mtbr member

Leadville Winter Mountain bike race schedule?

Anyone know if there will be a winter mountain bike race series in leadville this year and if dates have been set?

Team Velveeta™

Cloud City Wheelers

Quote Originally Posted by mfronk1 View Post
    Anyone know if there will be a winter mountain bike race series in leadville this year and if dates have been set?
    It'll probably be here if/when it gets set:

Cloud City Wheelers Bicycle Club in Leadville, Colorado - Leadville, Colorado Bike Club Events & Rides

Maybe Leadvegas or one of the other Pb-town villains will post something soon.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    It's already out on their facebook page.

January 14 Copper Race : 7 pm
    February 4 Tennessee Pass Night Jam : 7 pm
    March 3 Mineral Belt Mayhem : 7pm
    April 7 East Side Epic : 10am

Looking forward to the copper race. Rumors circulating that it is gonna be fun.
    Free Wheel Coffee...A Coffee of Free Will
    www.Freewheelcoffee.com

Team Velveeta™

Just say, oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalcuz View Post
    It's already out on their facebook page...
    Ach. Some of us do not have a presence on the Book of Faces, oddly enough. Since they don't let you see stuff unless you have an account it's a drag when organizations post only there.

Ach.

old skool newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    Ach. Some of us do not have a presence on the Book of Faces, oddly enough. Since they don't let you see stuff unless you have an account it's a drag when organizations post only there.

Ach.
    +1 der Facenbuk bin bullsheitz

The winter race series is pretty fun tho'. Probably the only race I would do these days because it is fun.

Team Velveeta™

Race Series good, FriendFace bad

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    ...The winter race series is pretty fun tho'. Probably the only race I would do these days because it is fun.
    Oh yeah, totally. Disregard any comments about the Book of Faces if it interferes with ones good feelings about the Leadville Winter Series.

Those Leadville punks put on super fun events, good people, plenty of snowy coldness for everyone.

Trying to ride a bike on a snowmachine track in 15" of mashed potato snow is a great time. Good chance to do a huge header into a bottomless snow drift, even better chance to blow chunks mightily from over-the-top aerobic efforts in the midst of one's wintertime non-fitness. Plenty of Dale's Pale afterword to wash the vomit from one's palate.

mtbr member

2012 Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series

January 14 Copper EnFuego: 5:30 pm

February 4 Tennessee Pass Night Jam : 7 pm

March 3 Mineral Belt Mayhem : 7pm

April 7 East Side Epic : 10am

Sorry about not getting the dates up sooner, we're still working out some things with the Copper race. The course is not set in snow yet but we do know it will have hard man made snow sections, bike path section, heated paver stone section, crazy spectators, fireworks, and a cool after party.

Facebook is an easy way to get messages out to a lot of people. It is also easier than our website to up date. We're hopefully in the process to change our website to make it easier for us to update since our web savvy guy moved away.

I'll make a point to update stuff here. (probably on a new thread)

We look forward to seeing everyone for a great season, since this series helped us build more than 4 miles of trail this summer with plenty more planned for next!

Stayin' Puft
    Wow I have done the old January race a couple times, and it was always nice how it might be 14 degrees at the start but the freakish leadville winter sun would always make it warm as things progressed. Too bad that's not happening this year, 3/4 of the races are night. Brrrr.... I do like Copper though so not ruling it out...

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Quote Originally Posted by leadvegas View Post
    January 14 Copper EnFuego: 5:30 pm
    This one is sparking my interest!!

Quote Originally Posted by canyonrat View Post
    Wow I have done the old January race a couple times, and it was always nice how it might be 14 degrees at the start but the freakish leadville winter sun would always make it warm as things progressed. Too bad that's not happening this year, 3/4 of the races are night. Brrrr.... I do like Copper though so not ruling it out...
    Carpool Rat?! split a condo 4 ways? i'll see if i have any hookups in copper!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    The East Side Epic (usually the first race) is still happening we just pushed it to the last race so we (hopefully) have better conditions for a longer course. The snowmobile club is grooming more terrain this year and we hope to take full advantage of that during the Epic!

mtbr member
    The Copper race sounds cool but hopefully is stays cheap and doesn't get commercialized where it costs 70$ and you get a goody bag full of lame brochures like events like the seaotter (Rip off).

Stayin' Puft
    Quote Originally Posted by leadvegas View Post
    The East Side Epic (usually the first race) is still happening we just pushed it to the last race so we (hopefully) have better conditions for a longer course. The snowmobile club is grooming more terrain this year and we hope to take full advantage of that during the Epic!
    Nice! In April, could be shorts and a t-shirt! Sounds like a party...

mtbr member
    Highly commercialized is something that will never happen to anything having to do with the Cloud City Wheelers. We were approached by a Wheelers' member who works at Copper who asked if we wanted to do another race. Since Copper will be a great venue we jumped at the chance. This will also give us some great publicity. The races will still all be $20 with all the proceeds going to the club. We hope to do a cool race this summer....