Thread: leadville

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

leadville

Hey guys just wondering if the leadville 100 course will be open or i should say dry. My girlfriend got into the leadville 100 and she would like to try to ride some the course just to get an idea of what it is like. She has been riding hard here in texas in the palo duro canyon but as you know we hardly have the climbs or elevation. SO thats why were wanting to know if there will be snow on the ground or it will be wet. If any thing she would like to do some climbing. we are probably looking in two weeks for memorial weekend. thanks guys

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    There is a 99.8% chance that very little of the dirt portion of the Leadville course that is on dirt will be free of snow mid-late June at the earliest. Even in a low snow year the high country doesn't melt out until then and this has not been a low snow year and it's snowing as I type.

Go ride!!!
    We still have quite a bit of snow and will for a while!

mtbr member
    It just snowed again today! Damn it! The Cloud City Wheeler's website and Facebook page will have trail updates in the very near future.

mtbr member
    Go to Moab!!!

The continual snowing here is starting to get a little painful.

Come here in July

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Salida has some great riding now, just down the road. You can ride from BV to Salida on Aspen Ridge, and then do a bunch of stuff in salida...