Old, stale, negative

Lenz Sport snow bike?

Anyone ridden one of these and are they even legal on the mountains of Colorado? I looked and can't seem to find much on the subject. Thanks for any help. just bored and want to try something different in the mountains.

jl
    climb
    Quote Originally Posted by bstrick
    Anyone ridden one of these and are they even legal on the mountains of Colorado? I looked and can't seem to find much on the subject. Thanks for any help. just bored and want to try something different in the mountains.
    Yep, legal at most resorts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT6pDvkmtFM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGed9sowAz0
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

Old, stale, negative
    Cool, yeah, they look fun as hell. Where can I rent one?

Armchair Sasquatcheror

Ski Bobby

The Euros have been riding these for nearly a century in some form or another and they refer to them as Ski Bobbys. Check out this Lenz Sport promo, my band did the soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENg8wN2QPlI

The lenz Sports are real nice but save your $. If you want to demo one, Monster Drop Shop in Summit Cove near Keystone will have a demo fleet this winter.

The other option is to get a mod kit and turn your old DH frame into a ski bike. My buddy used the X games kit, which was about $120. combined with a $99. pair of snolar blades and the set up is sick. I personally like it a bot more than the Lenz as it was cheaper and sports a much slacker head angle, which I quite like for the gravity sports. The traditional ski bobby has you wearing ski boots with small skis on your boots. I don't know how you catch air on these though, because its seems that you would land on your nuts.

I am looking forward to getting some more days in on the ski bike this winter.
    "Put the Fun Between Your Legs."

Old, stale, negative
    Wow, thanks, just the information I was looking for. I can't wait. Have a good winter.

Out Of Control
    Check out Mojo. i believe they sell them. They are funner then ****!

mtbr member
    Winter Park has something along these lines as does sol vista... I have not yet tried as I am scared I would like it too much!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveinsasquatch
    The Euros have been riding these for nearly a century in some form or another and they refer to them as Ski Bobbys. Check out this Lenz Sport promo, my band did the soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENg8wN2QPlI

The lenz Sports are real nice but save your $. If you want to demo one, Monster Drop Shop in Summit Cove near Keystone will have a demo fleet this winter.

The other option is to get a mod kit and turn your old DH frame into a ski bike. My buddy used the X games kit, which was about $120. combined with a $99. pair of snolar blades and the set up is sick. I personally like it a bot more than the Lenz as it was cheaper and sports a much slacker head angle, which I quite like for the gravity sports. The traditional ski bobby has you wearing ski boots with small skis on your boots. I don't know how you catch air on these though, because its seems that you would land on your nuts.

I am looking forward to getting some more days in on the ski bike this winter.

Do you have a link or more info on where he bought the needed items?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I talked to Devin Lenz about it and he said that it is best to head up with someone that can show you some of the basics and within a half day you will have it down.

If you are a serious buyer you may want to talk to Devin directly about trying one of his out and getting a little lesson from him.

mtbr member
    Found the link... appears they are sold out, Anyone know where else to get the conversion kit at?

Old, stale, negative
    I called Devin and he did not call me back. I am interested in trying before buying for sure. The conversion kit sounds like a fun winter project.

trail waggler

Keep tryin'...

My friends Mike & Bernie used to race DH for Devin, and they snowbike with him alot in the winter, They say that it's a <big>HOOT</big>. Devin has some demo's, so just try and get in touch with him!
    MY dog can lick YOUR dog!

Old, stale, negative
    Will do..

Armchair Sasquatcheror

North Legion

Yes, Devin is a hard guy to get in touch with, he is very busy. I think my buddy bought the X games mod kit off of Ebay, as well as the skiis.

Check out North Legion, this is what I would get if I had the cash right now. This is who Darren Barreclothe rides for in the winter.

http://www.northlegion.com/
    "Put the Fun Between Your Legs."

Old, stale, negative
    thx

Members who have read this thread: 0