last night when I was going about 78... he's not chasing down a criminal, he's heading home & has better things to do than hang out on the road!

Dude...
    It's amazing how many mother theresa's we have here on a mtn bike forum, but then when I get on the highways, it seems like 90% of drivers are speeding in some fashion or another. I probably speed every time I drive, and so do most of you. What I don't do is drive aggressive, switching from lane to lane, riding the bumper of the guy in front of me and so on. I really tend to just go with the flow, as most of you do. I'm sure some of you really are the super annoying people that have to drive five miles under the speed limit at all times. I would bet that driving that slow all the time is a representation of your mtn biking abilities. Now, if you're driving that slow and it's in a VW bus, that is another story.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I'd say the issue isn't whether the Morrison PD have bigger fish to fry or not (It's hard to believe that they would most days), but the real issue is whether the Morrison PD should be fishing on 285 to begin with.
    Why not? It's within their jurisdiction...

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by ebry74
    Now, if you're driving that slow and it's in a VW bus, that is another story.
    Must mean you're a bad mechanic...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I am appalled by the camera vans that are starting to dot the Denver landscape. As a younger 20 something, it has made me think about trying to do something to account for the idiot politicians which are now in office. Not only voting them out but working to get involved in the local government.
    Free Wheel Coffee...A Coffee of Free Will
    www.Freewheelcoffee.com

mtbr member

285 is my daily commute. The worst part is definitely the canyon. I drive it at least 14 times a week and ALWAYS see a cop car. Marked and unmarked. I've had probably 3 speeding tickets, both north and south bound over the last 10 years. All between 470 and the Indian Hills turn-off. After the second one, my rule became "never pass in the canyon". It's only 2 or 3 miles. Just settle in and relax. They won't bother you under 50, they will pull you over if you are going over 50.

Yes, it's annoying, yes, it's a cash cow for Morrison cops, but it seems pretty stupid to get mad at them when I was the one speeding.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    It's not that it's unfashionable, it's just that we're having to compensate for all your boot-licking.

Boot licking? Isn't that kind of an old fashioned term? Kind of like saying, "yeah daddy o, he's a real hep cat".

PS: If I remember correctly the term originally came from, or was at least popularized by the Wobblies which makes you some kinda commie/socialist.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Boot licking? Isn't that kind of an old fashioned term? Kind of like saying, "yeah daddy o, he's a real hep cat".
    I think DWF is like 70 years old... which makes it even more painful when he blows by you on the DH riding his rigid SS.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss

PS: If I remember correctly the term originally came from, or was at least popularized by the Wobblies which makes you some kinda commie/socialist.
    Your google-fu is weak. Book licking. As in how you can be relied on to constantly have Big Brother's back. Wake up little puppet, there's more to life than being a good German. Rules and laws don't always serve the public's best interest.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ypx7iaH5PwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep

You all are Hooligans!!
    <iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4WROL7HGq4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Your google-fu is weak. Book licking. As in how you can be relied on to constantly have Big Brother's back. Wake up little puppet, there's more to life than being a good German. Rules and laws don't always serve the public's best interest.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ypx7iaH5PwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rage on Garth!

Don't let THE MAN trample over your rights (especially when it comes to how you drive your car and were and how you ride your bike).

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Rage on Garth!

Don't let THE MAN trample over your rights (especially when it comes to how you drive your car and were and how you ride your bike).
    I don't let him. In the words of Cartman, "**** you guys, I do what I want!"

Rigid in Evergreen
    Why not? It's within their jurisdiction...

I get that it is in their "jurisdiction", but what I'm wondering is WHY is it in their jurisdiction?

Maybe if someone asked them, they would answer simply that "we need the revenue and the troopers don't mind". I just find it interesting that they only annexed that specific section of 285 and not the section further to the east... you would think they would have more of a vested interest in policing the intersection of 8 & 285 since 8 actually runs into their town, while 285 never gets near it.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I drove it today. Going the speed limit it takes less than 5 minutes from Hwy 8 to the resumption of 55mph just past Indian Hills. Pretty sure you're not going to save much time driving like a bat out of hell through there...

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    I drove it today. Going the speed limit it takes less than 5 minutes from Hwy 8 to the resumption of 55mph just past Indian Hills. Pretty sure you're not going to save much time driving like a bat out of hell through there...
    I did too but it only took me 1:37.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    This statement cannot be true, as no one in Colorado seems to drive in the right lane when they are going the speed limit. Most like to be in the left lane, driving the exact speed as the person in the right lane they are driving next to.
    +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ...

The fast lane in broken.
    2 wheels

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I drive a fair bit, at least 600+ miles a week. I've found that I'm just not into speeding. I basically drive the limit, maybe 5 mph over. I'm not a granny, move with the flow, I stay out of the way of the 3/4 ton, 8 inch lift, 80mph compensating truck guys. I Jam some tunes, enjoy the scenery, talk with my kid, just never in that big a hurry to be anyplace. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I was on time to work. Plus, I don't like to talk to cops, so I don't do things that gives them a reason to talk to me.

Saw the Morrison boys working the tag team weds afternoon. I've also seen them two other nights this week at like 2a.m. They never sleep. I really don't want to talk to them when I'm out at that hour

Enjoy the weekend everyone, the dirt will be primo!

imaorobbie
    Self righteous much bud?

People like you make good speed bumps.

Like I said before... people who drive the speed limit are a nuisance.

I don't know a single cop (and I'm friends with many) that drives the speed limit.
    Self-righteous? No.

People like you ruin the lives of families with your inconsiderate and selfish life-views.

Like I said, before, anyone that speeds is a jerk.

Cops (or any emergency workers) that speed (when not responding to an emergency) should know better than anyone the dangers of speeding.

It is not hard to drive the speed limit; it takes a little bit of self-restraint and integrity.

Want to do some math? I love math. Let's break down some speeding: Two cars leave from the same place and travel in the same direction. The first car travels at an average of 70 mi/hr (on a road with a speed limit of 60 mi/hr) The second car travels the speed limit (60 mi/hr). Both cars drive for 30 miles. How much faster does the first car arrive than the second car? The second car takes 30 min. to arrive, the first car takes 25 min. 42 sec. to arrive. The first car arrived 4 min. 18 sec. faster than the second car.

Just over 4 minutes is not that much time saved. It won't make up for the time lost while waiting for a ticket or an ambulance.

Some more math from here: "Consider this example: a pedestrian walks out in front of a car. If the car is traveling at just 30 mph, and the driver brakes when the pedestrian is 45 feet away, there will be enough space in which to stop without hitting the pedestrian. Increase the vehicle speed by just 5 mph and the situation changes dramatically. At 35 mph, with the pedestrian 45 feet away and the driver braking at the same point, the car will be traveling at 18 mph when it hits the pedestrian. An impact at 18 mph can seriously injure or even kill the pedestrian."

Now some statistics: Nationwide 31.3% of traffic fatalities in 2008 occurred when speeding was a factor in the crash (Source: US Census).

People between the age of 16 and 34 account for 41.6% of fatalities in car crashes (Source: US Census).

Some statistics for Colorado: In 2008 38.3% of traffic fatalities in Colorado were caused by speeding (Source: US Census). Compare this to 36.8% of fatalities caused by drivers impaired by alcohol (Source: US Census).

In conclusion, if you speed (which is a willful act) you are an inconsiderate person with no self-respect or integrity. So, please, slow down, drive better, and stay safe (for yourself and everyone else around you on the road).

Stand back
    Some more math from here: "Consider this example: a pedestrian walks out in front of a car. If the car is traveling at just 30 mph, and the driver brakes when the pedestrian is 45 feet away, there will be enough space in which to stop without hitting the pedestrian. Increase the vehicle speed by just 5 mph and the situation changes dramatically. At 35 mph, ...In conclusion, if you speed (which is a willful act) you are an inconsiderate person with no self-respect or integrity. So, please, slow down, drive better, and stay safe (for yourself and everyone else around you on the road).
    Who was talking about speeding through school zones? The OP is talking highway speeds, where there have been plenty of studies showing that higher speeds are not necessarily more dangerous.

http://news.uns.purdue.edu/x/2008a/0...ringSpeed.html

And along those same lines, then you could say that anyone who drives in an area with pedestrians and cyclists is also a jerk. Afterall, you have a much greater chance of hurting someone while driving a car than if you were on foot or riding. Or maybe it's just the guys who drive less pedestrian friendly (ie: trucks with big metal bumpers) are bigger jerks, no matter how fast they're driving. Do you own a car? What do you drive?
    Living in black and white isn't easy, is it?
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Oh, So Interesting!
    Self-righteous? No.

People like you ruin the lives of families with your inconsiderate and selfish life-views.

Like I said, before, anyone that speeds is a jerk.

Cops (or any emergency workers) that speed (when not responding to an emergency) should know better than anyone the dangers of speeding.

It is not hard to drive the speed limit; it takes a little bit of self-restraint and integrity.

Want to do some math? I love math. Let's break down some speeding: Two cars leave from the same place and travel in the same direction. The first car travels at an average of 70 mi/hr (on a road with a speed limit of 60 mi/hr) The second car travels the speed limit (60 mi/hr). Both cars drive for 30 miles. How much faster does the first car arrive than the second car? The second car takes 30 min. to arrive, the first car takes 25 min. 42 sec. to arrive. The first car arrived 4 min. 18 sec. faster than the second car.

Just over 4 minutes is not that much time saved. It won't make up for the time lost while waiting for a ticket or an ambulance.

Some more math from here: "Consider this example: a pedestrian walks out in front of a car. If the car is traveling at just 30 mph, and the driver brakes when the pedestrian is 45 feet away, there will be enough space in which to stop without hitting the pedestrian. Increase the vehicle speed by just 5 mph and the situation changes dramatically. At 35 mph, with the pedestrian 45 feet away and the driver braking at the same point, the car will be traveling at 18 mph when it hits the pedestrian. An impact at 18 mph can seriously injure or even kill the pedestrian."

Now some statistics: Nationwide 31.3% of traffic fatalities in 2008 occurred when speeding was a factor in the crash (Source: US Census).

People between the age of 16 and 34 account for 41.6% of fatalities in car crashes (Source: US Census).

Some statistics for Colorado: In 2008 38.3% of traffic fatalities in Colorado were caused by speeding (Source: US Census). Compare this to 36.8% of fatalities caused by drivers impaired by alcohol (Source: US Census).

In conclusion, if you speed (which is a willful act) you are an inconsiderate person with no self-respect or integrity. So, please, slow down, drive better, and stay safe (for yourself and everyone else around you on the road).

dbabuser is right, fatalities on highways WENT DOWN when the speed limit WENT UP from 55 mph.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I did too but it only took me 1:37.
    Watch that corner with the cops.

imaorobbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Who was talking about speeding through school zones? The OP is talking highway speeds, where there have been plenty of studies showing that higher speeds are not necessarily more dangerous.

http://news.uns.purdue.edu/x/2008a/0...ringSpeed.html

And along those same lines, then you could say that anyone who drives in an area with pedestrians and cyclists is also a jerk. Afterall, you have a much greater chance of hurting someone while driving a car than if you were on foot or riding. Or maybe it's just the guys who drive less pedestrian friendly (ie: trucks with big metal bumpers) are bigger jerks, no matter how fast they're driving. Do you own a car? What do you drive?
    Living in black and white isn't easy, is it?
    There is little logic in your statements. Anyone driving and obeying the rules of the road (the traffic laws) is less likely to hit or injure a cyclist, pedestrian, or other vehicle. If they are driving within the limits of the law and a collision occurs, then it is an accident. Just as when a person rides a bike, motorist are responsible for maintaing control of their vehicle and are fully culpable and responsible for their actions; and for knowing all applicable rules. Speeding is like not yielding to uphill traffic, equestrians, or hikers. Many of you that justify speeding condemn poor trail etiquette. What's the difference? Several thousand pounds of weight, and more force than a bullet.

Speeders may believe their vehicles' brakes can defy physics, but they can't. Besides, speeding, harsh acceleration, and excessive braking (components of speeding) cause poor fuel economy and excessive wear on parts.

No, there is no scalar for people who speed. They are jerks, no matter where, when, or in what type of car.

Do I own a car? No.

Do I drive a car? Yes. In fact, I have driven professionally: light box trucks, single drive-axle medium-duty trucks with a 22 ft. flat bed hauling, up to, 15,000 pounds.

When I drive, it is either a Toyota 4-Runner, or a Jeep Wrangler. I don't see this situation in black and white. Also, I am not trying to justify breaking the law and endangering the lives of others and myself.

Have I ever speed? Yes. Do I intentionally speed? No. I check my speedometer in a series with checking my mirrors. I have been pulled over once for speeding. I knew I was speeding (I was coasting, out of gear, down the hill just after Leyden towards 64th AVE. on Hwy. 93) and I pulled over before the cop had his sirens on. He asked if I knew how fast I was going, and I said, "Too fast." He replied, "Yep, 68 in a 55. That's 13 over." He also asked why I was speeding. To which I said, "I wasn't paying attention and was just coasting." I paid my fine, had an increase in my insurance premiums, and now I don't speed.

The article (not the study) you linked to refers to drivers that drive the speed limit and makes no mention of speeding drivers. Also, the article does not report a decrease in accidents or injuries to drivers with an increased speed limit. Further, let's take a look at this: Speeding-Related Traffic Fatalities by Road Type, Speed Limit, and State: 2008

Here is a break down: Nationwide, on interstates, fatalities occurring at speeds over 55 MPH accounted for 10% of speeding-related deaths; at or under 55 MPH made up less than 3% of all speeding-related fatalities. On non-interstate roads (like U.S. Hwy. 285) fatalities on roads with 55 MPH were 25% of speeding-realted fatalities in 2008; for roads with 45 MPH speed limits, fatalities made up 4% of speeding-related fatalities. Conclusion: speeding-related fatalities on non-interstate roads with speed limits of 55 MPH were 15% higher than on interstates with speeds over 55 MPH, 22% higher on interstates with speed limits of 55 MPH, and 21% higher than non-interstates with speed limit 45 MPH.

Is there an understanding why civil engineers, DOTs, traffic engineers, and municipalities set the speed limits at what they are? Does that understanding relate to the signed agreement (you signed it when you got your license) that you will drive within the limits of the law, under punishment if failing to do so?

Just like on a bike: if you want to go fast and disregard the rules, join one of the many sports-car clubs and race on a closed course where everyone is a willing participant in the race.

Dealing with a guilty conscience isn't easy, is it? Lying to yourself that speeding isn't a big deal isn't easy, is it? Remaining ignorant and callous towards the safety of others when your hurtling along mindlessly speeding isn't easy is it? Getting called a jerk, when you know you're acting like a jerk, isn't easy, is it?

To people that feel it is ok to speed: why do you feel it is acceptable to speed; what is your reasoning and justifications?

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    To people that feel it is ok to speed: why do you feel it is acceptable to speed; what is your reasoning and justifications?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    <snip>
    Because I-80 through western Utah and Nevada is terminally boring?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    BLAH, BLAH, HIGH HORSE BS, BLAH, STUPID ANECDOTE ABOUT DRIVING, BLAH
    No problem for the summary.

I just assume my speedometer is 10 mph slow, that's my justification for speeding. That and the fact that my reason for speeding is just as arbitrary as the speed limit.

imaorobbie
    Because I-80 through western Utah and Nevada is terminally boring?
    It is? That must be a matter of perspective. Give John McPhee's book, "Annals of the Former World," a read, paying close attention to the "Basin and Range" section.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    It is? That must be a matter of perspective. Give John McPhee's book, "Annals of the Former World," a read, paying close attention to the "Basin and Range" section.
    Dude - I was just trying to get to Tahoe to meet my girlfriend. I-80 is terminally boring even at 100mph.

imaorobbie
    Dude - I was just trying to get to Tahoe to meet my girlfriend. I-80 is terminally boring even at 100mph.
    Excuses still smell like shitty *******s.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Excuses still smell like shitty *******s.
    That wasn't an excuse. I'd do it again on that God-forsaken stretch of road.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    I80 sucks. Hwy 50 is incredible....especially on a bike. Nevada at 15mph is super weird.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!

Bah, baaahhhh, BBAAAAHHHHH!!!

Rage on with your bad, puritanical self.

Chew on this, DB - I not only speed, intentionally, but I also flash others to warn them of speed traps ahead. Hell, I've gone as far as to park in an area that I knew would create issues for officers trying to shoot radar and have considered spray painting a warning on the area of highway in question (but I've got better things to do with my time). Why am I telling you this? Just because it brings me a perverse sense of pleasure to picture you sitting in your meticulously organized abode, after a hard day of ironing your socks, face red with indignation at the idea that there are those of us who would willfully work to undermine the authority of your keepers.
    Last edited by Godzilla; 05-17-2011 at 08:13 AM.
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Wow, imaorobbie is obviously some sort of Junior G-man wanna be who failed out of police academy. Sweet melt dude.

imarobbie, I am on your side with the thought that people shouldn't speed, but you worry me.

But of course, by your definition, I am a jerk, so I doubt you care.

BTW, when you have sped, were you just a jerk for the moment you were speeding, or does that make you a life-long jerk?
    Old Codger

imaorobbie
    imarobbie, I am on your side with the thought that people shouldn't speed, but you worry me.

But of course, by your definition, I am a jerk, so I doubt you care.

BTW, when you have sped, were you just a jerk for the moment you were speeding, or does that make you a life-long jerk?
    What worries you? That I am willing to stand up and call people out on their ********? Which, I would fully accept anyone doing to me. There is no good justification for speeding, or drinking and driving, or discharging a firearm in a crowd. All are illegal, all kill. In fact, the first two kill far more than the last.

We're all life-long jerks at this point.

imaorobbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    Bah, baaahhhh, BBAAAAHHHHH!!!

Rage on with your bad, puritanical self.

Chew on this, DB - I not only speed, intentionally, but I also flash others to warn them of speed traps ahead. Hell, I've gone as far as to park in an area that I knew would create issues for officers trying to shoot radar and have considered spray painting a warning on the area of highway in question (but I've got better things to do with my time). Why am I telling you this? Just because it brings me a perverse sense of pleasure to picture you sitting in your meticulously organized abode, after a hard day of ironing your socks, face red with indignation at the idea that there are those of us who would willfully work to undermine the authority of your keepers.
    So it's a big brother thing to you? Don't you think there are bigger fish to fry in that pond then police doing their jobs and stopping people that willfully endanger others? I would think things like police terrorism, and "with-out cause" murders by police officers would take more precedence. How about the fact that there are more police in this country then American military spread around the world? Or that police forces train with, and use, better equipment than the military has. Then again, police beating unarmed, detained people is probably funny to you, since you have no sense of respect for others (as proven by your total disregard for speed limits).

You say you, "work to undermine the authority of your keepers," but then you claim you have "better things to do"? So, are you too afraid to actually go through with graffiti and confronting the police about their actions that you think are wrong? Way to keep stepping with the status quo. Have you ever stood in front of a wall of riot cops with fully-automatic weapons, when the only weapon you have is your voice and presence?

If you're so worried about "your handlers" then maybe you heard of the Supreme Court decision, yesterday, to make it easier for police to break into your home without a warrant.

Rigid in Evergreen
    There's something strange and worrying about black-and-white rants on the Internet... oh wait, no there's not, it's just the Internet

imaorobbie
    That wasn't an excuse. I'd do it again on that God-forsaken stretch of road.
    You're so important that you can disregard the rules at the expense of the safety of others?

Or does speeding make your pants feel tighter?

friend of Apex

Dont pay it

... the pricks still mailed me a ticket.
    http://www.kdvr.com/videobeta/76305e...kets-worthless

link to Faux story about red light cameras

link to Colorado Statute regarding mailed tickets
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron
    I80 sucks. Hwy 50 is incredible....especially on a bike. Nevada at 15mph is super weird.
    I think we're coming back on 50 from Cali during this summer's fambly road trip.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    You're so important that you can disregard the rules at the expense of the safety of others?
    I-80 through W. Utah and Nevada? There *aren't* any "others"...

Although I have to say... I *am* pretty important.

Or does speeding make your pants feel tighter?
    No... it wasn't the speeding that did that.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    So it's a big brother thing to you? Don't you think there are bigger fish to fry in that pond then police doing their jobs and stopping people that willfully endanger others? I would think things like police terrorism, and "with-out cause" murders by police officers would take more precedence. How about the fact that there are more police in this country then American military spread around the world? Or that police forces train with, and use, better equipment than the military has. Then again, police beating unarmed, detained people is probably funny to you, since you have no sense of respect for others (as proven by your total disregard for speed limits).

You say you, "work to undermine the authority of your keepers," but then you claim you have "better things to do"? So, are you too afraid to actually go through with graffiti and confronting the police about their actions that you think are wrong? Way to keep stepping with the status quo. Have you ever stood in front of a wall of riot cops with fully-automatic weapons, when the only weapon you have is your voice and presence?

If you're so worried about "your handlers" then maybe you heard of the Supreme Court decision, yesterday, to make it easier for police to break into your home without a warrant.
    Your take on the above mentioned (and very legitimate) issues seems strangely out of step with your take on the evils of exceeding posted speed limits. Civil disobedience springs from the ability and willingness to question authority, and while speeding hardly qualifies as civil disobedience, there's a shared genesis. I call B.S. on your contributions to this thread.

For the record, I can't (honestly) find it in me to wax philosophical about breaking the speed limit - I just wanted to add my foot to the many trying to kick your soapbox from beneath you.
    Now with more vitriol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0