slow

Laramie WY Conditions?

Anyone know if North Fork trail from Brookln Lake to Sand Creek road is melted out and ridable? Also, is Pole Mountain / Happy Jack clear? Looking to escape the heat in Fort Collins.
    Thanks.

(X-post from Wyoming, Montana, Idaho Forum)

mtbmike

Pole Mountain has been clear since mid May

Last rode there over Memorial Day.... everything was drier than normal. Bugs were coming on but not bad.... yet. You should cal the Pedal House in Laramie to make sure the bugs haven't taken over. When they are bad, the place is not fun.
    mtbmike
    Longmont Colorado

The world is run by those that show up....

Beer

New question here. bugs

I rode in on memorial day weekend as well. My first time up there ever, trails were great, . So I always hear about the bugs up there. How bad is it and why does it get so bad? Mosquitos? The bugs always seem to be the one downside that people mention about that area.

btx
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Well, I haven't done any mountain biking up there, but I have done a ton of fishing. The mosquitos do suck, but the gnats are just as bad. You see giant columns of the damned things--I see similar stuff out at Boyd Lake around sunset in the summer.

mtbmike
    When it's bad, it's horrendous. Several years ago I took the family up in mid June for a biking/camping trip. It was breezy when we got to the Tie City CG, and we quickly popped the tents and told the kids that we were going to do a quick loop.. We'll be back in an hour to fix lunch and deploy the rest of the camping stuff.

We got back to the site and the kids were being held hostage in their tent. I told them, "Awww, it ain't so bad! I'm gonna make lunch now, come out of those tents!" halfway into making sandwiches, my tune had changed... "Okay, as soon as we eat lunch, we are out of here." The skeets and flies can be crazy bad. There have been other times that 5 minutes is all we could take before retreating to the car and leaving.
    mtbmike
    Longmont Colorado

The world is run by those that show up....

"Oldfart from Wayback"

I found this from the Medicine Bow NF site

Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    Anyone know if North Fork trail from Brookln Lake to Sand Creek road is melted out and ridable?

HERE that you can follow to a "Trail Conditions" page HERE

But the bad new's is that Brooklyn Lk may be Closed Due to Snow

Thanks for the memory jog !! I haven't been to the Snowy's in 15 yrs !! I used to go there every weekend when my kids were babies 20 yrs. ago. I'm really looking at the Sheep Lk. trail out of Sand Lk. to Brooklyn Lk for a new adventure. But then, I've always looked at the old jeep ruts running S across the tundra from the Observation Post. Thanks again for getting me "out of the box"
    Last edited by onbelaydave; 06-20-2006 at 06:22 PM.

"Oldfart from Wayback"

You'd think the Fed's might be able to update their own site

Quote Originally Posted by onbelaydave
    But the bad new's is that Brooklyn Lk may be Closed Due to Snow

I just noticed the "update" is from July of LAST YEAR

So much for the power of the web